Kino World Record - Round 51 - No Perks or PaP

ninezerowill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched this whole video and he definitely had God mode on. There were times where he practically touched zombies without them hitting him. No matter how good you are you can't go 51 rounds without being hit once by a single zombie. It was well thought out though. Notice how he threw a monkey so that if a zombie came up behind him it would look like it was going for a monkey. Also check out 1:50 in the video. Definitely should have gotten hit there. and watch at 0:35 there was no reason to use a thundergun there. He just used it because if he ran by those zombies and didn't get hit, everyone would have known it was god mode. If I was playing in that situation I wouldn't have used a thundergun. Also notice how he kills himself with a trap, not by zombies killing him. When I suicide it is always by zombies. But he couldn't kill himself by zombies because he had god mode on. So he went for the trap. It was a well put together attempt, but you can't fool me. I doubt that even the best players in the world could get to 51 with no perks or PaP. Not saying that you suck or anything, you might be good a zombies. This was a hack...

1:50 does not look like a hit for me. You can pass by a zombie very close, as long as you sprint, he often does not hit you.

2:07 is something to discuss.

0:35 agreed, but I would also go precautious without jug and revive.

God mode makes you also immune to traps.

see 8Aw9rDViCT0

I could reload the thunder too in the first few versions.

Another point is 0:20, where the turret hits him (listen to the audio), but no hit indicator shows up.

We have to keep in mind, that he played on a very early version, where many things are different. Well, afterall, I can't tell if this is a fake or not, no proof holds water.

I really don't know what to think about this anymore.

I've just done a no perks Kino challenge, and I got above 30 (not going to say how high until the video is out :D)

It is seriously very very difficult. I didn't use the Thundergun for at least the first 30 rounds, but even after then you are going to be in situations where even with the Thunder you can go down. There are too many instances running around the stage where you go around a slightly blind corner and get swiped from 2 zombies coming from the side, and that's it, game over.

The easy way would be the slow but steady way....use the teleporter within the first 15 seconds of a new round, then loop the map. There will be none behind you, and if you kill them slowly they are manageable. The 2 issues with this is that past 35 or so they take too long to kill so you need to use traps or Thunder....either will create a brand new spawn to be dealt with. This can be negated by getting the teleporter ready and using again after killing, but it takes an insane amount of time.

I believe this is possible to complete, but ball breakingly difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

No perk challenges are always nonesense after a while. It doesn't matter skill past round 25 or so, it matters how much time you are willing to waste, and your blind luck.

Getting double-hit happens. On Kino especially, you're going to get smacked once or twice going around some of the (several) blind corners, and the Thundergun won't always save you.

Beyond that, it only takes an insane amount of time to complete a round. As the poster above me stated, you could use the teleporter literally every time you kill a spawn, but thats going to take an hour to finish a round. Without juggernog you can't run back through traps either.

No perk games are not fun. I can get behind "spawn room only" challenges, which are just super intense, but eliminating perks entirely while opening up the entire map isn't a contest of skill.

No perk challenges are always nonesense after a while. It doesn't matter skill past round 25 or so, it matters how much time you are willing to waste, and your blind luck.

Getting double-hit happens. On Kino especially, you're going to get smacked once or twice going around some of the (several) blind corners, and the Thundergun won't always save you.

Beyond that, it only takes an insane amount of time to complete a round. As the poster above me stated, you could use the teleporter literally every time you kill a spawn, but thats going to take an hour to finish a round. Without juggernog you can't run back through traps either.

No perk games are not fun. I can get behind "spawn room only" challenges, which are just super intense, but eliminating perks entirely while opening up the entire map isn't a contest of skill.

How can you say it takes no skill? If getting high with perks takes skill, then how does it not require skill to not use perks? Btw the "poster above you" has a name for a reason, and it isn't so you can call him the poster above you :lol: .

I didn't bother to scroll around, I apologize.

And I noted that it takes no skill beyond 25, getting to that point requires an immense amount of skill. Past that, it is luck and crushing patience.

Getting to 40+ with perks requires not just skill, but a large ability to retain focus for very long periods of time. But because of the mechanics of blind corners and double-hits ruining games based on basically luck alone, I can't put much merit on "no perk" games.

I've played no shortage of co-op games where I go down on high rounds, bleed out and come back with no perks (or cash to buy them back) and been forced to survive rounds 30+ without the luxury of perks. And I usually do, because I just act a bit more cautious. But I can never fault a player for getting double hit, and so I cannot place excessive praise on those who manage to avoid it through painfully cautious gameplay for extended periods of time.

To grab the Nixon quote: Avoiding death is not the same as living. Simply not going down is only half of zombies, to really play the game you have to be able to fight back at the same time. If you are doing a no-perks game (especially with no pap as well), the emphasis is, by necessity, entirely on the part of avoiding any contact past a certain point (which I cut off at 25) rather than killing zombies. This drags out the games, it takes too much luck, and it gets so painfully tedious that I really can't see the point of it.

