The qed sucks sometimes.

selectyeti89

It can make more zombies spawn, I know this doent seem like a big deal to have two or three extra spawns of zombies but when your going for number 1 on the leaderboards it is. I was in the mid 50s and we thought we should throw a qed and see what we get, It gave us like 4 or 5 more spawns of zombies. I will probably not be using qeds anymore past round 40.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only put in the QED to give you an easy way to kill the astronaut (when it does that thundergun thing, it will die every time). But you can deal with the astronauts pretty easily without killing them.

But yeah, gersches are far better. Especially in later rounds. I always throw one in the spawn after disabling the excavator(s) to at least give you a pretty big head start and jump through it to at least give you a head start when running back. Normally it will spit you back out by Mule Kick or Biodome, which is really AWESOME.

But yeah, really the only reasons I can see a seasoned player having the QEDs if it's early and they're looking for an easy way to get a good gun and some points or they believe in killing the astronaut as soon as possible.

I just had this happen to me as well. I was at the end of the round, with one crawler left. I threw out my QED, and all the sudden it's like the beginning of the round again. Waves of zombies spawning in.

I thought it was only like 10 zombies appear. Can you make a video of more zombies spawning in?

Ugh I know what you mean. Yesterday I did the easter egg with my 1 other friend and cosmonaut took his Jug so he kept dying and for the last step where you throw the QEDs at the artifact. And I was out so I needed to get Gersches, then QEDs again since I was out, Then I got Gersches and the zero gravity pulled it to far and one of them was a few feet from it so it didn;t suck it in :x Then I ahd to get QEDs to trade and Gersches back and finally completed it.

And during this every time a threw a QED ( 3 times) instead of giving a gun or turret or anything good, it spawned like 100 more zombies :evil:

I just had this happen to me as well. I was at the end of the round, with one crawler left. I threw out my QED, and all the sudden it's like the beginning of the round again. Waves of zombies spawning in.

I thought it was only like 10 zombies appear. Can you make a video of more zombies spawning in?

Sure, I was actually recording when it happened. This video is from the beginning of the round through the QED's effect. I throw the QED around 2:36

Xpk-vHLtYTw

Thanks but why didn't you hack the power ups - does it takes along time to do it?

Off Topic, but...

Hacking a powerup for a max ammo cost 5000 points. And it's not really safe to do unless you have a gersch device to throw out beforehand. My objective at this this stage was to point whore my way to getting wonder weapons out of the mystery box. The box was very unkind to me that game.

My sister-in-law and I found that out the hard about QEDs. We originally started off with 3 people. down in Louisiana they ended up with a Tropical Storm blow through and he lost his power. My sister-in-law and I live in Canada. So we stayed on. She got QEDs and so did I. We were almost done the Cyrogenic Slumber Party of the egg. She decides to throw a QED inside the Biodome. She got a weird flash and all-of-a-sudden it felt like anther round. We made more crawlers. She was ammoless in a gun she was trying to get a gun she told me. We both met up at Mule Kick to finish the egg. It was still the same round. I throw my QED. It spawned more zombies :shock: . Remember 3 people started playing and it was 2 of us playing. Luckly we survived long enough to complete egg.

We never did get a gun from the QED. Just more zombies everytime. We have now made an oath to never get those grenades unless they're needed (they are for the Big Bang Theory-D'Oh!)

• Administrators

I tried to work around the flaws of QEDs in the transition of rounds...but it disappears.

I throw it when there's a swarm, and I usually get something nice versus if there are only a few crawlers laying around. Maybe the percentage of what you'll get increases/decreases varying on how many zombies are left during a round?

It can do all the following:

The explosion similar to a Scavenger shot.

An explosion identical to that of the Astronaut Zombie (most common).

An explosion similar to Matryoshka Dolls, blowing up rapidly within a certain radius many times.

A China Lake-turret which fires in a circle.

An M72 LAW-turret which fires in a circle.

A Ray Gun-turret which fires in a circle. (May be Pack-a-Punched)

A full-auto SPAS-12-turret which fires in a circle.

A Python-turret which fires in a circle. (May be Pack-a-Punched)

A full-auto CZ75-turret which fires in a circle. (May be Dual-Wield) (May be Pack-a-Punched) (Very rare)

Teleports the user and/or their teammates to another spot on the map.

Revives a teammate.

Giving the player the "Bonus Points" power-up, giving all players a set amount of points, which can be taken by a Zombie.

Turns Astronaut Zombies to the players' side. They receive a random weapon and will begin killing zombies, though they simply charge towards the zombies.

Giving everyone in the area a Pack-A-Punched version of their current weapon.

May produce a black hole like the Gersch Device.

Opens a door if thown near one.

Lightning similar to a Zap Gun Dual Wield shot.

Creates an effect similar to the nuke, causing nearby zombie's heads to explode and bodies to burn.

Giving the player any random weapon available on Moon (includes QEDs or Gersch Devices) or in lieu of their current weapon. It may be Pack-A-Punched. Comes in the form of a power-up.

Spawns more Zombies.

Spawns an ordinary Frag grenade.

Spawns a semtex grenade

Drops a red perk bottle power up. If this is picked up by a player or a zombie, all players lose a random perk.

May produce a red Max Ammo. When picked-up by a player or a zombie, all players lose all their ammo.

May down all players within a certain radius.

May convert other QED's into Gersch Devices.

Turns all nearby zombies into runners.

Can give the player a non Pack-a-Punched version of their currently Pack-a-Punched weapon. (Providing the player(s) have a Pack-a-Punched gun)

Spawns a red Fire Sale which spawns the Mystery Box far from your location and cost 1900 points. (Very rare)

From Call of Duty Wiki