Der Riese Missing Zombie? how did we miss him?

fraztheman

Hi everyone, was playing a game on Der Riese earlier today split screen offline, everythings going to plan using the teleporting stratagy going from one end of the map to the other running via the stairs near the bouncing bettys etc. Up to round 26

At the end of the round we save a zombie while we use the box, when done we kill him and the round does not end.

So a hunt for a crawler that we hadn't seen .. no joy

We check all the windows and zombie entry routes in case there is some zombie stuck somehow, we can keep hearing him everywhere on the map.

Finally we teleport back and forth until our points run dry to see if this causes him to appear. (15 mins elapsed), monkeys used to see if we could track him down, all corridors checked.

we guess that there is clearly no hope so decide to muck around shooting the teddy bear on the box near the power switch before quitting the game, and as I fire my last mag on the Galill what should appear running towards us having just come through the wall near the bowie knife- you guessed it! our missing friend.

What followed was an interesting few rounds gaining points etc and a good laugh getting back in to it etc.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? if not feel free to laugh at our misfortune!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

When you say coming through the wall, did he physically go through it? Or did you just see it come from that area?

I had a game in Kino, Round 16. All zombies were dead, except we could hear a Gas Zombie. Checked all around the map and couldn't find it anywhere. It was loudest in the lobby/spawn room, so I deduced it was there. I realized it must've glitched out, and being a Gas Zombie, it would be on the roof. Shot every where on the roof but didn't hit it once. We all left because we couldn't find it.

A glitch seems to occur sometimes where the zombie will act like it's not behind a window and start trying to attack you from behind the window, and never break out. In your case, this may have happened, and when you were far away from him or when it didn't get a hit in, it died and respawned somewhere else, properly breaking out this time.

Lol this happened to me on ascension.. except you killed the crawler right before he was gonna die by himself.! in ascension, if you have a crawler for to long, it dies and another zombie (this time its a sprinting zombie) comes out and chases you. You killed the crawler right as the zombie spawned... but then again, it shouldnt have taken it 15 mins for it to respawn... spawning glitch while porting the w@w spawn points to BO version?

we can keep hearing him everywhere on the map.

That's the problem with the classic maps, the sound is kcuf'd up and you can never quite tell which direction they're coming from and how far away they are. This was never a problem on the W@W versions so I dunno why the Black Ops versions are like it...

we can keep hearing him everywhere on the map.

That's the problem with the classic maps, the sound is kcuf'd up and you can never quite tell which direction they're coming from and how far away they are. This was never a problem on the W@W versions so I dunno why the Black Ops versions are like it...

That problem is VERY evident on NDU. I had the same problem, last zombie glitched out and wouldn't come to any of the windows. It was pretty much impossible to tell where he was coming from because it sounded like he was coming from everywhere. It was just too hard to pinpoint. He ended up showing after about 5 mins, but it was a very frustrating 5 mins of searching.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man that is so annoying (the non-directional sound in the classic maps)

I've had a monkey in Ascension get trapped under the stairs between where Mule Kick is now and Speed Cola. Took us a while to find him. Gave us a nice little break.

The first time we did the EE on Moon, we got to 29 and had left a crawler before teleporting to Earth and when we came back we could not find the zombie ANYWHERE - plus the round number had disappeared from the bottom left corner. After some time, we all dolphin dove off the cliff at spawn. It was pretty lame. That was on XBOX (I only play on my XBOX when the maps first come out until they're out on PS3).

• 8 months later...

This happened to me several times in Verrukt and Der Riese. But, I found an incredibly stupid zombie I like to call "the mentally retarded" zombie. (i like to name different types of "glitched out" zombies. Tell me if this happened to you: I was playing Verrukt split-screen offline and the person im playing with goes down and dies. As i'm surviving, a zombie (the mentally retarded zombie) looks at me but runs into the **** please report this topic, post ****(i was in the speed cola room). It keeps trying to come towards me, but goes back to the doorway. Then it runs to me, and it goes back. I'm thinking "WTF?" NOTE: i was last man alive, had cymbal monkeys but didn't throw any. That's when the "mentally retarded zombie" was born.

Other "glitched" zombie names (read if you want)

#1 retard zombie: This was talked about. When a zombie is out of the map and it tries to hit you while its outside.

#2 baby zombie: I call this a baby zombie for a reason. I can't type what I really call it. Anyway, a baby zombie is a zombie that runs away from you when you are the only guy alive. Mostly happens on moon.

• Administrators

I was playing Moon and got to Round 41 and did the glitch to only have like 24 zombies spawn, and I tried it again on Round 48 and it didn't spawn any zombies, and we were forced to quit, that absolutely blew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Lol so I was playing just the other day with a random and this happened to us at round 32. We did the same as you, running around for about 15 minutes searching, and finally decided to suicide our way out (We'd beaten his record).

So there we are stading on the bringe, and i pull out a grenade and die, then watch him while he sprays the ground with his raygun. The INSTANT he went down, I watched the zombie come running out of the Type 100 room. Yea that pretty much sucked balls lolz

• 11 months later...

Often i would get a zombie under the map. That's what this sounds like.

Strangely, in Tranzit, if you fight for a while in town, you will eventually hear a zombie/zombies while in the bar. They are under ground or above you or something, but they don't count as being in the game, you don't have to kill them. Like, I'll end the rounds, and in between rounds, still hear him swinging at something.

I think that it was Tranzit, but it may just be in Town survival.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Happened once, not long ago. I heard the zombie litrally everywhere (and I swear, I heard 2 zombies... sound is messed up on verruckt, and der riese) after 10-15 mins he showed up from somewhere, I don't know where he was. I got a glitched zombie once in BO shoninuma (you know, these glitchy W@W zombies, stuck on a window shaking his head like a retard). Very rare in BO1, for me at least

Edited by ZombieProfessional
  • 3 months later...

So ironic I was looking at this post right before I started a game, and what do ya know ..it happens! Round 26 one of our guys leaves so it's just me and this dude "bowtie" and  we keep hearing the growls like theres one left we can't find it. We're running all over the map. We tried staying in one place for a long time, we teleported 5 or 6 times. Nothing! after like every 2 teleports dogs spawned though. Anyways.. I go running around to look for him again after waiting by the power switch and I see on the ground this crawlers hand just twitching. it was frozen by the door adjacent to the mainframe by the Thompson room. just spazing out so I shot it with my ray gun and stabbed it a couple times with a bowe knife and finally a new zombie comes jumping down in that spot and I kill him then the round ends. It was crazy haha.

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me back in 2011, I think?

Solo on Der Riese, got the power turned on, Ray Gun acquired and was going through some rounds. Not sure what round it was (not that high) but I finished a regular round, so I thought, but I couldn't find the last zombie. I don't think I could hear it either. Waited a solid five minutes waiting near the catwalk and then I turned my XBOX off and went to play some piano. I thought it only happened to me.... :P