Der Riese - The End?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Giant is rising. Face the might of the Nazi Zombies in their heartland. This is where it all began. This is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?"

Is that what you meant? The start meaning this is were the zombies and hellhounds were created, where the outbreak started from.

The part with the end could have multiple meanings, could be just saying "Could this be the end of our heroes?" basically. Or since it started here, is this where we can end it?

Actually maybe they might have to come back here in the future, to stop Richtofen.

in the new zombie song coming home she says

"I need you To sacrifice the vermin marytr To Bring me back where I saw you"

could that mean der riese cause they first met in der riese??

Actually, the line right after is "Die I will make your last words come true, now I know what I must do." And in the 6th audio reel on moon you can hear Maxis talking to Samantha, who is stuck in the pyramid, and in the end he tells her to "kill them all", and then he is shot. I also originally thought that you possibly have to return to Der Riese after the egg (it could be or have been plausible since the items from previous maps were carried over if you had gotten the achievement). Something else that made me think so is after Samantha and Richtofen switch bodies, a line Samantha says is "let's play hide and seek" (that may not be the exact line but it has to do with hide and seek). And if you notice the gamer picture you receive after they switch bodies, the teddy bear is holding a bowie knife, and has a green background, like the items from the flytrap.

The caption was the same as it was in WaW. It was the last zombies map in WaW (the end) and it was where the zombies were first created and experimented with (where it all started)

Nothing too mysterious. I'd love it just as much as anyone if Der Riese held new secrets to uncover but its still the half-finished story it always was. I kinda wished they couldve done more to explain the fly trap though.

Now this is all my opinions as I personally have only watched, not done, the Easter Egg missions on the Black Ops maps.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I think about it for a spell, things could be different... Since all the classic maps got a face lift and new weapons, there's got to be something we (as a community) are missing on Der Riese... (Black Ops version)

Shi No Numa has an extra radio, Verruckt has the blood splotches that make noises when you dive to prone on them, and Nacht Der Untoten has new songs on the radio...

Der Riese is hiding something more, or Treyarch is mind-fucking the shit out of us by putting new stuff in the other 3 classic maps and not Der Riese... lol

There was a theory that I was speculating about Der Riese... What if it really is the end? It was the last awesome trailer we got before the map pack came out, and in the end of the trailer it can be assumed everyone died. So, a theory is that Der Riese is the actual end. Disregarding the easter eggs that were thrown in as an experiment for future eggs, I could see it possible.

Okay, the reason for this is... First, in Der Riese (Black Ops version) You see the moon and a nebula thing behind it... Then you see all the Stars and cosmos/thingies just like at Area 51 after nuking it. You also here the same alarms from Area 51 going off in the background. The radios would just be there to tell the gang a bit more of what happened and why sam and Richtofen had such a feud...

Idk, Really we concluded this while looking for a reasoning behind the 1-2-3 Paw Prints that are now in Der Riese...

There was a theory that I was speculating about Der Riese... What if it really is the end? It was the last awesome trailer we got before the map pack came out, and in the end of the trailer it can be assumed everyone died. So, a theory is that Der Riese is the actual end. Disregarding the easter eggs that were thrown in as an experiment for future eggs, I could see it possible.

Okay, the reason for this is... First, in Der Riese (Black Ops version) You see the moon and a nebula thing behind it... Then you see all the Stars and cosmos/thingies just like at Area 51 after nuking it. You also here the same alarms from Area 51 going off in the background. The radios would just be there to tell the gang a bit more of what happened and why sam and Richtofen had such a feud...

Idk, Really we concluded this while looking for a reasoning behind the 1-2-3 Paw Prints that are now in Der Riese...

I dunno dude. Because they used the teleporter in Der Riese to go to the 60's and in up in the Theater.Would it be more accurate to say the end is Moon?? I haven't done the easter egg but don't you find Sam's body or something?

The thing is, if Der Riese was the end, Richtofen would sound like Samantha and the Demonic Announcer would sound like Richtofen. Also in Shi No Numa (BO) a radio was added that explains how they got from Der Riese to Kino, plus the obvious one, the Kino loading screen, where it shows all Classic Maps, and than the characters teleporting from Der Riese into the future.

Your theory is good though. I noticed the sky was similar as well. But sometimes Der Riese's sky can act wierd. Like sometimes the moon isn't there. And in Split-Screen, for the 2nd player, the sky is more grayish, and the lighting is way lighter, even more so in a Hellhound round.