Area-51 To Moon? Huh What?

FooToo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Area 51 is the starting area then where is Quick Revive? Quick Revive is always in the spawn room, you said that yourself in the OP. I wouldn't read too much into the Mustang & Sally being present, if you remember from COTD's trailer it showed PaP guns on level 1. When the devs make a trailer they play with the rules of the game world or just outright break them.

Your rounds do not count when at area 51 so when you spawn at Area-51 you need to take the teleporter to Moon and then you start. All the information i have provided shows and says Area-51 is the spawn Even with the new posted Gameplay it shows no round counter when at Area-51 and it does on Moon. To believe or not is your own choice im just making it clear for everyone else. :P

If Area 51 is the starting area then where is Quick Revive? Quick Revive is always in the spawn room, you said that yourself in the OP.

Not necessarily. Was it in the spawn point in Der Riese? No. Shi No Numa? No. Verruckt? Yes and No. It depends. Remember what they said about the Moon map? They said it will have something from every map. Not only Black Ops maps. So maybe just maybe, we will start off split up (Like Verruckt),and find Quick Revive (Like all the World at War maps :lol: ). You never know what 3arch is going to come up with. Did we know we would be kicking zombie baby's in the face in Paradise? No.

/rant

If Area 51 is the starting area then where is Quick Revive? Quick Revive is always in the spawn room, you said that yourself in the OP.

Not necessarily. Was it in the spawn point in Der Riese? No. Shi No Numa? No. Verruckt? Yes and No. It depends. Remember what they said about the Moon map? They said it will have something from every map. Not only Black Ops maps. So maybe just maybe, we will start off split up (Like Verruckt),and find Quick Revive (Like all the World at War maps :lol: ). You never know what 3arch is going to come up with. Did we know we would be kicking zombie baby's in the face in Paradise? No.

/rant

[brains] To you Sir [brains] to you :)

They said Area 51 didn't exist as a map, but they didn't say that it couldn't be part of a map, so this could be completely possible and I wouldn't put it pass Treyarch to do something like this. The lighting also suggests that the second picture could be Area 51. The moon map itself looked like it had very darkened lighting, kind of like Acsension, whereas when the dev is on his computer, which looks to be Area 51; it is very sunny out and has a very positive vibe to it. This lighting/vibe can be seen in Nuketown and Hangar 18.

The only other possible explanation is that there could be changes of time, but that still could not explain what the American flag is for, so I am going to have to say that we are definitely going to be visiting Area 51. How exactly I don't know but both the idea of starting there and Phillips describing how that is where the PaP is are both possible explanations.

Gotta disagree on all fronts buddy.

First of all on the moon area has Quick Revive, all Black Ops zombie maps have quick revive in the starting area. I know it wasnt present like that in the old WAW maps becuase they didnt have the mechanic to revive yourself when playing solo. But in black ops with the updated gameplay quick revive is in the starting room.

Its not 'weird' that he has M&S in the starting room, he could of just easily ran back to the area after PaP'ing it.

Also the characters in both of those screens are NOT the same. In the first pic (moon) the character has black gloves on, Richtoffen, and in the 2nd pic (51) the character has bare hands, Tank. So there is no connection between the 2 screenshots.

Lastly the screen shot with the dev proves nothing. He wasnt playing the game so he'd have no reason to have any other gun but the default pistol or get points. He was doing whatever devs do. He could of easily no clipped to the area 51...area lol.

also if you look at this pic of the loading screen

http://i52.tinypic.com/1zc3b5j.png

It looks as if the pyramid from shangrila flew them to the moon. The first panel has a pyramid shaped object over the moon and in the 3rd panel you can see the steps of the pyramid on the upper right.

First of all on the moon area has Quick Revive, all Black Ops zombie maps have quick revive in the starting area. I know it wasnt present like that in the old WAW maps becuase they didnt have the mechanic to revive yourself when playing solo. But in black ops with the updated gameplay quick revive is in the starting room.

Its not 'weird' that he has M&S in the starting room, he could of just easily ran back to the area after PaP'ing it.

Also the characters in both of those screens are NOT the same. In the first pic (moon) the character has black gloves on, Richtoffen, and in the 2nd pic (51) the character has bare hands, Tank. So there is no connection between the 2 screenshots.

