Black Ops 2... Do we REALLY want it?..

Listen, everyone. Black Ops was phenomenal, the storyline, the best we ever had in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer was very successful, theater mode helped players upload videos with much more ease. Not to mention zombie, the zombies community has never been bigger, never has more people delved this deep into the zombie storyline, our anticipation for the next map was huge. But Black Ops 2, would it just be a continuation of the brilliant storyline, the multiplayer with a few extra perks and new weapons, the only thing that would really appeal to me would be the zombie storyline *(If there even is one, which there probably will be)* . I mean, what would we like better, Call of Duty Zombies or Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Regards, Legend.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There HAS to be A BO2 Because being left with a cliffhanger like this? Pfffft why would they give up their most lucrative game?

But I think *hope* that there will be a new storyline. Zombies can continue with Sam In the Doc's bod, and maybe they'll finally defeat the crazy fruit-loop called Edward.Just not Cullen...

I thought for a while that Treyarch should make a subdivision (or something) dedicated to making a COD Zombies game, whereas the rest of Treyarch works on Black Ops 2. But now that I've read some opinions here (specifically not wanting to buy both MP and Zombies), I'm at a loss for ideas now.....not to mention that I don't know how big Treyarch's staff is. I do believe, though, that Activision would just looooooove the idea of two COD games per year. :o

Yes, yes we do want it.

People forget, Treyarch are the people that experiment with Call Of Duty games.

For example, Call of Duty 2 was 4v4 shooter action, no classes, just pre set weapons.

Then Treyarch came in with Call of Duty 3 and added features that are standard for Call of Duty games now, like sprint for example.

They changed the MP up to have classes, vehicles and 12v12 multiplayer completely swaying away from CoD 2.

In Call of Duty 4 there was no sign of co-op, while with CoD: WaW Treyarch added co-op campaign and Nazi zombies, setting another standard for CoD games considering each edition after this has had some form of co-op.

Then Black ops added theater mode, custom game options more new features within its zombie mode and so much gun customisation like the emblem editor, reticles, clan tags on your gun and things like that.

Treyarch can always be relied on to innovate in the Call of Duty franchise, so yes, we do want Black Ops 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That or a zombies only installation/expansion that continues and finishes the zombies storyline, rather than adding one map at a time with each map pack. But, who knows. Treyarch seems to enjoy stretching out the suspense of what' to come next.

the best part about the way it is done so far with the maps coming one at a time via DLC with a couple available on disc, it gives the community time to play and master each map before new ones are available. the game mode itself is fun enough to play the same map for a month or two, so i dont need 4 new maps each map pack.. i think the formuila they have developed is gold, and the only thing that could make it better is if it were financially justifiable to continue to release map packs throughout the modern warfare year :P

Hell yes we want a Black Ops 2! black ops was great.. the only thing i wud suggest is to hav smaller n newer more features like for example jumping over obstacles n climbing the way crysis do, that ll the game faster.. Or how about sumthing call of duty neva does like reloading while sprinting, even if they made that as a perk it still wud b hot.. keep the gold guns n emblem creation by the way lol. Im jus saying these lil ideas so that way if black ops 2 come out people will c that it the same great call of duty game but its delivering u sumthing new. Im playin MW3 n honestly its pretty good, but Black ops is better still.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Treyarch might make CoD Zombies: The Game or something of that sort.

I'm pretty sure that they have the rights to develop the CoD set to come out in 2013?

So we might see CoD Zombies in 2014? I would rather have that but it would seem like a long time to wait for a new zombie map, I think if they did that then they would have to give us a few updates to Zombies on Black Ops like maybe WaW guns or something like that.

I have no clue what happened to their sound. In cod5 the sound was crisp, clean, and phenomenal. On black ops, if I'm standing next to a player who is reloading a python, to me it sounds like he is reloading an M1911. Whoever did the sound in CoD5 had better come back in CoD9.

if CoD zombies was to come out..............it just wouldn't work

activision would considerably lose money.........and.........i can't explain it,it would just be wrong

It's coming...

The BLOPS hardened edition, sold out everywhere due to the inclusion of zombies maps, not because of an avatar outfit.

The Zombie map only DLC was testing the waters for interest, and guess what? it sold just as much as the MP included map packs.

CODZL merch is starting to hit brink and mortar retailers, BLOPS Zombies on IOS just came out the soundtrack is available for itunes. They are priming the public for the big shift.

In the words of Agent Smith "It is inevitable."

I for one can't wait.

A 4 player co-op zombie campaign/spec ops, zombie themed mp(hellhound KS FTW) and usual survival mode would make for a suite of content I would give a pinky toe for.

The real question is when?

if CoD zombies was to come out..............it just wouldn't work

activision would considerably lose money.........and.........i can't explain it,it would just be wrong

It's coming...

The BLOPS hardened edition, sold out everywhere due to the inclusion of zombies maps, not because of an avatar outfit.

The Zombie map only DLC was testing the waters for interest, and guess what? it sold just as much as the MP included map packs.

CODZL merch is starting to hit brink and mortar retailers, BLOPS Zombies on IOS just came out the soundtrack is available for itunes. They are priming the public for the big shift.

In the words of Agent Smith "It is inevitable."

I for one can't wait.

A 4 player co-op zombie campaign/spec ops, zombie themed mp(hellhound KS FTW) and usual survival mode would make for a suite of content I would give a pinky toe for.

The real question is when?

well,thats a verry plausable statment

when:CoD 11

I read somewhere that the Rezzurection map pack was the highest selling DLC pack for Black Ops. Money talks. So I'm pretty sure we'll be getting plenty more zombies from Treyarch/Activision . They'll keep taking care of our zombie slaying needs as long as we keep paying them. Believe that! And reflecting on Activision's past history with successful titles (ie, Tony Hawk Pro Skater & Guitar Hero), they'll keep pumping out zombie games until they run the IP into the ground.

Whether the next zombie installment is it's own solo game or not, I really don't care. Seeing how far we've come in three years from NDT to Moon, I'm very optimistic about the future of zombies no matter how they plan to implement it into the COD series.