The Wonder Weapon Showdown!

Fu453

OK. Previously this thread was about the new Wonder Weapon, the Wave Gun+Zap Gun Dual Wield, against the King, Wunderwaffe DG-2. But soon after, I felt this would be an opportunity to have like...the ultimate showdown of Wonder Weapons!

You see, people keep putting up polls about what your favorite Wonder Weapon is, but I've never seen anyone put them all to the test!

So I've decided to put all of their stats here for your (and my) enjoyment.

Ray Gun/Porter's X2 Ray Gun

Effect: Plasma energy is shot at a zombie. Slash damage may hurt the player. Able to gib (usually the legs).

Damage (from 1 shot): 1000 (1 shot kill until Round 10 by direct impact)/2000 (1 shot kill until Round 18 by direct impact)

Magazine Size: 20/40

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held:20+160=180/40+200=240

Wunderwaffe DG-2/Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ.

Effect: 1 shot will electrify a zombie and will then chain to other zombies that are close enough.

Damage (from 1 shot): Infinite with a max of 10 kills by chaining/Infinite with a max of 24 kills by chaining (W@W only)

Magazine Size: 3/6

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 3+15=18/6+30=36

Thundergun/ZeusCannon

Effect: Blows an enormous amount of air at multiple zombies within range.

Damage (from 1 shot): Infinite unless hit by the rim of the blast, which will then be 15/Infinite unless hit by the rim of the blast, which will then be 15

Magazine Size: 2/4

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 2+12=14/4+24=28

Winter's Howl/Winter's Fury

Effect: Freezes/Slows down zombies.

Damage (from 1 shot): Depends on speed of zombie. The slower it is the more of the possibility it will freeze./Depends on speed of zombie. The slower it is the more of a possibility it will freeze (Probably will freeze at a higher speed).

Magazine Size: 6/9

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 6+24=30/9+36=45

VR-11/VR-11 Lazarus

Effect: When shot, zombie will become a human and will start running. If Pack-a-Punched, the teammate will be ignored by zombies and will gain insta-kill.

Damage (from 1 shot): Zero/Zero (if shot at 1 zombie 3 times, it will explode. This damage is unknown)

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 3+6=9/6+12=18

Scavenger/Hyena Infra-dead

Effect: Shoots miniature rockets that stick to surfaces and has an enormous blast/radius.

Damage (from 1 shot): 11320 (1 shot kill until Round 35)/11320 (1 shot kill until Round 35)

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 3+12=15/6+24=30

31-79 JGb215/The Fractalizer

Effect: Shoots a ray that will make zombies "babies".

Damage (from 1 shot): Zero (makes zombies a 1 hit kill)/Zero (makes zombies a 1 hit kill for a longer period of time)

Magazine Size: 5/8

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 5+20=25/8+40=48

Wave Gun/Max Wave Gun

Effect: Zombie will cough up blood, do an extra animation (only Pack-a-Punched), expand, then explode. Any zombies that touch this zombie will also do the same.

Damage (from 1 shot): Infinte with any zombie touching an effected zombie also becoming effected/Infinite with any zombie touching an effected zombie also becoming effected

Magazine Size: 2/4

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 2+12=14/4+24=28

Zap Gun Dual Wield/Porter's X2 Zap Gun Dual Wield

Effect: When shot the zombie will be electrocuted (but will not chain off to others near by).

Damage (from 1 shot): Infinite/Infinite

Magazine Size: 8/12

Maximum Ammunition Possibly Held: 8/8+64=80/12/12+100=124

Hope this helps anyone with anything they'd like to do.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame they nerfed the DG-3 JZ in BO's Der Riese. Making it only 360 kills without being replenished by Max Ammo, but it still wins. The Wunderwaffe will always be may favorite. I ALWAYS get it in Der Riese when I'm playing with my friends.

But enough about what we already know. The Wave Gun is absolutely a Bad Ass gun, no doubt. The Zap Guns are just absolutely epic out of proportion. :D

It's a shame they nerfed the DG-3 JZ in BO's Der Riese. Making it only 360 kills without being replenished by Max Ammo, but it still wins. The Wunderwaffe will always be may favorite. I ALWAYS get it in Der Riese when I'm playing with my friends.

But enough about what we already know. The Wave Gun is absolutely a Bad Ass gun, no doubt. The Zap Guns are just absolutely epic out of proportion. :D

I always go for the wunderwaffe too xD i always did on WaW and i still do :) I only wish that the Zap Guns would chain the kills just a little bit, even by like 1 or 2 more zombies, but still they are pretty awsome :D

Whaaaaaaat? The Wave gun, even unpgraded, can easily take out an entire train. I don't think you're taking into account the fact that the Wave gun can go through an entire line of zombies. And if you don't believe me, well, here ya go:

gFl8WH0iQso

EDIT: And even then, the Wave gun doesn't kill as many as WaW wunderwaffe. BUT the JGB, when used correctly, can and will take out an entire 24. So... JGB has 48 shots upgraded. 48x24 is 1,152 kills. JGB REIGNS SUPREME!

