Is Der Riese meant to be played Co-op

DEFCON 1

I Seen on a few comments people say you have to use team work and thinks like that, I cant find a good spot to rape train, I do it at the electricity but I end up getting cornered because of the barrels. I really like this map because of the FG42, I'd take it over a raygun anyday. I've only made it to round 21 and that's not very high for me. Does anyone have a good strategy for this map in solo?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

der riese isnt too easy of a map to play solo, but its been done before. you just have to run a big circle around the map. you can start at the spawn, wait around a little bit, then run in the direction of juggernog, past the trench gun, up the stairs, over the bridge, turn right past double tap, go down the stairs, run to the double barrel, turn right, turn right, run to teleporter c, and whenever you can, turn around and shoot. i remember doing this when i played solo. hope that helps :D

I never play it solo anymore, but here's what I used to do:

Teleport from the Bowie Knife station.

Then, go to your left (where the brain jar room is).

Up the stairs, drop off the area just before the bridge, to take the corner where the FG42 is. Take a left into the Double Barrel room. Go up the stairs and take the left to see Double Tap.

Drop there, then teleport from the Bowie Knife station again.

Lather, rinse, repeat; and when you feel like there's enough zombies for the train, stop when you hit the brain jars, turn around, wait for them to show up, and Rape away. But always be aware of your back though.

I got to 28 I think, then I killed myself cause i got bored (and now I don't play solo anymore)

Hope this helped.

-Fu

EDIT:

der riese isnt too easy of a map to play solo, but its been done before. you just have to run a big circle around the map. you can start at the spawn, wait around a little bit, then run in the direction of juggernog, past the trench gun, up the stairs, over the bridge, turn right past double tap, go down the stairs, run to the double barrel, turn right, turn right, run to teleporter c, and whenever you can, turn around and shoot. i remember doing this when i played solo. hope that helps :D

Sorry, man, didn't see your post there :oops:

I guess this proves that anyway you put it, you'll just end up doing laps in some type of triangular shape form.

I do not play solo too much more myself, but from what running routes I use when other players are downed I can possibly say two strategies.

1. You need to have opened the 1250 door that leads to teleport C(? by the bowie knife and STG-44) stand down by the STG and wait. zombies will run up the small stairs to get to you. you jump off the ledge closest to the STG and run to the wall across from you (under the Catwalk) and then immediately turn towards your left and run that way being sure to avoid zombies and then turn left and run back up towards the STG. I did this in co-op while my friend shot at the crowd with a WunderWaffe and it worked quite well. I did occasionally have to run farther though through back up routes, one of which was up the stairs to the cat walk and continuing straight onto the little balcony by the window and jumping down and then running across into the quick revive room and dropping down the hole into the tunnel and then SPRINTING (very very important to sprint here) back into the room with the STG. I only ran those bigger circles when I was alone or if too many zombies were coming in the main doorway at once, blocking my circle. This one is risky and Juggernot is more than required.

2. I've never used this strategy myself as I am too much of a point hoarder and Samantha hates me, but, You can esssentially survive for a long time using the teleporters. This is very expensive so you'll want a cheap wall SMG. pretty much just pick a teleporter room to start in. (i'd recommend the one by the STG so you can use the 1st strategy to gather a sufficient crowd.) and then when you cant hold off anymore teleport to the mainframe. You can possibly risk staying to see what the power up is (she never gives me one) but thats a risk you'll have to figure yourself. Otherwise pick a different teleporter and run towards that one. then repeat the hold out and teleport process. Cycle between all of the teleporters if you can, im not entirely sure what the cool down times are but im pretty sure the 1st will be cooled by the time youve used the other 2. If the cool down times are short enough ( I'm just brain storming here) then the best combo would be to use C (stg) then the one near double tap because they are the farthest from each other so if you run up to the other teleporter (by double tap) through the furnace room then you shouldnt run into any of the zombies that didnt get friend by the teleporter, which would ensure a slightly safer trip.

I dont do much solo but I've found Kino has ruined my abilities to camp in zombies. I get restless when camping on the cat walk in Der Riese.