Lastly the screen shot with the dev proves nothing. He wasnt playing the game so he'd have no reason to have any other gun but the default pistol or get points. He was doing whatever devs do. He could of easily no clipped to the area 51...area lol.

It looks as if the pyramid from shangrila flew them to the moon. The first panel has a pyramid shaped object over the moon and in the 3rd panel you can see the steps of the pyramid on the upper right.

Now that makes some sense... [brains] Bossman.

Also. Welcome to the forums. Great to have you.

That made no sense whatsoever.. from what we saw yesterday from the Inside xbox video they can take off their helmets and keep the suit on. How would you know if he wasn't wearing a suit the time he was on moon with the screenshot i provided?

To have them go straight from Shangri-La to the Moon is far-fetched and wrong it doesn't add up right story wise and would make things very complicated for the cast. If they were brought there on the pyramid from Shangri-La how would they breath? How would they survive the extreme temperatures without the space suits? It doesnt add up quite right. Now if the cast were brought from Shangri-La to Area-51 and they had a cut scene as we have seen a bit off with the crawler it would add to the story tenfold and would be more exciting as a finale in whole. So far we have not seen any type of Round Counter when they are at Area-51 yet we see the PaP there. Considering we did see a dev start a game with no round counter and 500 points with a pistol; is a big hint towards where you start considering i see stairs and places you can go. Not only that but when we did see possibly the same character with the PaP M&S it was in the Moon's Starting Room. Believe what you want to believe but im just trying to make you see what is more understandable with the facts and information we have at hand.

To me Personally i believe we start At Area-51 after the Intro/Cut Scene and they are talking most likely about an outbreak or the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone and how they need to do something with it. They are constantly being attacked by zombies till they use the teleporter to the Moon and then the real game starts.

;)

Its nazi zombies. Treyarch go out of their way to make things as crazy and far fetched as possible.

For example how did they go from from deir rise to kino? Time travel, that pretty far fetched if you ask me. And how did they connect it into the terms of the story, they had the loading screen with a picture of them in a teleporter with years next to it. And then one line of dialogue "Who would of thought that the teleporter was capable of time travel". Seems like the same thing here. They have that loading screen of what looks to me as the pyramid from Shangri-La coming to the moon and all they really have to do to explain how they breathe etc etc is pretty much like kino. Just add in a line of dialogue to explain it. "Good thing this magic time traveling pyramid had a force field and some air to breathe and we crashed right next to the space station" It makes as much sense as a time traveling temple that cause eclipses. ;)

Im my opinion it sounds more far fetched that treyarch put in the effort to elaborate how they actually ended up going to the moon with a pre game stage of you starting off in area 51 and you take a teleporter to the moon where the real game would begin. Because since aside from load screens and bits of dialouge they never put much thought into explaining how the characters travel map to map.

Its nazi zombies. Treyarch go out of their way to make things as crazy and far fetched as possible.

For example how did they go from from deir rise to kino? Time travel, that pretty far fetched if you ask me. And how did they connect it into the terms of the story, they had the loading screen with a picture of them in a teleporter with years next to it. And then one line of dialogue "Who would of thought that the teleporter was capable of time travel". Seems like the same thing here. They have that loading screen of what looks to me as the pyramid from Shangri-La coming to the moon and all they really have to do to explain how they breathe etc etc is pretty much like kino. Just add in a line of dialogue to explain it. "Good thing this magic time traveling pyramid had a force field and some air to breathe and we crashed right next to the space station" It makes as much sense as a time traveling temple that cause eclipses. ;)

Im my opinion it sounds more far fetched that treyarch put in the effort to elaborate how they actually ended up going to the moon with a pre game stage of you starting off in area 51 and you take a teleporter to the moon where the real game would begin. Because since aside from load screens and bits of dialouge they never put much thought into explaining how the characters travel map to map.

So then taking a Magical Pyramid with a force field isnt farfetched but teleporting to Area-51 then To moon is farfetched?

Magical Pyramid in storyline/plot terms, nope.

Area 51 to Moon in development terms, yes.

I just dont see Treyarch putting development time into something thats just there for exposition.

Honestly it could be that they went to the moon from 51 plotwise buuut I just dont see them incorporating it into the gameplay.