Things to look for in Der Riese... [UPDATED]

strange-bow7

Alright just had a good Der Riese sesh of searching. Got pics and all, so here they are. Not best quality, but it'll do.

I'm not sure it it's new at all (but it is to me! :P), but while looking for missed papers on the ground, I went prone by the window with the Fly Trap and you can peek through the sandbags and see an open 935 manual.

This one?

It is the Field Manual, found all over Der Riese. It is can also be found in the air vent by Double Tap. There's actually a radio of it in when you knife the air vent on iOS. Here's the radio and message it says.

"Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifest get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind."

-lf86fSAHRI

Now onto the paw prints, I found 3, as well all know where they are.

1 by Teleporter Z-C

And the 2 in the clock tower.

Now, if they indeed weren't there in WaW, why would they add them there? And as demesphor said before, they took out a paw print in the Thompson, so why would they remove it. What sense would it make some cosmetic changes? If anything, they need to fix the wall in the Thompson room Speed Cola is on. The green lighting from it shines through the wall. Also anyone notice the room by the courtyard and opposite the furnace gained the vivid blue lighting?

As I explained before, the bear with the Bowie Knife is glitched. The bear can only be seen through a Sniper Rifle, not normally, but it is still there, just invisible. If you have a look at it, it looks like there is a faint, invisible wall that Treyarch put over it. May be hard to see in the photo, but once you see it yourself, you'll understand. Also don't forget, you lock an avatar or something (dunno how it works on 360) of Samantha and the bear holding the Bowie Knife, once you complete Richtofen's Grand Scheme. Now why would Treyarch include something back from Der Riese, that is glitchy I might add? Somethings not right here.

Now you see it.

Now you don't (Fly Trap was active and I hadn't hit any of them.).

Oh! I also found JD on the wall. I'm not sure if it was in WaW, but anyone care to check? Obvious what it means, JD_2020.

The Moon, with its 5 or so red dots.

Now here are the maps of Der Riese by Teleporters B

And C.

Notice the gray square on B? Up by Jug area?

I've always had a feeling a secret was in this area, but what? Don't forget the stairs are left on in the maps.

The red sign someone pointed out?

It says "Unattended children will be immediately sold to the circus."

It's seen in Verruckt as well.

Now, on the wall next to the hanging man, I found some writing in another language that I don't understand, so I'll need someone to translate it, but I believe it is Illuminati like, because the symbols seem similar to those found on the letter in the grate by the mainframe, telling Richtofen to kill Maxis.

The hanging man

The 1st letter

The 1st and 2nd letters

The 3rd letter

The 3rd and 4th letters

Now I'm not sure if there were any other letters. That's all I could see. But the first letter looking like a H and the last one looking like a P, looks like it might be HELP, but I can't be too sure so I'd like some to translate it.

Last but not least

Teddy is a liar. And Teddy is the biggest liar.

I think I'm done with searching Der Riese for now. I'm gonna focus on Shi No Numa, but I'll stay active in this thread and post my Der Riese stuff and all. Just searching every bit of a map and not getting results can be off putting haha.

Anyway, hope this helped :D

Great post m8, nice research.

Brains for you [brains]

Is the same stuff on black ops that are on the W@W version?

like on this vid:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I never saw that book!! And to think of how many hours I've spent playing on der riese...

Anyway, there's one pair of paw prints you're missing. I'll take a picture on my iPhone when I get home of them. Near Teleporter B, if you go Prone looking behind the tube opposite of the one with the radio, there will be pawprints on the wall there. I think it's where zombies spawn for the Thompson-room window, but I'm not sure...

The paw prints in Teleporter rooms C and B were in the W@W version. So were paw prints near the furnace in Thompson room. The Thompson room paw prints are gone, and now we have paw prints in the tower, right near where the light was in the trailer and Theme that shined upon the clock. Hmmm... Coincidence? I think not...

Also, that metal slab in the map on Teleporter B goes through the map, but is connected to the wall. The shape of it almost reminds me of the Ascension buttons...