Well, my video player won't work for me, so I can accurately calculate the kills other Wonder Weapons can do :facepalm:

But I still think the Wunderwaffe is the best. The zombies just...die. While the JGb you have a lilited time to kill them. And what happens if you don't kill them in time? You may just die!

And as for the Thundergun, as the rounds go on, the range of the instant kill shortens, and therefore the Wunderwaffe is more safe because it has as infinite range with infinite damage.

If you try to put Scavenger in my face I'll put it's explosive radius in yours. Wunderwaffe has a very small blast radius and is much safer when shooting.

Whaaaaaaat? The Wave gun, even unpgraded, can easily take out an entire train. I don't think you're taking into account the fact that the Wave gun can go through an entire line of zombies. And if you don't believe me, well, here ya go:

gFl8WH0iQso

EDIT: And even then, the Wave gun doesn't kill as many as WaW wunderwaffe. BUT the JGB, when used correctly, can and will take out an entire 24. So... JGB has 48 shots upgraded. 48x24 is 1,152 kills. JGB REIGNS SUPREME!

I know when I read the stats for the Wave Gun I was like huh? I can kill more than 4 zombies unPaP. [brains] to u.

w/o being replenished by Max Ammo/28x24+124x1=208 w/o being replenished by Max Ammo

The wunderwaffe can only kill 10 in black ops and the wave gun is NOT in WaW and the Max Wave Gun can kill a whole horde not only 3.

WAVE GUN WINS!

8-)

hey hey we're talking about the guns when they are at their best. I feel like if you want to use waffe nerfed, then nerf wave gun

w/o being replenished by Max Ammo/28x24+124x1=208 w/o being replenished by Max Ammo

The wunderwaffe can only kill 10 in black ops and the wave gun is NOT in WaW and the Max Wave Gun can kill a whole horde not only 3.

WAVE GUN WINS!

8-)

hey hey we're talking about the guns when they are at their best. I feel like if you want to use waffe nerfed, then nerf wave gun

Then at both of their bests Wunderwaffe is better by a little less than a hundred kills BUT it has a cool animation PLUS the wunderwaffe's animation

I don't get why people choose thunder over waffe. at higher levels it just blows away a few zombies and knocks the other zombies down and they gt back up. winters howl I.never used but I still consider it horrible. wave gun I haven't used yet so idk. jgb is fun I'll give it that. but there's something about electrocuting zombies that can never be replaced.

Although I haven't got Moon and yet to try the Wave Gun, I'm gonna say the DG-2. It was the 1st big Wonder weapon, chains off zombies so you can shoot it around corners (it can kill zombies you didn't notice behind you), and it shoots electricity!

But my absolute favourite big Wonder weapon is Scavenger :)

the wave gun can cook full hordes of zombies, and since that is innaccurately reported in your OP, the entire premise of the post is invalid. try again with correct stats and then the results might hold some water. i do agree however that what sets the thunder gun apart from the wave gun and even the ww, is that it literally kills the zombies instantaneously, whereas the ww takes a second or so, and the wave gun takes a few seconds before they are killed.....

Just a little note to the OP I meant to say "Nice work with the math" with actual sincerity, its cool you actually did math with these weapons.

On the Thundergun, everyone stop BSing the Thundergun is always a one hit kill from close range. If you try to shoot them from far you obviously don't know how to use it. And that little thing about the TG only knocking back zombies on higher rounds? If you aim right they won't do that :roll:

I personally think the DG-2 PaP is the best on WaW. The only downside if the Jug effect, but if your good with it, it won't happen.

And that my friend.... is

Another Monopoly Thought

the wave gun can cook full hordes of zombies, and since that is innaccurately reported in your OP, the entire premise of the post is invalid. try again with correct stats and then the results might hold some water. i do agree however that what sets the thunder gun apart from the wave gun and even the ww, is that it literally kills the zombies instantaneously, whereas the ww takes a second or so, and the wave gun takes a few seconds before they are killed.....

I know, I'm sorry for the inaccuracy, and I'm trying to fix it but my Video player has stopped working (it has frame-by-frame, so I can get accurate results), so until it works again I can't get good enough info.

BUT I'm also thinking of putting other Wonder Weapons' info in the OP just for kicks so everyone can see their favorite Wonder Weapons all in one thread!

I hate to break it to you, but your information is all at least slightly flawed.

You made a mistake for every weapon, especially the Thundergun and V-R11.

I have the coding for the weapons from the PC version of the game (except the Scavenger and Wave Gun/Zap Gun... So those could be correct...)

Once Rezerection is released for PC, I intend to make a thread like this, but with all correct stats. It won't be like a copy of this, I had that planned before you posted this.

The Thundergun will insta-kill at any range, at any round. If the Zombies are hit towards the edge of the blast, they will take 15 damage and get knocked down.

Nothing will happen if you shoot a teammate with the normal V-R11. But if you shoot them with the PaP version they go into Zombiemode for 10 seconds.