Call of Duty Iron Wolf? Real or not?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

ARE PEOPLE RETARDED

Team Deathmatch is a common gametype in many games. Just because it says Team Deathmatch, it doesnt make it a call of duty game.

SECOND,

Iron Wolf? Really? Treyarch NOR Infinity Ward would be so stupid as to give their game a name only a 12 year old could love.

AND THIRD

It even says T6 in the picture and has a picture of a terminator. WHAT WOULD T6 EVEN STAND FOR?

GOD DAMN

ARE PEOPLE RETARDED

Team Deathmatch is a common gametype in many games. Just because it says Team Deathmatch, it doesnt make it a call of duty game.

SECOND,

Iron Wolf? Really? Treyarch NOR Infinity Ward would be so stupid as to give their game a name only a 12 year old could love.

AND THIRD

It even says T6 in the picture and has a picture of a terminator. WHAT WOULD T6 EVEN STAND FOR?

GOD DAMN

Despite being wrong or not does not give you the right to call people retarded. People are intitled to there own opinions and beliefs and even though I think this is probably fake but it doesn't make anyone who belives it stupid. Also...Iron Wolf sounds very familiar for some reason.

ARE PEOPLE RETARDED

SECOND,

AND THIRD

GOD DAMN

whoa lets just flame the earth one crisspy ass person at a time jackass

What does "Iron Wolf" mean in this case? "Iron" could make reference to the "Iron Curtain", another name for the Eastern Bloc, Warsaw Pact, or overall Soviet rulership. "Wolf" makes me think "Reznov", but what if Alex Mason could be a wolf in his own right? He's a lone wolf. After the events of Black Ops, he tried to see his family but it all went awry, and to make matters worse there's a burn notice for him, meaning that US government agents (most likely CIA SAD operatives) will be hunting him down throughout ever corner of the globe.

These are just my opinions, anyway.

EDIT/UPDATE

Holy shit; look what I found.Herp-derp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Wolf_(Lithuania)

Iron Wolf (Geležinis Vilkas, also known as the Iron Wolf Association or the Iron Wolves) was a Lithuanian fascist movement formed by Augustinas Voldemaras in 1927. Set up as a guard movement for Voldemaras' Tautininkai, the Iron Wolves were used by Voldemaras to target his political opponents.The movement was banned in 1930, although it continued as an underground group. In 1934 its members attempted a failed coup d'etat against the president Antanas Smetona (former honorary leader who broke with the organizations earlier). Voldemaras was arrested, released in 1938 and he soon emigrated. During the Second World War and German occupation of Lithuania, many members of the organization collaborated with German authorities.

The name of the organization comes from the story of Gediminas' dream, popularized in Adam Mickiewicz's poem, Pan Tadeusz.

And of Gediminas, who on Ponary's crest,

Warm in hunter's bearskin, lay down to rest.

Soothed by the songs of the wise Lizdejko,

Lulled by the rush of the sweet Vilejko,

He saw a wolf of iron in his dreams.

Could be relevant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Wolf_(Lithuania)

Iron Wolf (Geležinis Vilkas, also known as the Iron Wolf Association or the Iron Wolves) was a Lithuanian fascist movement formed by Augustinas Voldemaras in 1927. Set up as a guard movement for Voldemaras' Tautininkai, the Iron Wolves were used by Voldemaras to target his political opponents.The movement was banned in 1930, although it continued as an underground group. In 1934 its members attempted a failed coup d'etat against the president Antanas Smetona (former honorary leader who broke with the organizations earlier). Voldemaras was arrested, released in 1938 and he soon emigrated. During the Second World War and German occupation of Lithuania, many members of the organization collaborated with German authorities.

The name of the organization comes from the story of Gediminas' dream, popularized in Adam Mickiewicz's poem, Pan Tadeusz.

And of Gediminas, who on Ponary's crest,

Warm in hunter's bearskin, lay down to rest.

Soothed by the songs of the wise Lizdejko,

Lulled by the rush of the sweet Vilejko,

He saw a wolf of iron in his dreams.

Could be relevant?

Oh wow; that's cool. Cholest, er, brains for you. [brains]

Um. I advise you to check back at the Seven Sins link. All the videos have been removed due to copyright claims from Activision...

If we know anything by now, If Activision get rid of it, they're trying to hide it. This could be something guys. Keep your ears to the ground. 8-)

I only ever checked that page twice, but interesting now that you bring this update up. For all I know you can still Google images of the COD:IW logo.

Yeah, Activision going to Google and claiming copyright on the Iron Wolf videos is pretty huge. If it were fake, they wouldn't really care about it. But if it were real, if there were an actual leak, well, of course they'd be pissed and they'd want those videos taken down ASAP.

I say these are real until I see something else. I'm sure the first legit rumors will start appearing around the New Year, when the MW3 craze begins to die down. :D

So everyone thinks Iron Wolf is a phoney name? Wow....how soon we forget. Remember when Call of the Dead was announced and everyone thought that wasn't gonna be the name? People were more content with "Survive." But Call of the Dead turned out to be a pretty cool name considering it was a game based on a director of zombie movies. Don't knock anything till you find out for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope no stupid idiots try to create a fake backstory to promote their band AGAIN.

A stupid idiot huh? Oxymoron for the win? Anyway, I would like to see where this Iron Wolf leads too....

An oxymoron is pairing two opposite things, like "little giant." Sorry, English class has gotten to me.

I doubt that Treyarch is already testing the game online this early. Also, why would there be a Terminator 6 icon?

It is real. Not fake. The most logical answer is MW3 internal beta. Internal means open to all ATVI employees. BO had First Strike and a pic of a nuke. MW3 has Iron Wolf and a pic of T6 to throw people off. Team Deathmatch, is common among games, but most identifiable in CoD. Treyarch would be way too early in development to even have a working Multiplayer for the game. Odds are they are building a new engine atm. What this is, is either MW3 testing, or testing the netcode.

It is real. Not fake. The most logical answer is MW3 internal beta. Internal means open to all ATVI employees. BO had First Strike and a pic of a nuke. MW3 has Iron Wolf and a pic of T6 to throw people off. Team Deathmatch, is common among games, but most identifiable in CoD. Treyarch would be way too early in development to even have a working Multiplayer for the game. Odds are they are building a new engine atm. What this is, is either MW3 testing, or testing the netcode.

kudos and [brains] for the logic

ARE PEOPLE RETARDED

SECOND,

AND THIRD

GOD DAMN

Sorry, all.

I was in a angry/ depressed mood that day. DOn't know why I felt the need to be a dick. I really apologize, because I had the capacity to hold my thoughts, but for some reason I didn't. Please dont hate me :(