Hacker: Discussion & All Known Effects

Fu453

Well it's also hard to make sure someone even has hacker as well. A lot of the main places to hold off usually have the artificial gravity off or broken at some point in the game.

That's why you gotta be the hacker guy. Personally I never trust any randoms to save my beloved biodome from the excavators. So take matters into your own hands, and rock the hacker device.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the reason there must be a player in your team holding hacker all the time and that's why you must stop the bio dome from breaching.

Simplest way to do this is during the prompt for breach you should stop killing and start hording zombies, once you know no more zombies are spawning, guy with hacker should go fix the escavator. This way the player holding hacker does not get swamped by zombies,. It is always good to have gersches for that reason. Also remember not to throw any grenades in labs or at spawn.

All that said, I hate staying at Bio dome. I always Love to rack up points in AK74u location. But I like the Hacking box locations tricks to help you get guns from the box without moving box for long time.

Thats the reason there must be a player in your team holding hacker all the time and that's why you must stop the bio dome from breaching.

Simplest way to do this is during the prompt for breach you should stop killing and start hording zombies, once you know no more zombies are spawning, guy with hacker should go fix the escavator. This way the player holding hacker does not get swamped by zombies,. It is always good to have gersches for that reason. Also remember not to throw any grenades in labs or at spawn.

All that said, I hate staying at Bio dome. I always Love to rack up points in AK74u location. But I like the Hacking box locations tricks to help you get guns from the box without moving box for long time.

Smart man way2goo, I'll be sure to come back and brains you. This is EXACTLY what me and my buddy do in the 30+ rounds. We camp in the Dome, and whenever we hear the anouncment about the excavator going for the Dome we horde two circles until they're all out, merge the two so one person can run back and stop the excavators.

And when we play, we both will get the hacker by hitting it at the same time. That way either one of us can run back and stop it.

You can't get a perk bottle by hacking power ups. Fire sale and everything else becomes a Max Ammo, Max Ammo becomes a Fire Sale.

Hacking doors is WAY to slow. Also can someone tell me all the box location cause I hacked a lot of box spawns and I couldn't find it. =/

4 Box locations: spawn room, power room, biodome, and on the moon surface near teleporter and mule kick.

While I do not know the exact numbers for how much faster it is, I can confirm that it is indeed quicker with Speed Cola. If you have any doors that still need to be hacked after you get speed it is very noticeable. I'd say it roughly halves the time it takes to hack. Also, when you go to hack the PAP on high rounds it is very helpful in getting the gates closed before too many zombies join you inside.

About hacking a empty box location with a teddy bear on it.....

Shooter, I am really confused about this. Last time when the box appeared at Biodome I hacked all three locations with teddy on it.But the box left the biodome after 5-6 hits. Not what I expected.

Is it

1. Hack the teddy to hold down the box at this location for long time?

(eg: I can hack the teddy ten times to hold the box at that location for 60-70 hits..)

2. Hack the teddy to bring the box to this location next time it moves?

3. Hack the teddy to block that location whenever the Box moves?

I might try this today but if some one already knows please throw some light.

So things that need to be proved:

1. Track time taken to open a door with hacker with and wihout speed cola.

(keep the door leading to teleporter closed in biodome until you get speed cola to try this)

2. Box Hacking: How does it work?? How many times and is there a way you can screw this up by using the box while hacking the teddies..)

3. Hacking drops to get a perk

These Three TBD's can be very important part of the game.

Thanks Everyone.

About hacking a empty box location with a teddy bear on it.....

Shooter, I am really confused about this. Last time when the box appeared at Biodome I hacked all three locations with teddy on it.But the box left the biodome after 5-6 hits. Not what I expected.

Is it

1. Hack the teddy to hold down the box at this location for long time?

(eg: I can hack the teddy ten times to hold the box at that location for 60-70 hits..)

2. Hack the teddy to bring the box to this location next time it moves?

3. Hack the teddy to block that location whenever the Box moves?

I might try this today but if some one already knows please throw some light.

(keep the door leading to teleporter closed in biodome until you get speed cola to try this)

2. Box Hacking: How does it work?? How many times and is there a way you can screw this up by using the box while hacking the teddies..)

These Three TBD's can be very important part of the game.

Thanks Everyone.

I'll be getting back to you tonight on these things way2goo. I'm going to do a little testing and see what I find.

Although I've got to assume #3 is impossible. I've hacked powerups over 50 times and I'm yet to see a perk bottle appear. Plus I've never seen any footage to back up that claim.

Sorry I haven't been here to correct anything, so I'll do everything now.

On a side note, thanks a whole bunch Alpha for making my QED and Hacker threads stickies. It means a lot to me since I want to help out the CoDz community in everyway possible. Their my first 2 stickies! :)

1. It takes 32 seconds to hack a door WITHOUT Speed Cola, but just 21 seconds WITH it. Quite a considerable margin.

2. I'm not certain with this, but I think if you take a weapon from a box that you hacked to a certain location, it will screw it up. But it definately works if you don't take a weapon from any 3 of the locations while hacking.