I can't post pictures, but there's some more illuminati writing on the wall if you look in the window/barricade just left of the PaP/mainframe, right next to where the zombies spawn in the emitted hallway. (Sorry if that's a bad explaination) I never noticed it until I specifically started to look for hidden writing.

A lot of this stuff just seems too suspicious to just be a coincidence. I really think they added something in...

I really think so as well. Unfortunately I don't have World at War anymore, but I really want to check out both versions of Der Riese. The map can't be the only thing that has changed. If we can compare the two, than we can get somewhere.

And weren't there any dog prints in the tower? I was always suspicious of that tower, but I never really looked until before when I posted about it. Perhaps there is a radio that was put there, that we have to hit with a grenade or China Lake/LAW?

I think we can all say confidently, without a doubt, that we have more to discover in Der Riese.

I couldn't agree with you guys more, everything we are uncovering here does have a certain air of suspicion. I agree that we should be comparing the two different versions of the map, and I'd love to help with that but my W@W disk isn't in the best of shape so I'm not 100% sure that it's playable anymore :( !

No-clipping and searching code, as far as I'm concerned, is cheating! Now I'm not a Nazi against it all because I can understand why people do it and all that but I just think that if Treyarch has put new stuff here, which I'm sure they have, then they would never have wanted us to find it by scouring through lines of code, where is the satisfaction in that? If we play it right (pun intended) we could be the first guys who discover what secrets there are to be found in Der Riese...

So i think i found it. Under some floor boards near the spawn question mark is a piece of paper that u CAN read. It talks about isotopes are the element known as carbon. Idk if thats the ? Or not but i take back my red paper reply i had. This has to be the question mark its directly below and its read able. Also the paw prints, they tookthe paw print out in the thompson room, the one that was by the boiler thing. I really wanna know why their are paw prints. We shotm with lg96 and the wunderwaffe...nothing :( idk why they added those. Also when activating the fly trap i noticed a black shadow flies down to the fly trap as it spins the items. Not sure if it was just me or what but thats what i saw.

If this is the piece of paper I think it is then I think it has already been found, however I don't want to take anything away from you so well done for finding it out by yourself. This could very well be what the question mark indicates but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I think the best thing to do, as a team, is to go back over the W@W map and snoop around the question marks that have been taken out of the Black Ops version. If we find them all (except the ones that remain on the BO version of the map) we may uncover a pattern and better prepare ourselves for what we are meant to be looking for. After all, the other '?' were removed from the BO version for a reason. Like I said though I don't want to jump to conclusions and that can work both ways, so as for now the readable-paper you are referring to may be what the question mark indicates - it may not. Personally though my bet is, now this may not apply to the '?' near spawn but definitely Maxis' office, is that the question mark indicates something on a higher level. It just seems too odd that they would place a '?' in a completely empty room that has 2 or 3 exposed floors above and a roof with some satellite looking things on (please, if somebody knows what those metal 'things' are on Dr. Maxis roof then let me know). As for the paw prints, these are something completely different.

My first reaction was that Treyarch added these in purely for effect, but then I'm hearing about them being hidden in towers and then being removed from certain areas and it makes me think otherwise. There is a huge amount of Teddy Bear references in this map and I honestly can't see the significance of them. They may point out vital areas, you say there was one on the furnace? Well the furnace is very interactive, featuring in the fly trap and you throw a monkey in there to hear some cool dialogue, but I don't see how the other places that have these are as interactive so that kind of proves me wrong! Unless they are and we don't about them yet? I should maybe add the location of these prints to my OP seeing as though they are becoming quite popular, in the meantime though keep your eyes peeled for more of these. I suspect there are more to be found elsewhere.