The difference between super high rounds with perks and without perks is that with perks it removes the element of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda understand what you are saying. I want to retract something I said, if you know what you are doing you can remove most of the blind corner around the stage and reflexes will get you out of almost all trouble.

I just did from round 31 to 39, no perks on Kino in 55 minutes. I did not use the Thunder Gun once to save my life, only to kill 20+ zombies each shot. I don't believe that luck played a part :)

iBWTmLLv_QU

I kinda understand what you are saying. I want to retract something I said, if you know what you are doing you can remove most of the blind corner around the stage and reflexes will get you out of almost all trouble.

I just did from round 31 to 39, no perks on Kino in 55 minutes. I did not use the Thunder Gun once to save my life, only to kill 20+ zombies each shot. I don't believe that luck played a part :)

iBWTmLLv_QU

Bravo sir, well done... But I noticed that you used Quick Revive... O.o

Normally I would not consider that an actual perk, but I never used it in my run to 51...

I'm not trolling, not flaming, none of that, just being observant ;-)

I'm an upstart PC zombies slayer, and i'm getting used to keyboard/mouse controls, I'm terrible running solo, but when I play with a team on PC I usually do A LOT better

And no, I dont have any map packs, been deciding which One I should get due to the fact that I play more often on console than I do PC, which map pack do you recommend?

I could see myself doing well on Ascenscion, but then again Moon looks more fun on PC, i'll leave it up to you on which MP I should download... I'm really trying to be a multi-platform Zombies player! lol

Well, I don't actually play with a mouse/KB, I just got into PC gaming since it was cheaper to buy a graphics card to upgrade my PC than it was to buy a games console. I just use a wireless Xbox controller to play ;)

I'd definitely recommend the Rezurrection map pack, Moon is always fun, the classic maps are great and Moon also has the huge bonus that is No Man's Land :D

Ascension is also a fave of mine but Rezurrection provide much more value for your money and all of the maps in it are sweet.

Rezzurection it is! I'll be purchasing it later, when I get off work.

Be sure to add me when you get the chance, my Steam ID is: ninezerowill

Definetly want to give Nacht and Shi No Numa a go as well.

You'll have to explain to me how to use a wireless XB360 controller with PC, I have one I never sold for sentimental reasons, but, using IT instead of a keyboard/mouse would be awesome.

• 10 months later...

It's hard to form an opinion as to whether this is done with God Mode or not. I mean sure there's ome times where you'd think he should definately have been hit, but we all have those moments where you're like "Oh shit I'm goin' down" and you actually manage to squeeze through without taking a hit. Must be said though no hits taken throughout the whole video is maybe a bit much.

Another thing you guys are missing is that the link to that video is one of THREE.

So there, still stands to this day. I seriously doubt anyone will beat this.

Nobody wants to play without their precious Juggs.

-Whiskey

I just watched this whole video and he definitely had God mode on. The best players in the world could not get to 51 with no perks or PaP.

I DID set a legitimate record on Kino Der Toten.

And guess what? It's been verified. No "god" mode on. No "hacks".

I'm not going to let ANYONE tell me I did not earn my record. Superhands was a fake.

I AM NOT.

So you can take those words back now.

-Whiskey

Apparently they aren't best players if they can't do that.

Its not impossible, it just takes alot time seeing you will need to be very careful through whole match.

And of course it might not be possible on first try, or even 10th. But eventually, if you keep trying you will do it.

I got to definitely break this once I'll get my consol, some nice challenge 8-)

Apparently they aren't best players if they can't do that.

Its not impossible, it just takes alot time seeing you will need to be very careful through whole match.

And of course it might not be possible on first try, or even 10th. But eventually, if you keep trying you will do it.

I got to definitely break this once I'll get my consol, some nice challenge 8-)

My thoughts exactly. It's possible even though some individuals are too butt-hurt to accept it.

-Whiskey

Just curious, why are you replying to replies that are nearly a year old? I mean, didn't you see them before?

Also half the people who have commented have left.

With that said, I do think you did it legit. The reason the others might not have thought so was because at the time, huge, long strategies were just starting to be formed, so it might've seemed not possible without setting a basic strategy with perks first.

Just curious, why are you replying to replies that are nearly a year old? I mean, didn't you see them before?

Also half the people who have commented have left.

With that said, I do think you did it legit. The reason the others might not have thought so was because at the time, huge, long strategies were just starting to be formed, so it might've seemed not possible without setting a basic strategy with perks first.

Why thank you sir Rissole.

And I only replied because I can't stand it when people try to make me look foolish.

-Whiskey