Anyways

Good Luck!

XBL GT: MegaAfroMan

My buds do something like your 2nd strategy. We wait at C and plat our betties there (inside the teleporter) and wait until we're overhauled by zombies. Then, we wait if we get a power-up. Sometimes we'd stop at the brain jars and any LMG players fend off there, while other players go on the second level and look out the little hole to make sure no one comes from the back, but also shooting at the horde. It also passes Jugg every time, so you'll never be in need of it as you'll always have the time to go grab it. Then we head back to the teleporter C. Rinse and repeat.

Der Riese Solo Camp strat:

Bowie Knife Teleporter Area "The Catwalk" stay by the open window that overlooks the Bowie knife courtyard. There is only one direction the the zombies can attack you from and if it gets too hectic drop down into the Bowie courtyard and begin one of the routes stated above. You can thin out the heard re-up ammo, PaP etc.. and then set up shop in the catwalk again, rinse repeat. Now this strat will get you into the high 20's/early 30's easily, but will get uber-boring after you get it down pat.

I've always found it pretty decent to rape train in the start room. Its not too hard, just takes a lot of practice. You have to use the mainframe stairs a lot, and its much MUCH MUUUUCH easier in Black Ops since you can jump zombies climbing up. Its not really a circle either, its more of just looking for space to run between zombies and keeping them in a straight, orderly line.

Detailed "strategy" : Start in the middle, at the bottom of the stairs (Facing Mainframe), keep the Carbine side SHUT! When zombies begin to flood in from the rear and left sides, you wait for a moment, then run up the stairs to the PaP, wait there, drop down to your right (Facing PaP, Carbine side) run back and wait at the window (turn around here) they should come in a line from the mainframe drop towards you, run around them towards the fence, wait there untill they start to get close, then run towards the window on the Double barrel side, they should once again come in a straight line. Once they get close, run up the stairs to the Double barrel room and drop off the side. You SHOULD be back in the center of the room where u started and you can begin shooting. (This is really only for rounds 15+, once the zombies start to spawn fast.)

I'd practice mine in Co-Op first. Its how I got good at it. When I first tried it in solo it was a pain, but now its just really really easy. heres another for you:

1) Get the WunderWaffe DG3JZ and 420 Impeller.

2) start on the edge of the bridge by the Thompson side and wait for some zombies. Once it gets hairy, drop. DO NOT KILL AFTER THIS!

3) Run towards the original Box spawn and wait for the train, once its close enough, run towards the backsides of the barrels (near the window)

4) wait again, once they are close again, run into the Bowie knife room and stop under the part of the catwalk where the window is.

5) Run TOWARDS the quick revive room (not into it) and once they get close again, run into the catwalk room.

6) Wait for the mob up by the STG, then once they start up the stairs, drop down, go up the catwalk and drop off back into the power room, run through the door to the FG42 (this will be how you get Wall Ammo for it) and wait by the entrence to the double barrel room.

7) UNLOAD!!!!!

I'd practice mine in Co-Op first. Its how I got good at it. When I first tried it in solo it was a pain, but now its just really really easy. heres another for you:

1) Get the WunderWaffe DG3JZ and 420 Impeller.

2) start on the edge of the bridge by the Thompson side and wait for some zombies. Once it gets hairy, drop. DO NOT KILL AFTER THIS!

3) Run towards the original Box spawn and wait for the train, once its close enough, run towards the backsides of the barrels (near the window)

4) wait again, once they are close again, run into the Bowie knife room and stop under the part of the catwalk where the window is.

5) Run TOWARDS the quick revive room (not into it) and once they get close again, run into the catwalk room.

6) Wait for the mob up by the STG, then once they start up the stairs, drop down, go up the catwalk and drop off back into the power room, run through the door to the FG42 (this will be how you get Wall Ammo for it) and wait by the entrence to the double barrel room.

7) UNLOAD!!!!!

This one looks the most simple so I'm going to try this one next. BTW I was reading your sig and it says you got to round 823 on Shi No Numa solo, are you serious?

