Is CoDz working for you?

carbonfibah

Is the forum working for everybody?

We recently got suspended from our old host Bluehost. We were on a shared server and consumed too many resources. So to remedy this problem I found a new host. We now have a VPS. VPS is a virtual private server. It is inbetween shared servers and a dedicated server. Dedicated servers pretty much start at around $500 a month. I have this VPS for $50 a month. One of the reasons for using VPS over shared hosting is the level of performance you get with it. Like previously said, with shared hosting all of your resources are shared, but with VPS every resource is ours and have been assigned by the VPS administrator and we are the only ones who can use it. The reason for this is because of the virtual network used to create a VPS. VPS server is in fact a dedicated server divided into multiple parts using a virtualization manager. On one physical server you get multiple servers you can then distribute to customers which need it. All of the created VPS on a single physical location are then completely isolated from each other, ensuring constant performance.

So now we have this new server which will hopefully be more stable and faster. It is a lot more expensive however which is the only downside.

I am curious if the site is working for everyone, is it faster. slower? Is it working?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works on my cell phone pretty much. Except for getting into this thread. Gave me a error a few times.

But I can't get on the site from my computer. Keep getting the suspended thing. Even after clearing history.

Also, if you want to get a private server, I have been talking to a friend thatcan help.

I just upgraded it to a higher tier, which was more expensive, hopefully it helps. I also am the one who is managing the server, so I can choose to start or stop, or restart, or fix it when it's down, so when there are issues, contact me on twitter @carbonfibah so I can fix them as quickly as possible.

Jesus. It has taken almost an hour to get back into this thread. Kept getting a page that all it said was the web address for the site. Grrrrrr

Yeah at times, threads would only show the URL.

I'll donate too asap when i learn how to use pay pal and virtual credit cards. Can't trust the internet these days.