Wave gun? Different kind of waves?

bagelboy571

Hey everyone, first post here (apparently its my second, my bad.) I just felt that something I saw during the new zombies trailer might be worth sharing.

So as we all know, the "wave gun" shoot waves, most of the posts concerning this refereed to this as microwaves. Microwaves were confirmed by the trailer, but as I started watching through the trailer more, I noticed another weapon that looked very similar to the wave gun, only difference, it shot "purple" After my basic freshmen science class, i have learned that there are multiple kinds of waves, whether is be gamma waves, or microwaves. To wrap this post into one big bow, one poster, I wanna say "zombie bunneh" (sorry!) had a theory that there were different pieces to the wave gun, that had different effects. Now, what if that "purple shot" was a product of a different wave gun, a different kind of wave, Ultra Violet waves can commonly be thought of as purple, This specific breed of wave gun shot ultra-violet waves, instead of microwaves. What if, lets say for example that there are 3 wave pistols, and the 9 different combinations all equal another kind of radiation "waves"... idk about you guys but that sounds pretty cool to me, I'd be amazed though if it actually ended up happening that way,

I'm curious what you guys think about this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, first post here (apparently its my second, my bad.) I just felt that something I saw during the new zombies trailer might be worth sharing.

So as we all know, the "wave gun" shoot waves, most of the posts concerning this refereed to this as microwaves. Microwaves were confirmed by the trailer, but as I started watching through the trailer more, I noticed another weapon that looked very similar to the wave gun, only difference, it shot "purple" After my basic freshmen science class, i have learned that there are multiple kinds of waves, whether is be gamma waves, or microwaves. To wrap this post into one big bow, one poster, I wanna say "zombie bunneh" (sorry!) had a theory that there were different pieces to the wave gun, that had different effects. Now, what if that "purple shot" was a product of a different wave gun, a different kind of wave, Ultra Violet waves can commonly be thought of as purple, This specific breed of wave gun shot ultra-violet waves, instead of microwaves. What if, lets say for example that there are 3 wave pistols, and the 9 different combinations all equal another kind of radiation "waves"... idk about you guys but that sounds pretty cool to me, I'd be amazed though if it actually ended up happening that way,

i like how you are thinking but UV light isnt harmful enough.

1st off UV will only burn the zombies skin or exposed flesh and im pretty sure thats not gonna kill a zombie.

2nd UV light's wave lenghts are shorter than that of normal light meaning its invisble to the naked eye, therefor you couldnt see a gun "shooting" UV light. Plus the thing would have unlimited ammo because you would just be turning a bulb on and off lol

1st off UV will only burn the zombies skin or exposed flesh and im pretty sure thats not gonna kill a zombie.

2nd UV light's wave lenghts are shorter than that of normal light meaning its invisble to the naked eye, therefor you couldnt see a gun "shooting" UV light. Plus the thing would have unlimited ammo because you would just be turning a bulb on and off lol

Well i didnt know that much, i just thought it was a kind of fun theory, not trying to be too seroius :D

well you wouldnt be able to see microwaves either...otherwise the inside of a microwave (oven) would look like some geeky disco :lol: Also, the Ray Gun's rays would look like laser beams instead of..ray gun rays, if Treyarch gave a crap about realism in a game with ZOMBIES in it.

My pointing-out-the-obvious-rediculousness-of-zombies theory will now conclude with the fact that, in Shangri La you shoot a gun that has a dragon statue on it for the gun's firing mechanism. Since everyone knows dragon statues make for excellent weapons, I suppose you would be completely right. sadly, they only make for good weapons when you throw them. Not to mention the gun is a shrink ray that happens to shrink everything EXCEPT for the zombies' heads.

Im jus sayin XD

Whoa, I just realized you made a reference to my theory that had died a couple days ago.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15454

Here's the link just in case anyone wants to revive it :D

Also...I kinda discovered that the first pic of the wave gun I posted did shoot that same purple gas as the other gun I described, I just didn't realize it until I saw the trailer again. Sorry to ruin your theory, but that purple gas is related to the microwaves somehow :( . Note that it explodes first then starts to cook the affected zombies in the radius of the explosion with microwaves, perhaps this will lead you to another great post.

Good job taking my theory one step further, you'll fit right in with us at CODZ