Wavegun uses the Ray Gun?

ShangriLa

If you look at 3:05 of this video, you will see that the Wavegun can be taken apart to become the "Porter's X2 Zap Gun Dual Wield.

bTxAcZfOpQQ

The one on the left shoots the same exact bullets as the "Porter's X2 Ray Gun". When the Wavegun isn't PaPed it has a blue part and a red part. The Ray Gun non PaPed is red. This leads me to believe the Wavegun uses the Ray Gun.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you would need to make modifications to the gun to fit it into a different gun. I am aware the Wave gun comes out as the Zap Guns but what's that gotta do with anything? As for the Ray Gun already seen in gameplay... so what? You can get more than 1 Ray Gun.

The red and blue zap guns come out of the box, so you're not adding a Ray-gun to that equation. You can get more than one ray-gun yes, but they're both completely different weapons. The only weapon in zombies that's based on the Ray-gun is the Winters Howl. Buuuuuuuuuut... I could easily eat my words.

Knowing the name of the upgraded Wave Gun's dual wield option is the Porters X2 Zap Gun, you might be onto something. Or maybe Porter just had a few different weapons under his belt.

I'm pretty sure the Ray Gun and Wave Gun will be two seperate entities though.

Yeah, what does the fact the Zap Guns come out of the box have to do with anything? I just made the connection that a red gun is shooting the same bullets as a Ray Gun which is also red. Both are made by Porter, so maybe if he saw how successful the Porter's Ray Gun was, he could have put it in the Porter's Zap Gun.

Yeah, what does the fact the Zap Guns come out of the box have to do with anything? I just made the connection that a red gun is shooting the same bullets as a Ray Gun which is also red. Both are made by Porter, so maybe if he saw how successful the Porter's Ray Gun was, he could have put it in the Porter's Zap Gun.

Oh.

OOOOOOOOOOHHH.

I thought you was getting at like, you have to get the ray-gun and a single zap gun and combine them or some shit.. I see what you're getting.. yeah sorry about that. D:

But yeah, the Ray-Guns original creator was Ludvig Maxis, and Porter made a superior version, as we know, the Porters X2 Ray-Gun. So I don't think that Porter created the original Zap Guns, but merely improved them. So possibly Maxis created the Zap Guns too?

But yeah, the Ray-Guns original creator was Ludvig Maxis, and Porter made a superior version, as we know, the Porters X2 Ray-Gun. So I don't think that Porter created the original Zap Guns, but merely improved them. So possibly Maxis created the Zap Guns too?

doesnt it say in the terminal second generation ray gun made by H. Porter or something? Because the Ray Gun upgraded I think isn't the X2 just like how the upgraded wunderwaffe isnt the dg-3 (Thundergun is the DG-3 as richtofen says) I think the second generation ray gun is the porters x2 zap gun dual wield or whatever its called

doesnt it say in the terminal second generation ray gun made by H. Porter or something? Because the Ray Gun upgraded I think isn't the X2 just like how the upgraded wunderwaffe isnt the dg-3 (Thundergun is the DG-3 as richtofen says) I think the second generation ray gun is the porters x2 zap gun dual wield or whatever its called

wunderwaffe upgraded is dg-3. its in the name! thats more of a fact than a quote that questions whether the thundergun is the the dg-3. and ray gun upgraded= porters x2 raygun. the x2 most likely means its an upgrade on the original design of it. so that means there mustve been some original zapgun or maybe it was the wunderwaffe and porter repurposed it into dual wielded pistols.

wunderwaffe upgraded is dg-3. its in the name! thats more of a fact than a quote that questions whether the thundergun is the the dg-3. and ray gun upgraded= porters x2 raygun. the x2 most likely means its an upgrade on the original design of it. so that means there mustve been some original zapgun or maybe it was the wunderwaffe and porter repurposed it into dual wielded pistols.

The original Zap Guns are what they are un-PaP'd.

Man, I've just got to comment on how bad the G4 commentators are. I mean, you would think G4 would have some people that have played the zombie maps before??!! They don't even mention the new obvious things, like mule kick perk, spas weapon drop, wave gun, etc.

Weird things they say (and what they hell they are talking about):

- "new" zombie pet enemies! (Nova 6 zombies)

- looks like it's on earth, unless the sun is rising (Area 51)

- you start on earth then get in a ship and fly to the moon (teleporters)

- buy from Pandora's box (Mystery Box)

- a grenade of dynamite (QED bomb)

- shoot him with the red gun... (wave gun)

Sheesh!

i dont know if this has been said but what if you cant physically get the wave gun. u have to physically get the raygun and volt gun and then they combine to make the wave gun. justa thought though. obviously the wave gun will most likely have something to do with the easter egg so maybe this adds a new challenge to it. all of this is a theory meant to bring a new idea to the table so please dont flame. cheers

i dont know if this has been said but what if you cant physically get the wave gun. u have to physically get the raygun and volt gun and then they combine to make the wave gun. justa thought though. obviously the wave gun will most likely have something to do with the easter egg so maybe this adds a new challenge to it. all of this is a theory meant to bring a new idea to the table so please dont flame. cheers

Luckily, this isn't true. We've seen the Dual Wield Zap Gun in the box (both pieces at once). So once you get it you can just hit left on the D-pad to combine them.

so wait we get the zap guns out of the box or the porters x2 zap guns out of the box. this is where im unclear.

Porter's X2 Zap Gun is the PaPed Wavegun taken apart.

so then Zap Gun comes out of box. well then the zap gun is probably a gun designed by some other guy and upgraded by Porter. fhances are the guy who created the zap gun based his designs off of the wunderwaffe and the ray gun due to similarities to both.