Wave Gun & Zap Gun Differences

FooToo

Alot of people confuse the Zap gun with the Wave gun so i figured id list the differences for ya :D

Wave Gun Specs:

Red & Blue

Detachable

Wave Gun Concept:

Bigger image

Wave Gun Shown in CODZL:

Bigger image

------------------------------------------

Zap Gun Specs:

White/Yellow & Red

Detachable

White/Yellow Shoots Lightning :)

Red Shoots Purple micro-waves :P

Zap Gun:

Bigger image

Zap Gun Separated:

Bigger image

Nikolai With Zap Gun:

Bigger image

------------------------------------------

Differences: One is named Wave Gun and the other is named Zap Gun

Proof: Going off of the newest Gameplay Analysis of Attack of the show on G4 (AOTS for Short) we see

the Zap Guns name:

Image:

Bigger image

It has the Same Effect from the above image labeled "Zap Gun Separated". With this knowledge we can tell that the image above and the other Image mentioned are the same gun. Another piece of Proof is the Name itself "Porter's X2 Zap Gun Duel Wield". Based off Porter's other work with the Raygun we can tell that the name doesn't change and that we only add this: "Porter's X2 **Name Of Gun**" In this case its a little different, if we remove "Duel Wield" and "Porter's X2" we get "Zap Gun". The Proof with the colors aswell as the name should differentiate the two.

-------------------------------------------------

As seen Here:

Bigger Image

Either the Wave Gun or Zap Gun comes detached out of the box. ATM is hard to tell what weapon it is as you can really only see the Red Gun out of the Two and the other is Dark and looks more blue but still to hard to tell.

This on the other hand is not white/yellow and is a dark obviously Blue color:

Bigger image

I Hope This Helps the people who only Think there is 1 Type of Wave/Zap Gun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On Another Note My Brother Got a Picture from someone who has worked on the Call of Duty Zombie Labs Video and has given him this picture:

Bigger Picture!

And to all of those Zombie Fans Follow @CODZL on twitter!

------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this as i was taking Screen Caps of the Wave Gun in the mystery Box:

Bigger Image

Its the Gersh but whats weird is that it appeared before the weapons started to cycle as the box was opening and is only in 2 frames... Weird.

Enjoy :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so what are the real differences between the guns? Because they both look and act the same except that theyre different colors. They both as one gun cause zombies to explode and they both come apart and shoot electricity. Could it be that when there put together its called the Wave gun and when theyre separated theyre known as the Zap guns. Because in the new vid we saw them together blow up zombies then taken apart and electrocute them. It would made sense that they differentiate between both with different names because their effects are different.

It could just be that that the gun it self comes in different colors as well as the most simple explanation.

But it only shows the name Porter's X2 Zap Gun Dual Wield when he switches is to dual wield mode. Like ow if you have a Masterkey it says Masterkey, does that mean the AUG is called the Masterkey? No, they are the same. As for why there are two color schemes the only thing I can think of is that there might be more than one.

But it only shows the name Porter's X2 Zap Gun Dual Wield when he switches is to dual wield mode. Like ow if you have a Masterkey it says Masterkey, does that mean the AUG is called the Masterkey? No, they are the same. As for why there are two color schemes the only thing I can think of is that there might be more than one.

I believe the different colors might just be a result of the PAP.

They're one and the same.

Really? All the Facts i have given and they are the same? i dont think so....

We've seen the Wave gun PaP'd and it split into Porters X2 Zap Guns.

And they wouldn't be lazy enough to create two wonder weapons with the exact same design bar colour schemes.

Why would they change it from Wave Gun to Zap gun when upgrading? Judging upon Porters work with the weapons the names do not change.. use your Brainz ZOMBEEZ

It doesn't change when upgrading. The Zap Guns are the pistol-like wonder weapons that combine to make the Wave Gun.

Okay, this is needlessly confusing. So you're telling me they look the same, work the same but they're different colors so that makes them two separate weapons? Isn't it more feasible that they decided to change the paint job in the development process?

Zap guns are the separated versions, you combine them to make the Wave gun. Or so it was my understanding.

As of the g4 Thimbu ma bobber it is the wave gun ( one assault rifle duel pistol thingy ma jigger) then the porters x2 zap gun duel wield when separated( and that's very impressive clipping to just change the weapon exactly in two dif clips)

So recap zap gun + wave gun= wave gun+ zap gun