I did a topic about my Der Riese solo strategy a while ago, it's gotten me to round 60 on the W@W version before I killed myself. Same strategy for Black Ops, haven't got it on Black Ops just yet but should be easier on Black Ops cuz the zombies are easier to run past without getting stuck.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14483

About Shi No Numa, I've done round 625 before killing myself. It's not a glitch, it's just on the W@W all of the zombie maps except Der Riese only spawn 24 zombies per round in solo play. As the other guy mentioned, the Wunderwaffe kills 10 zombies per shot, which means only 3 shots are needed to complete a round.

The basic strategy is just to start each round in the centre hut where the box is first situated, then when the zombies spawn run out to the Comm Room area and do the loop (it helps to already get some of the zombies behind you when you start looping). After round 35 every round is pretty much the same if you have the WW, all the zombies spawn in one clump and when you run out into the Comm Room area they'll all come in behind you - zap, zap, zap, round over!

TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS TRAPS

My strategy exactly after I've got the points for it, it's a LOT more effective than wasting points on teleporters. Teleporters aren't even necessary to survive, whereas traps can be used at later rounds to kill all the zombies quicker and save ammo. I use the Flamethrower to rack up the points, so even when I use the traps on every loop round the map I'm still gradually building points even though I don't need them.

I actually prefer to run this map solo. Too many guys in too many places makes the spawn out of control. Camping strategies will only get you so far, and become death traps fast. A lot of guys tend to make the map a bit more complicated and expensive than it needs to be with excess use of teleporters as well. Overuse of teleporters can actually cause them to not work if you try to activate the same one consecutively too quickly. They actually do have a cool down time of around 70 seconds, even though the button prompt is present to initiate it.

This strategy got me to round 116, and I started doing this around 30. One trap only. Hangar teleporter only used when dog spawns get crazy, (6 or more en route to hangar) and in case I feel the spawn is getting out of control. Basedow runs a very similar strategy and has gotten to 90'ish. Matomaster is the guy I lifted the running part back to the hangar from. That guy is pure zombie genius. That's what I do in lieu of decent places to run circles. The zig zag pattern allows you to herd, allows a safe exit from hangar via the catwalk, and also gives the trap time to cool down.

For anyone who wants to try this.. do not start TOO EARLY!!!! Before 25ish, zombs are still spawning slowly and you can easily get cut off en route back to the hangar, or even c-ckblocked by the guy on the catwalk stairs.

As for guns... Unpap'ed Thomspon/Bowie Knife combo for quick dog disposal (this works awesome with Double Tap) WunderWaffe for emergencies. (I prefer to be conservative with the WW, as killing too many zombs at once tends to get you cut off via respawn).

Hope this helps. Livestream archive of my recent solo run to 116. *Note this is the Black Ops version, but is perfectly suited for WAW as well.

--CJG

http://www.justin.tv/sludgehammer520/b/294304278

A tad point expensive, but good for 20+

Start at teleporter B, teleport when over run, walk up to C (going right out of the mainframe, and up by the FG. Shoot the horde as they fall down let them push you up towards the telporter. Run by the STG and drop off the side there, run up the catwalk stairs, then run back towards B via Trench Gun alley. Or if you don't want to dodge that much, Teleport from B, Teleport from A (optional), then teleport from C. Just keep running to teleporter, then shooting from it, teleporting when overun.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow

Hate to admit it but i think I might be too good at Zombies.

No, I'm just kidding, but really there are about 5+ quality training spots in Der Reise. the starting room, by the Thompson, power switch, Bowie knife room, then of course there's the lap techniques. They're all good and easy to do provided you pay attention. Also they all allow you to have a good wall gun (If you use the Thompson room and you're super fast, you can even use the Type 100).

You're absolutely right about those training spots. Thing is a lot of us hadn't played the Black Ops version of the map until just recently, I mean I didn't get to play it 'til it's PC release last Thursday. The map layout itself was the same in World at War of course, but due to the way the zombies moved and the way you'd get stuck on them if you got too close, it was impossibly hard to run trains in smaller areas. It's completely different in Black Ops, you can run trains in really small areas pretty easily.