CotD Early Round Solo Strategy?

I find that for most Zombie maps, the early rounds (5-10) are the toughest because, most of the time, you don't have good weapons and perks but there are still quite a few zombies coming after you. So... that being said, there is not a map that shows this more than Call of the Dead. I can't, for the love of God, build up enough points to get jug and even now I'm still not very familiar with the map. So can someone please tell me a good way to get juggernog in a relatively short amount of time? Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use your knife up to round 4/5 and then buy an M14. Build as many points as possible then buy ammo and get the power on. After that go from the power boat to the Juggernog boat (on that little jump ramp thingy.) Buy an MP40 if you want to live. And then get points for juggernog. It's what I do.Also watch your back. Just run loops in the starting area and then use your weaker gun to get points if you want an early and easy strategy. Then just make a crawler and get Juggernaught.I usually get it by round 6-8.

I plan to eventually make a video series on this topic and put it on my youtube channel. Unfortunately my PC has been down for awhile, and with the new Moon map coming out soon, it might be a month or so before I get to produce the video. Anyways....

I think I have the best strategy for the early rounds in CotD. I've tested and refined it many times over, and can guarantee you'll get Jugg by the end of round 5. The early rounds are all about point whoring your way to the Jugg perk.

Rd 1 - Shoot zombies 6 x's in the body + knife, or shoot 8 x's in the leg + knife to maximize your points. Also, try to line up your zombies for collateral bullet damage as much as possible. Make sure you have a zombie coming through the window, to maximize your rebuild points.

Rd 2 - Open up canoe to the boat area, and grab the MPL. Shoot zombies 3 x's + knife to maximize points. Reason for this is, I like the MPL slightly more than the MP5K for early game point whoring. Go back to the start area, and open the canoe towards the lighthouse. By the end of Rd 2 you should have enough points to open up the bottom snowy area.

Rd 3 & 4 - Stay in the snowy area at the bottom of the lighthouse. Wait for all the zombies to spawn in and train them, before killing them off. The goal is to maximize the amount of points you get per bullet. Somewhere along the way you'll get a max ammo. As soon as you get this, start using your M1911 again. You can whore out more points with the M1911 than you can the MPL.

Rd 5 - Keep doing the same tactic of kiting the zombies at the bottom of the lighthouse, maximizing your points as much as possible. When there is only one zombie left, start making your way back to the boat, and open up all the doors on your way to Jugg. If you followed my strategy correctly, avoided nukes, and maximized your points well, you should be able to afford the Jugg perk. Once you pick up the Jugg perk, you might just have enough points left over to pick up Quick-Revive as well before the end of the round.

I like to get Jugg as soon as I can on CotD.

I usually stay in the first room til Round 4 or 5. I buy the M14 and QR to ensure there's no probelms going down. The M14 should be more than enough to survive the early rounds, just go for headshots.

Then I head up to the power room boat and buy the MPL. Stay on the first level for as long as you can then head upstairs. Buy the M16 if you need it. Camp at the top of the power room area (without opening the power room door). Just watch the stairs and the one window, back up to the zipline if it gets crazy, and take it if you get overrun. There usually wont be many left after you take the zipline, but run circles by QR if you need to until the end of the round.Stay up there until you earn 5500 points, then make a crawler, turn on the power, and go buy jugg.

From there you can run circles wherever you feel best. I usually run circles at the bottom or 2nd level of the lighthouse, depending on what doors you open.

The key is really to get Jugg as soon as you can on this map.

I will try and post a vid I made the other day of how to get Sickle ASAP, round 4. It's not the greatest quality as I was playing around with some settings but at the minute I'm struggling to get my new capture card working correctly.

It's definitely watchable. Once you have the sickle you can camp for a fair time at the bottom of the ice slide area without having to drop down to the front of the lighthouse, you can prob stay with minimum risk until round 8.

A good way to get jug in the early rounds is to shoot the zombies (don't kill them) and knife them to finished them off. Shoot 4-6 times, then knife. I got Jug, Quick revive, Speed Cola, and Double Tap by the end of round 5 (with the help of George Romero of course).

A lot of people are going to tell you what they would do. You sound like you may be playing CotD for your first time and I don't know how experienced you are in determining the zombies movements. After playing zombies for so long you can kind of figure out where they go and how they move. So I'm going to try to help you by assuming your new to zombies.

In CotD if you want to survive a lot of rounds in the beginning this is what you do. The fisrt round just stab the zombies. Round 2 pump 8 shots into their legs and then knife them. If you can get 2 or 3 zombies to stand in a line, you'll get 20-30 points per bullet. If you have 2 zombies standing in a line and your shooting their legs 8 times, after the zombie in front dies, make sure you only shoot the one behind it only 5-6 times because of the damage you already did to him while the other zombie was in front of it.

Before each round, take George to the opposite side of the rock in the middle. That way he'll be out of your way for the most part. If your starting the round on either side of the rock, shoot the guys coming up from the ground in round 3. Get as many as you can then when it gets crowded, run to the island with Quick Revive. Grab the M14 before you do this, it's only 500 points. Once your on the island shoot everything you can then run and hop in the water when they get close and do some ducking and weaving not allowing the zombies to even get close to you.