I'm interested about this shadow though. I can't say what it is, as i have never seen this before, but I'd guess it is the shadow from the power-ups? I suppose I will need to see it before I start making assumptions. Maybe take a video of this or something? That way it can be analyzed a little easier. All that being said, well done for working hard to keep these replies coming, I'm very grateful for the help and work you have put in, not just you guys but everybody involved on this topic. It's always good to see people eager to check these things out, keep up the good work!

just for some clarification i am not talking about the monkey furnace i mean the 2 boilers near the teleporter. if u look by 2boiler 2 (without the man in it) there was once a paw print there in W@W and is not there now. unless im not seeing it since the boilers are still on its really hard to see with all the orange fumes. and the shadow is right after you start the flytrap as the items swirl around it came down. me and my friend andrew were watching it and i was at an angle to see it even though he wasnt. it was very strange...

I can't post pictures, but there's some more illuminati writing on the wall if you look in the window/barricade just left of the PaP/mainframe, right next to where the zombies spawn in the emitted hallway. (Sorry if that's a bad explaination) I never noticed it until I specifically started to look for hidden writing.

"Embrace the trinity and power will be yours."

It basically means activate the 3 teleporters, and the Pack-A-Punch machine will be yours.

Okay... I found something that has been mentioned a few times, but i think there's a pattern to it.

Some of these were in W@W, but it never seemed to be connected, always random.

Okay, just so we all know the activatable objects, there are:

Three posterboards with pictures/schematics. One in Animal testing labs, one in C, and one in the side room of B.

Two books: One pictured above hidden between sandbags, and one by the first pawprint and Maxis nametag.

Two hidden notes: Illuminati message in the beginning in that small gutter, and the one in that small room by B that is hidden in the cieling (Coincidentally right where a ? is)

All 7 of these make a grunting noise when you activate them. I thought it was like W@W where it was random, but it was not. When going Window Book, Maxis Book, Teleporter C Poster, Animal labs Poster, Teleporter B poster Richtofen seemed to get more intrigued. It went from a confused grunt, to an understanding grunt, to a sigh, to a Hmmm..., to a yes... yes...

But when I activated the illuminati note he growled angrily. I wonder if there's a specific combination to these...

Okay... I found something that has been mentioned a few times, but i think there's a pattern to it.

Three posterboards with pictures/schematics. One in Animal testing labs, one in C, and one in the side room of B.

Two books: One pictured above hidden between sandbags, and one by the first pawprint and Maxis nametag.

Two hidden notes: Illuminati message in the beginning in that small gutter, and the one in that small room by B that is hidden in the cieling (Coincidentally right where a ? is)

All 7 of these make a grunting noise when you activate them. I thought it was like W@W where it was random, but it was not. When going Window Book, Maxis Book, Teleporter C Poster, Animal labs Poster, Teleporter B poster Richtofen seemed to get more intrigued. It went from a confused grunt, to an understanding grunt, to a sigh, to a Hmmm..., to a yes... yes...

But when I activated the illuminati note he growled angrily. I wonder if there's a specific combination to these...

Hmmm yes...yes...i think u maybe onto something. Question is what is the correct order [brains] to u sir! That is a break through! Theres more after that though. This seems like the most labrynth EE in zombies. Good find!

Hmmm yes...yes...i think u maybe onto something. Question is what is the correct order [brains] to u sir! That is a break through! Theres more after that though. This seems like the most labrynth EE in zombies. Good find!

Great work Korima. You actually might be on to something here - Brains for you buddy. Now, before we all get too caught up in the excitement of the fact you could have found something, we need to take some things into account. First of all, in my opinion, anything that makes a grunting noise I would guess is being done in the wrong order, I think this because when you try to buy a weapon/box without the correct amount of points the same noise is heard. It's just a guess but maybe when you hit the right one in the right order it gives different audio confirmation? Secondly, I am yet to try any of this myself (when I do I will post my finds straight away, should be later on today hopefully!) but are we all 100% sure that these 7 things are the only interactive objects of this nature on the map? If so then we can compile them into a list and make it a bit easier to work out what should be done when, if not then we should all blaze through the map mashing 'X'/'square' on anything that looks remotely interactive - if we have missed something the whole 'doing them in order' thing will be irrelevant! Finally, if all this does amount to what we think it will then there HAS to be clues lying around the facility that will point out the correct order, or at least point us in the right direction. These 'clues' could be anywhere and in any shape or form however, if I was to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd say that maybe the blood smeres around the map may be leading the way? Doubtful I know as I don't even remember where the blood splatters are on this map or if they indicate any directions for that matter, but this was just an example as the clues could be as cryptic as anything or "right in our faces"...

