There MAY be more to Kino der Toten! READ

Hydrorez

Kino der Toten has been out for months and months, and has been played to death. People have spent hours trying to find new things in this map. Recently, some guy found something new. Something never before found, but we'll get onto that soon. So, here's a list of all current "easter eggs".

7 POWER BOXES

The 7 power boxes scattered around the map have had several videos on Youtube made about them but they don't seem to do anything.

If you are unaware, you can find them in the following positions:

- 1 near Quick Revive

- 1 near the Fire Pit

- 1 at the end of the Alley

- 2 near the stage in Kino, by the windows

- 2 in the dressing room, outside a barrier

3 FILM REELS

Do I need to explain? If you are on this forum, you should know about the film reels!

2 RADIOS

One being in the big chandelier in the theatre and one being outside the map near the Alley, these radios are just small and don't have anything too important, just zombie testing results.

KNOCKING & SCREAMING

In the MP40/Speed Cola room, stand by the blue window at the bottom of the stairs. Eventually, you will hear a man screaming fairly loudly.

In the Dressing Room/MP5K room, stand by the window near the MP5K. You will hear constant knocking coming from the crates outside the barrier.

WINDOW IMAGE

Outside in the Alley, next to the box spawn, is a window. Inside this window, you can see an image of a cinema room with a massive door which has a hole in it.

Check out the image: http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n59 ... /photo.jpg

ROCKET

When you finish Pack-A-Punching, sometimes your teleported to a conference room in "Five". Inside this room, on the table, is a Rocket. By holding X/Square/whatever, it will lift off. Doesn't do anything, or atleast, we don't think it does.

So that's for all the old eggs, what about the new one....?

THE NEW EASTER EGG

About 2 weeks ago, some guy discovered this. WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVup0lrZuA

Who knows what this could be? It's been undiscovered for about 9 months. Could this lead to more bonus and hidden things on this map? Who knows.

All I'm saying is there may be something else in this map that we haven't found. Might not be big, and you can't immediately say to me the map has been out for so long everything has been found. This was only found 2 weeks ago.

I leave you with that thought.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup dude,

Um, well thought out post, well constructed, great information and content, well presented. Good job.

Good effort.

But....

The window with the hole in it is a cool find but unfortunately it is not a new one.

As for there being more to this map. There isn't.

And it does pain me to say that.

A word of warning to you though. When five and kino were the only maps around, these issues were explored mercilessly, like, an Easter Egg on Kino der Toten is kinda like the Bataan Death March of a video gamee issue. Apauling. Horrible. Not right. Lies. beat to death, etc.

you werent around then so there is no way you could know how beat to death this issue is, lol, but im just warning you, people are bitter and angry over there not being more to Kino Der Toten. And when ppl bring that up, they usually get attacked.

There are so many signs that point to there being more to this map....but there isn't...its just a good solid fun map with no easter egg. No ladder, no Giant Silverback, people have taken apart all the lines of the game code.

If people weren't so busy with moon, i feel like ppl would have attacked you with clubs and wooden sticks and pitchforks, like the townspeople that go to some castle to kill frankenstieins monster.

But go ahead and poke around in some of the older threads, see for yourself, and don't feel bad if some jerk gets mad at you for bringing this issue up. its not you they are really mad at, its 3arc, for not putting more "cool secret hidden" features and making everyone think they did by leaving all these signs all over the map, making ppl waste countless hours of their lives searching for more hidden easter eggs....whats that you say?? mad? im not mad? who said anything about mad? why would i be mad? just because i spent mad hours searching every inch of that map looking for something...anything...but no, i mean, im not like, mad.

woosah...............woosah............woo-motherfucking-sah.

{picks up torch and pickfork}

Get em'!!!!!!!!

lol, obviously im joking. I forgot to say not to be fooled by my low post count and "joined date". Been reading this site for a long time and been playing zombies all the waaaay back since waw when you had to beat the game just to even unlock the zombie map, which half of the people overlooked anyway.

But still good job on your post, there are a lot of people who will feel your pain, but perhaps you shouldn't so definitively say there IS more to kino tho...that is literally like lighting the fuse to a stick of dynamite and then not getting rid of the dynamite, bc you get the golum ppl who come out of the shadows to defend there being more to kino der toten and it starts these arguements....then they sink back away.....precioussssss....

I'm 100% ready to take anything trolls have. BRING IT!

In any case, did you see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVup0lrZuA

I don't think it's been discovered before and could mean something... Although, I guess the PC guys would have found anything out.

Oh and, I know what people were like before any map packs were out. People spent hundreds of hours seeing if there was anything else to the map, yea, I just wasn't on this forum back then.

But, it does not make ANY sense, why they would put 7 random power boxes that open up and spark? Hmm. Maybe I'm just being naive

"I'm 100% ready to take anything trolls have. BRING IT!"