3. The map has been out for a month on Xbox now and there's been no proof of this, so we can safely assume it's not true. Does anyone know if there is a way to get more than 4 perks in solo?

1. It takes 32 seconds to hack a door WITHOUT Speed Cola, but just 21 seconds WITH it. Quite a considerable margin.

3. The map has been out for a month on Xbox now and there's been no proof of this, so we can safely assume it's not true. Does anyone know if there is a way to get more than 4 perks in solo?

Yup, it seems that Speed Cola cuts anywhere from 1/3 to1/4 of the normal hacking time. Definately a noticable difference with doors.

The only time I had 5 perks on Solo is when a QED gave me Double Tap. I think you just have to be extremely lucky, but QEDs can dispense free perks.

Wow, that is luck, I've never had a perk bottle drop. I have had a Wave Gun drop a couple of times though, interesting to see if you can get it after you've already upgraded it so you can have 2 of them like you can with the Ray Gun...

I don't think you can. There is only one wonder weapon per map. Only 1 player can have it at a time. When her or she dies or leaves, it's returned to the box. I'm sure you all know this.

Though, it is rumored, that if no player has gotten the Thundergun and a Fire Sale hits, there is something like a 1 in 4 million chance, that both players could get a Thundergun. Like I said, not sure.

Wow, that is luck, I've never had a perk bottle drop. I have had a Wave Gun drop a couple of times though, interesting to see if you can get it after you've already upgraded it so you can have 2 of them like you can with the Ray Gun...

I don't think you can. There is only one wonder weapon per map. Only 1 player can have it at a time. When her or she dies or leaves, it's returned to the box. I'm sure you all know this.

Though, it is rumored, that if no player has gotten the Thundergun and a Fire Sale hits, there is something like a 1 in 4 million chance, that both players could get a Thundergun. Like I said, not sure.

Yeah I've seen videos of the 2 Thunderguns, that's what made me think it may be possible. Though I guess really the Thundergun thing is a glitch really, thinking about it I'm not sure Treyarch would purposely let there be 2 of the same wonder weapon in the game.

Theres one more thing the hacker does that no one mentioned , it give you bonus points . The longer you hold it the more points u get at the end of every rd starting at 500pts and maxing at 2500. U also can double these points if u go to earth every round aswell . Just played a solo game and picked up the hacker in rd 1 and by rd 10 I got 30000 bonus by picking up the hacking and never dropping it but as soon as u drop it , u start back up again.

Moon 53

No mans land 149 kills

Werdan1982 psn

The following information is taken from the PC version of the game's code:

A Hacker Bonus is awarded at the end of a round if completed without dropping the Hacker.. You earn 500 points for each round completed without dropping the Hacker.

It caps after 5 rounds, with a max of 2500 points as the bonus.

Various things can be hacked around the map:

Player: Costs 500 pts. and takes 10s. The player being hacked is awarded 500 pts.

Window: Awarded 100 pts. and takes 2s. If more than 3 windows are hacked in a single round it will cost 300 pts.

Door: Costs 200 pts. and takes 32.7s.

PaP: Awarded 1000 pts. and takes 5s. The gates will close for 30s.

Wall Weapon: Costs 3000 pts. and takes 2s. The ammo prices will flip.

Perk: Awarded the Perk's cost and takes 5s. Loose the Perk's effect.

Power-up: Costs 5000 pts. and takes 5s. Max Ammo will become a Fire Sale. All other power-ups become a Max Ammo.

Mystery Box Weapon: Cost 600 pts. and takes 1.5s. Weapon is rerolled.

Mystery Box Reroll: Awarded 950 pts. and takes 1.5s.

Mystery Box Location: Cost 1200 pts. and takes 5s. Summon the box for a 1-time roll. Fire Sales will not spawn the box in the hacked location. Box will not spawn in the hacked location when moving to a new location.

Speed Cola gives you a 0.66x Hack Time multiplier.

Theres one more thing the hacker does that no one mentioned , it give you bonus points . The longer you hold it the more points u get at the end of every rd starting at 500pts and maxing at 2500. U also can double these points if u go to earth every round aswell . Just played a solo game and picked up the hacker in rd 1 and by rd 10 I got 30000 bonus by picking up the hacking and never dropping it but as soon as u drop it , u start back up again.

Moon 53

No mans land 149 kills

Werdan1982 psn

Yes sorry I havent put this into the OP yet, a bit busy. Ill do it now though.

Mystery Box Location: Cost 1200 pts. and takes 5s. Summon the box for a 1-time roll. Fire Sales will not spawn the box in the hacked location. Box will not spawn in the hacked location when moving to a new location.

Thank you! I thought it was a glitch or something because the box was not appearing in the Bio-dome spawn when a Fire-Sale was on, and it never moved there, so I thought I glitched it or something by hacking it.

But what if you hack all locations? Does the box stay in 1 spot?