"Embrace the trinity and power will be yours."

It basically means activate the 3 teleporters, and the Pack-A-Punch machine will be yours.

That's not what I meant... I mean actually look IN that window. Right where the zombies spawn and that hallway comes to a turn, there's illuminati writing on that wall.

Sorry about the double post, but I completely missed this.

There's actually three books. There's another open manual hidden in the furnace across the bridge, next to double tap that also makes that same sound when you activate it. And I haven't tried doing anything around any other illuminati writing. ;)

I'm also just stuck at college all week with WaW in my dorm. I've been searching for new stuff like crazy, but if there's things you guys would like me to verify between the Blops and WaW version, post it and I'll give it look next time I play the WaW Der Riese. :)

There's actually three books. There's another open manual hidden in the furnace across the bridge, next to double tap that also makes that same sound when you activate it. And I haven't tried doing anything around any other illuminati writing. ;)

I'm also just stuck at college all week with WaW in my dorm. I've been searching for new stuff like crazy, but if there's things you guys would like me to verify between the Blops and WaW version, post it and I'll give it look next time I play the WaW Der Riese. :)

Haha! You posted this just as I updated my OP saying there was only 2 books! Oh well, I always suspected there would be more things to activate and I'm sure a whole bunch of new things will crop up soon! Anyway, well done for scouting this out, I'll have to take a look. Well, I'm just about to jump onto some Der Riese now actually so I'll be back with some more findings hopefully and yeah, if you could cross reference some stuff with us from W@W that would be awesome!

search the "?" on the map and search the gray square area that is in the Der riese BO version. has anyone noticed that ppl who say BO are saying black ops? there also saying body odor haha

Just wanted to say good work to all the people involved in this topic...like most of you, i hope/think there is something extra hidden in Der Riese. I took a good look around the map today and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, other than all the stuff that has already been mentioned. I still think there's something creepy about the "2nd staircase" near jugg, but couldn't find anything myself. :(

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for everybody's hard work and be sure to update us if/when you find something exciting!

I came across a thread created by rutu77 that we will all be interested in.

I played online yesterday, when there was no servers, I played solo.

When I was playing solo, I noticed that loading screens are different:

Solo:

MP:

as you can see: in MP the wunderwaffe round is off (in single, on).

also, in MP, in left down corner, there is logo of "Group 601", and the logo is much smaller than "Group 935s logo.

Also, the map is different, in middle of map, "Courtyard" is bigger in MP, in SP there is one Wall in middle of "courtyard".

So, does this mean, that there was another group before 935, 601. after 601 was ended there was some building before 935. was 601 eliminated. or did 601 fail the project? what u guys think?

As you can see, there are already some notable differences.

- Light is off

- 601 replaces 935, logo is smaller

- Bridge is down in Courtyard, and some walls are missing.

- ? next to Hangar/Garage is in the middle, not bottom right.

The 601 map is the Multiplayer version, while the other one (and one I put up before comparing to BO) was Solo. Other than that, everything looks about the same.

Perhaps that's what they were going to be called originally, and 3arc scrapped it. They may have made the loading screen, but changed some details at the last second. But it doesn't make sense, to keep it as a Multiplayer map, where everyone will see it more than the Solo version. It seems almost intentional, but it doesn't at the same time. I wouldn't think 3arc would make a mistake like this.

Funny, the mistakes they make seem to be with Der Riese.

1st it was the 601 map (it technically was found before Der Reise spelling mistake)

2nd is the spelling on the Rezurrection poster, spelt Reise instead of Riese.

What next!?

