Do we start off at Area 51? (picture)

Legend

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the space suit is used to push up on D-Pad.
here is more proof they start on the moon:

area 51 is PAP [also note the phasing zombie in the middle that kinda looks grim reaperish and new perk symbol]

Looking at the bottom picture more thoroughly you see a black semi0circle at the top of the screen. (both pictures have these circles, as well as some distortion just below it). In the top picture it is clear that the character has the space suit but the bottom one less apparent. This is also seen in the trailers where the characters are outside on the moon. Does this mean that where ever they are at you need the space suit? or at least they have it on just because. If they need the space suit then that means there is no atmosphere, which leads on to the fact that they may not be in area 51 but still on the moon, just in a different area. I am however hopeful that area 51 is a part of the moon map.

I dont know, that seems extremely bright and sunny to be zombies. Perhaps that was just the map in it's early stages of development??

If you do start off in Area 51, then that means you'll be able to teleport from A51 to the Moon at will. I say that because thre's another image going around of the player using Mustang and Sallys at Area 51. So either you can teleport back and forth between the two, or you start at Moon and PaP at A51 (which doesn't make sense with your theory though)

Just my opinion on it...

If you go to the alley to kino, it's quite bright and sunny outside.

I dont know, that seems extremely bright and sunny to be zombies. Perhaps that was just the map in it's early stages of development??

If you do start off in Area 51, then that means you'll be able to teleport from A51 to the Moon at will. I say that because thre's another image going around of the player using Mustang and Sallys at Area 51. So either you can teleport back and forth between the two, or you start at Moon and PaP at A51 (which doesn't make sense with your theory though)

Just my opinion on it...

Yeah it is too bright to be on a planet and to be artificial lighting. It looks like the sun glinting of glass windows.

Just my opinion on it...

Very true, good point. But besides the one outside area of the map, Kino is relatively dark.

Oh and I just realized how stupid my comment is after thinking about Shangri-La.

What about like Verruckt? Remember? When they were split up ONE group had Quick Revive and the other group had Juggernog. So maybe it will be the same.

and DR had quick revive quite far from the start and SNN had it random. Though EVERY black ops map has it in the starting room due to solo gameplay. Not saying it's impossible to begin in a different room. But it's about as likely as getting some new (non wonder) weapons in the box.

So if we do start out on the moon, then why when we get to area 51 do we have no Round Counter?

So when you get to Area 51 is there like an objective now?

What do you mean? Some screenshots show Area 51 and Round 1 right where it should be... though the guy in the video was editing it, I have no idea if that means we start in Area 51, or teleport there.

and DR had quick revive quite far from the start and SNN had it random. Though EVERY black ops map has it in the starting room due to solo gameplay

I agree with thylacine, I don't have enough evidence for myself to say where it starts out, because there is alot pointing both ways... DR had quick revive across the map, SNN had it random, Kino was sunny outside so the sky doesn't have too much relevancy to me, and I remember reading somewhere that zombies overran Area 51 and then our 4 buddies went to the moon, but that's what i've heard, I don't know if it was confirmed or if that was a level description or what... Plus in DR pack a punch was right behind where you spawned.

As for it starting on the moon, there is quick revive on the moon (not necessarily in the spawn room if you were to spawn on the moon) and so did all the other black ops maps and this IS a black ops map. Also you can see the PaP in area 51 and in all the BO maps it didn't spawn in the spawn (except for CotD but that varied)

Believe what you wan't, but we will all find out (or at least xbox players will) on the 23rd.

Notice that both in Moon and this PC mod the player has a mask/space suit that blocks a portion of the player's vision. In this PC mod the gas mask will stop the Nova Gas from killing the player. But as the player gets damaged the mask begins to crack and Gas starts to enter.

The Space Suit on Moon probably has a similar effect. Maybe it protects the player from the Nova Crawler's gas. Or (more likely) it will protect the player from the lack of oxygen on the moon.

zQpNXKmXKhI

My two cents.

I thought about posting this earlier, but then thought about all the talk it would get against the idea, but now I really just don't give a rats crap. lOL.

So with the whole "There's no Round Counter when you're in area 51" talk. Honestly now that I've had more time to think about it, here's what I have to say about it.

I remember reading or hearing the description for Moon and how it kind of went like, "After out Heroes were overrun in Area 51, they fled to the Moon in hopes of finding out the final answers to the Zombie outbreak." or something more official than that. And it made me think, "We've never been to Area 51 yet. At all." but then I thought about some of the other maps; 'Five' and CoTD in particular. If I remember correctly, feel free to correct me if Im wrong, those were the only two maps that had Intro videos. Pretty much leading in the story of that map.

What I thought of for Moon was a playable prologue.

Now why would they start you off with PaP'ched guns? Well in 'Five' our heroes grabbed guns off the walls and were ready to go ape shizz on those Zombies, but then we all started off with Pistols. Why does that matter in any sense? Well whether it was a fake Leak or not I don't really care for it, obvi why I read the Leak the guy said to activate the PaP you'd have to activate Ten switches around the map. Now going by what we've seen so far from all of hte preview trailers, Moon Has to be the biggest map created. By far. Which in turn would mean a hell load of doors.

In turn, the playable prologue would simply be kind of like a Round 30 set up with a bunch of Zombies and you have to fight off until you're pretty much overrun, then in turn you have to flee and fly off to Moon where you really start. Reason why Quick Revive is in that room.

This is definitely just a farfetch'd idea, but Im just throwing in my two since. Hahha. Ok. All done.