Just keep repeating that until your at round 6 or 7 and you'll have enough for all the doors to power and you should have enough to open Jugg and buy it. Just remember, if you want to turn the power on and buy Juggernog you'll need EXACTLY 7500 points. I always try to buy the MP-40 on the way to Juggernog but you'll need 8500 points to do that.

After you have your Juggernog and your MP-40 a good place to camp for a while is the top of the ship by the power so you can take the zip line down when your in trouble. Do that every round until round 7 or 8 then open up the way to the back of the lighthouse and your golden. Hope this helped.

A lot of people are going to tell you what they would do. You sound like you may be playing CotD for your first time and I don't know how experienced you are in determining the zombies movements. After playing zombies for so long you can kind of figure out where they go and how they move. So I'm going to try to help you by assuming your new to zombies.

In CotD if you want to survive a lot of rounds in the beginning this is what you do. The fisrt round just stab the zombies. Round 2 pump 8 shots into their legs and then knife them. If you can get 2 or 3 zombies to stand in a line, you'll get 20-30 points per bullet. If you have 2 zombies standing in a line and your shooting their legs 8 times, after the zombie in front dies, make sure you only shoot the one behind it only 5-6 times because of the damage you already did to him while the other zombie was in front of it.

Before each round, take George to the opposite side of the rock in the middle. That way he'll be out of your way for the most part. If your starting the round on either side of the rock, shoot the guys coming up from the ground in round 3. Get as many as you can then when it gets crowded, run to the island with Quick Revive. Grab the M14 before you do this, it's only 500 points. Once your on the island shoot everything you can then run and hop in the water when they get close and do some ducking and weaving not allowing the zombies to even get close to you.

Just keep repeating that until your at round 6 or 7 and you'll have enough for all the doors to power and you should have enough to open Jugg and buy it. Just remember, if you want to turn the power on and buy Juggernog you'll need EXACTLY 7500 points. I always try to buy the MP-40 on the way to Juggernog but you'll need 8500 points to do that.

After you have your Juggernog and your MP-40 a good place to camp for a while is the top of the ship by the power so you can take the zip line down when your in trouble. Do that every round until round 7 or 8 then open up the way to the back of the lighthouse and your golden. Hope this helped.

Yeah this is good advice if you are new to the zombies.

One major thing that I think causes a lot of needless deaths especially for beginners is moving at the wrong time. The worse time to move when you don't have juggs is right at the start of a round. The area that you have opened will immediately have zombies spawning in it. Waiting for 60 seconds at the beginning of a round makes a huge difference. When you open anywhere try and post yourself at the next door you are going to open, this ensures nothing can spawn behind you in most cases. You can always then bail if you get overwhelmed.

In general if you don't know what you are doing moving mid round is going to create problems.

Until you are good at controlling groups it's really important to be in a position where you can't get suprised from behind, and have a way out for when shit hits the fan.

I get the sickle first, and then the AK47. Head back round the long way to turn the power on. It is fairly simple to survive to round 9 or 10 without the jug if you are armed with a sickle and AK47. Although i am an experienced player, i think a beginner might struggle with this strategy.

Thanks dude. I'm not really new to Zombies anymore, I can get pretty high on most maps, but I just can't figure out CotD. I'm gonna try this out right now. :)

Edit: Thanks for this! I did a bit of a twist on it and got jug at round six.

I tend to have Juggernaut by the end of Round 4 using this strategy.

Round 1 - Knife! Don't shoot 6 bullets into the zombies unless the zombies are lined up so you can get collateral damage.

Round 2 - Still knife! 5 pistol shots to the chest and a knife clean up zombies on this round and preferably you want to be out of pistol ammo by the end of this round.

Round 3 - By the M14, and shoot them twice before you knife. This round should be incredibly easy! If there is a big crowd so you can't knife, just headshot them but try to make the most of your knife.

Round 4 - 3 shots with the M14 and then a knife! Use the space you have in the starting area to your advantage and leave 1 zombie at the end of round. Head straight up to the power, turn it on, and buy your way to Juggernaut. You should have enough to buy Juggernaut if you followed this strategy!

I end up being on Round 10 with a 74u, Mustang & Sally, Jugg/PhD/Speed Cola/Quick Revive, Sickle and still money left over.

I tend to have Juggernaut by the end of Round 4 using this strategy.

I end up being on Round 10 with a 74u, Mustang & Sally, Jugg/PhD/Speed Cola/Quick Revive, Sickle and still money left over.

This is the aim, 4 perks, sickle, AK and M&S by 10.

The difference you can make just by moving your crosshairs up a little bit to the zombies head is amazing... "Herp derp, why would I want to shoot them in the head when I can waste ammo and get like 50 less points per kill?"

Oh and the box can wait, especially in Solo, because wall guns are incredibly effective until like Round 20, and then you pack-a-punch them and you don't even need to hit the box until 35+...

In short, wall guns + headshots are the way to go in zombies.