Help clear my golden rod confusion...

Ok. I've been reading posts on several sites and checking comments on youtube videos and even the COD wiki page and still cannot find a clear answer. I don't know if the answer I'm looking for is here in the 'Moon' section because over half of the threads will not load for me.

So I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate thread.

So I plead to you now, CoDz community, to help me out.

For the golden rod to appear in Richtofen's inventory on Moon...

Are the Multiplayer achievements from Call of the Dead and Shangri-La required for all players?

So far I've only tried the Moon easter egg with just myself and a friend, and I'm always host and Richtofen as well. I only have the solo achievement from CotD and he has none of the previous map 'egg' achievements. I've never spawned with the rod.

I've read that people have managed to complete this egg to its full completion w/o any player having any of the previous achievements. I have no idea of how Richtofen spawns with the rod w/o them. On Friday the CoD wiki page on the grand scheme egg stated that neither previous map 'egg' achievements were needed to complete moon's yet as of today that is no longer on the page.

I don't have Shangri-La, so I'm SOL if that achievement is required.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it will show up anyway. The focasing stone it tucked inside the Vril rod, so it wont be two iteams, just the staff.

It WILL show up anyways. i just did it today. you can do every easter egg in this map without the other ones.

Yeah it show's up either way in Co-op but not solo or even split-screen.

No, it will show up anyway. The focasing stone it tucked inside the Vril rod, so it wont be two iteams, just the staff.

It WILL show up anyways. i just did it today. you can do every easter egg in this map without the other ones.

Yeah it show's up either way in Co-op but not solo or even split-screen.

So all of you have finished the moon egg with no one in your group having the previous map easter eggs done? wtfff lol.

Wow this map really hates me then.

But thanks for the replies guys they really are helpful. [brains] for all of you...forgot I couldn't give em out so fast after the first though...but you will get them!

Golden rod will show up anyway even if no one has done the cotd Easter egg but you wont be able to put the golden rod in between the plates if you haven't got some one in the game with time travel will tell. I know everyone thinks different but i have tested it about 5 times and pretty sure that is how it works. you can get slumber party but not big bang theory. Also I don't know if people know but you can do the Easter egg in a different order like we done the plates first yesterday then Samantha says then the rest of it .

wait you don't have the focusing stone in your inventory when youre the doctor? I had a blueish circle thing on spawn where I'd normally have the rod earlier today when I was richtofen but the team was bullocks and we didnt even make it out of area 51 so I didn't ask about it. I have only done the solo cotd EE so idk what the stone normally looks like.

Golden rod will show up anyway even if no one has done the cotd Easter egg but you wont be able to put the golden rod in between the plates if you haven't got some one in the game with time travel will tell. I know everyone thinks different but i have tested it about 5 times and pretty sure that is how it works. you can get slumber party but not big bang theory. Also I don't know if people know but you can do the Easter egg in a different order like we done the plates first yesterday then Samantha says then the rest of it .

As long as one person has done both easter eggs, the richtofen of every game will have the golden rod/focusing stone.

Ahhhhhhhh. Well baste me in butter...I'm now going to have to get Shangri-La and do the eclipse egg. I could just find someone with the achievements, but I might as well get them myself since I don't have them (obviously lol)

Thanks so much guys. [brains] will find their ways to all of you.