Lol, its not just trolls that get mad when people bring up easter eggs on kino.

"But, it does not make ANY sense, why they would put 7 random power boxes that open up and spark? Hmm. Maybe I'm just being naive"

On COTD, there is a cube like prison like 200 yards off one of the ship, just floating in space, was analyzed, nobody can figure out what it does...that doesnt make sense either. There are also literally 600 of those power boxes scattered throughout the campaign levels, there are also those same power boxes on the zombie map FIVE, and they do nothing on that map also.

You aren't being naive, its just that the disbelief that 3arc could be so lame and not put an easter egg on an awesome awesome zombie map like kino...it may take another year for the disbelief to go away....its not your fault.

In any case, did you see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVup0lrZuA

This is awesome though. You should either contact alphasnake with it, and ask him to bring it to everyones attention, or make a new post with a new title....but not saying there IS DEF MORE TO KINO....i would avoid that as my initial headline no matter what....but if it was something like, Sept 3, Kino, interesting new find, please analyze...or idonno...just dont reference an easter egg on kino...ppl will not take it serious. the only reason i even clicked this thread was to laugh at you in silence. But then i read your post, saw you were intelligent and put in some nice effort and had accurate info, and seemed cool, so i decided to respond. but i only clicked here for a laugh...i am shocked you actually found some new stuff! Great job!! ppl are just so done with hearing about an egg on kino, most ppl prolly wont even click this thread and thus overlook that video.......

I'm glad you didn't end up laughing at me in silence, haha.

In any case, it may not be an egg, it may just be some sort of bonus 3arc put in there. I will try and bring the video to alphasnake's attention and maybe we can build off it.

Thanks for the input, your a nice guy! :D

i have really wanted there to be something more to kino and deep down i know there probably is but once the accention EE was discovered evryone forgot about kino left to drift endlessly in the nazi zombie universe forgoten about like 3arcs bastered son but ive been snooping around kino and have seen bloody hand prints pointing toward the open fuse boxes and i think there is a # or a letter in the hand print could be somthing {size=50]or nothing at all

Perhaps if there is an easter egg, it might explain how they got from Kino to Ascension? I don't think it there is an explanation for that.

they believe the three meteor frags overloaded the teleporters taking them to accension

still no explination to how they got to the landers

mabey a tele in the rocket and the lander was outside the cockpit

That has always been something that kinda bothered me too. I always wished that Treyarch put more into their maps when it comes to secrets and things. Like in Moon, how sweet would it be if there was an EE where you could get the Thunder Gun?

Or in Call of the Dead when there were rumors of an underground tunnel. Treyarch even posted an article on their Black ops web site that quoted something like "and what's that noise coming from below. Rumors of an underground tunnel are heard but are unconfirmed as of yet" or some shit like that.

If you ask them something like "is there more secrets?" they'll say "you tell me." If there was more to it, it would be cool to say that. But if there isn't anything left to find, it's only right to say something like "Wow you guys are pretty good, you've found everything."

That way we'd just play the game at face value instead of spending countless hours looking for something that's not there.

***PARADOLIA*** seeing something that isn't there...(or is it?)

Maybe Treyarch ARE telling us that there is no more? Or are they? (isn't that annoying?)

They fuck with us. Like we're some experiment. It's actually kind of funny.

That has always been something that kinda bothered me too. I always wished that Treyarch put more into their maps when it comes to secrets and things. Like in Moon, how sweet would it be if there was an EE where you could get the Thunder Gun?

Or in Call of the Dead when there were rumors of an underground tunnel. Treyarch even posted an article on their Black ops web site that quoted something like "and what's that noise coming from below. Rumors of an underground tunnel are heard but are unconfirmed as of yet" or some shit like that.

If you ask them something like "is there more secrets?" they'll say "you tell me." If there was more to it, it would be cool to say that. But if there isn't anything left to find, it's only right to say something like "Wow you guys are pretty good, you've found everything."

That way we'd just play the game at face value instead of spending countless hours looking for something that's not there.

***PARADOLIA*** seeing something that isn't there...(or is it?)

Maybe Treyarch ARE telling us that there is no more? Or are they? (isn't that annoying?)

They fuck with us. Like we're some experiment. It's actually kind of funny.

im gonna be direct so no flaming.

first off the video of the monkey. could it be like the furnace in der riese which does nothing? or is this how u start the long easter egg? secondly if u were treyarch would u tell ppl that they found it all? or would that effect map pack prices? thats the only thing i can think of that would keep them from saying something. and it pisses me off.

Alright guys. New find, maybe to do with this.

I was playing zombies on Kino with a friend yesterday. He went down and I threw a monkey to save him. I threw it just under and slightly left of the massive hole in the roof where zombies jump down in the portrait room. As I revived my friend, I heard the monkey saying:

"MONKEY, MONKEY, MONKEY!" before blowing up. Just something I noticed.