Glitched for More Drops?

I was playing with randoms the other day and a guy said "Haha, you guys didn't see that. I just did a glitch and we're getting so many drops."

He wasn't doing the corner laydown (which no longer works, still don't know why randoms try it), but I notice we were getting drops about twice as often.

The only thing I saw was that he was messing around with George in the beginning as soon as he spawned while he was in the water.

Do you guys know anything about this? Is this guy a hacker? I don't like glitches but this is just interesting to me how he did this.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with you, Tom. However, I know that drops are based on points, a collective 2000, which multiplies at a rate of 1.14 per round.

Whatever this guy did seemed to eliminate the multiplier.

AH. That could be it. I will try it, see if it works, and leave if I see randoms doing it. I prefer to be righteous and not use glitches. Even though the whole concept of rape training is essentially glitching...

Well exploiting game mechanics is a better term. Gotta love it though.

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure about the glitching side of it, but i've had a few times wherei've had crazy amounts of drops in a few matches in a row, not just slightly more but LOADS more pickups, i thought it could be something to do with the host of the match we had for the first three games, but we had the same thing with a different host, then it carried on for a bit in kino as well... i know it doesn't answer any questions, but just thought it was worth mentioning

• 3 weeks later...

Even though the whole concept of rape training is essentially glitching...

Please explain this as I do not understand.

You run from something mindless and it mindlessly follows you in a circle and you kill it. How should the zombies react to running in circles? It is the nature of the enemy to do this and only makes sense as one of the best ways to fight them. IMO. Please explain the counter point. I understand someone being upset that a player uses a glitch and alters the dynamic of the game based on no need for teamwork on their part -- but trains? I don't get it. Aren't zombies supposed to be stupid and mindlessly chase their food?

Even though the whole concept of rape training is essentially glitching...

Please explain this as I do not understand.

You run from something mindless and it mindlessly follows you in a circle and you kill it. How should the zombies react to running in circles? It is the nature of the enemy to do this and only makes sense as one of the best ways to fight them. IMO. Please explain the counter point. I understand someone being upset that a player uses a glitch and alters the dynamic of the game based on no need for teamwork on their part -- but trains? I don't get it. Aren't zombies supposed to be stupid and mindlessly chase their food?

I agree. Rounding up the herd is NOT a glitch. [brains]

I had a nuke from the first zombie in the whole game. Yes, in COTD.

How does that explain the 2000 points? And no it wasn't electrified.

Just random mate. I've played well over a hundred games solo on the start of cotd, and encounter an early drop maybe 5% of the time.

• 2 months later...

Well for all of you that consider the "more drops glitches/exploits/whatever" do this :

-Go to Der Riese. (WaW or BO)

-When you spawn, go to the trench-gun side of the spawn

-There should be 3 grates, go to the last one starting from left

-Crouch and look for a note with Illuminati symbols

-Put your crosshair,on it and press X/[]/F, you should hear your character groan

-Play as you would, repeat every beginning of round

-Tell me you're not getting more drops and you're a liar