Cryogetic Slumber Party & CODZL - hint at BO2's war?

Fu453

OK, so cryogenic slumber party hints that our characters will be cryogenic-ally frozen sand will awake in the future. This brings the question of which war will they be in? Well, looking in the CODZL video, I noticed these.

The weapons with in the blue outline seem to be Cold Era weapons, but what I am really focusing on is the gun with the black arrow pointing towards it. A Sniper Rifle that looks very similar to the line of Snipers the Barret Firearms Company makes (from COD4 and MW2 the "Barret 50.cal").

Though I can't tell which model this is, the earliest model was made in 1985 (I think), so does this mean that Black Ops 2's war will be in the 1980's? Or is the model even newer? Will we see our characters in the 2000's? Fighing Afghanistanic Zombies?

What do you think?

-Fu

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so cryogenic slumber party hints that our characters will be cryogenic-ally frozen sand will awake in the future. This brings the question of which war will they be in? Well, looking in the CODZL video, I noticed these.

The weapons with in the blue outline seem to be Cold Era weapons, but what I am really focusing on is the gun with the black arrow pointing towards it. A Sniper Rifle that looks very similar to the line of Snipers the Barret Firearms Company makes (from COD4 and MW2 the "Barret 50.cal").

Though I can't tell which model this is, the earliest model was made in 1985 (I think), so does this mean that Black Ops 2's war will be in the 1980's? Or is the model even newer? Will we see our characters in the 2000's? Fighing Afghanistanic Zombies?

What do you think?

-Fu

or it's a prototype like the mp5k and bo will keep it's timeline

If BO2 does keep the cold war era setting then the late 70's early 80's is very much relevent. Locations could be Iran, Afghanistan, Grenada, Berlin, and all the usual sovietblock type places(Ukraine, Yugosolvia, Czech etc..)

It would also open the door for a ton of new weapons both operational and in their prototype phases.

They could also simply just be props.

Maybe there is more, maybe not, but the COD: Zombies Lab was essentially a commericial about how they are working on making stuff to kill zombies, different zombie killing items, and such.

It very well may have just been nothing more than props they got together to stage it to look like they were actually in a test facility.

If you were in a car crash test facility you'd expect to see cars, and crash dummies, etc.

i think that Treyarch is too deliberate to just put any old gun in their video. I bet BO2 will be in like the Desert Storm or maybe like a Seal Team 6 type of game? That would be cool because they get all the secret gadgets and weapons and stuff. Good find none the less. [brains] to you sir :)