Right the thing that gets me about both loading screens is the question marks, what are they and why is there 5 of them, i was thinking they could be perks, yes afew of them are by the perks ie Jug, QR but the other 3 are by the Double Barrel, Carbine and the back of the sten,

Strange.

What I'm wondering is why 3 of them were removed in Black Ops.

Also congratulations for this thread getting over 1000 views! Well done everyone. I'm going camping for a couple of days tomorrow, so when I get back, I expect some new findings! :P

IPerhaps that's what they were going to be called originally, and 3arc scrapped it. They may have made the loading screen, but changed some details at the last second. But it doesn't make sense, to keep it as a Multiplayer map, where everyone will see it more than the Solo version. It seems almost intentional, but it doesn't at the same time. I wouldn't think 3arc would make a mistake like this.

That actually would have been a good question to ask at the CoD expo, whether it's a mistake, or significant. Or in the very least, if it means anything. (But knowing Jimmy, he would have just mind fucked us into going back into hardcore searching. :lol:)

Anyways, I don't think it's entirely a mistake. The "601" is definitely a little weird, but the Waffle round makes me wunder. (lol get it? xD)

Edit: This picture was in that same thread with the loading screens. Apparently, it can be located in the Terminal for Blops. ;)

HEY guys remember how the ascension egg insanity started?

this is how!

Ah, but that's the thing: we had the codifirmed there was no Continuation. People just freaked out over scrapped and were left in, effectively doing nothing; or people who didn't know how to read coding misunderstanding a line or two and freaking out. We have yet to see the Der Riese coding. PC people haven't gotten this map AT ALL yet, which makes me more suspicious...

HEY guys remember how the ascension egg insanity started?

this is how!

Ah, but that's the thing: we had the codifirmed there was no Continuation. People just freaked out over scrapped and were left in, effectively doing nothing; or people who didn't know how to read coding misunderstanding a line or two and freaking out. We have yet to see the Der Riese coding. PC people haven't gotten this map AT ALL yet, which makes me more suspicious...

im a little scared as to what theyll find. pretty sad we have to wait for them though. i cant wait till it kicks off. noclipping and the de-coding. itll be wunderful. (haha stole it from the other guy)

THIEF! :lol:

Do we have the coding for all of the other maps? Or just the Blops maps? Could still be stuff missing from SNN or possibly Verruckt as well.

I don't think we have codings for any of the BlOps Classic maps. I remember the rush of dissecting other maps in World at War after find Fly Trap, so I highly doubt there's anything more to find in those maps. And, in all honesty, I can't see them including any uber easter eggs in the other Classic maps. I don't see how they could pull it off without any of us noticing anything yet. I'm just thinking there's a few small hidden things that might still be floating around. Such as our hint at Ascension's PhD Flopper as the exploding Hand-print.

By the way, a Friend of mine Jfta01 or something like that one here (He just lurks now). translated the text on Group 601 poster:

STAGE TWO

Strength Through Order

Stage two? Didn't Richtofen mention "Ahahaha! It worked! Now onto stage 12..."?

Just trying to make connections here...

THIEF! :lol:

Do we have the coding for all of the other maps? Or just the Blops maps? Could still be stuff missing from SNN or possibly Verruckt as well.

I don't think we have codings for any of the BlOps Classic maps. I remember the rush of dissecting other maps in World at War after find Fly Trap, so I highly doubt there's anything more to find in those maps. And, in all honesty, I can't see them including any uber easter eggs in the other Classic maps. I don't see how they could pull it off without any of us noticing anything yet. I'm just thinking there's a few small hidden things that might still be floating around. Such as our hint at Ascension's PhD Flopper as the exploding Hand-print.

By the way, a Friend of mine Jfta01 or something like that one here (He just lurks now). translated the text on Group 601 poster:

STAGE TWO

Strength Through Order

Stage two? Didn't Richtofen mention "Ahahaha! It worked! Now onto stage 12..."?

Just trying to make connections here...

Bahahahahaha nice find friend. Yes he did say that. Funny stage 2 being in der riese. Where it all started