The Quantum Entanglement Device

LewisSpurs

Haven't seen much about this mentioned and wondered what peoples take on it is. Treyarch stated that it would be able to 'bless' or 'curse' a player. I'm assuming that it will be similar to the monkey bomb or Gersch device etc. in that it wont take up a primary/secondary weapon slot, but what could it do that can just as easily backfire on our favourite characters?

sorry if this has already been posted but i havent noticed it, and im trying to get a little more involved in the community :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it will take up the Tactical Grenade slot, I'm sure we will also be able to get the Gersch Devices from the box.

Here are some ideas on what it could randomly do:

- Disintigrate all zombies in the general area (Good)

- Automatically end round (Hugh mushroom cloud explosion) (Very good)

- Turns them back into the living, with spacesuits, who then might assist you or just waddle off (Ok)

- Makes all zombies bigger and stronger (Bad)

- Tunrs all zombies into Phaser zombies (Very bad)

Though it will take up the Tactical Grenade slot, I'm sure we will also be able to get the Gersch Devices from the box.

- Turns them back into the living, with spacesuits, who then might assist you or just waddle off (Ok)

If we had the QED and then got Gersch Devices from the box, would it simply replace it like it would a weapon, or maybe it will take a slot on the D-Pad similar to the claymores/spikemores.

1st one sounds interesting, a bit like a Wunderwaffe, maybe it could attack you too if you get too close, maybe making you really slow? I cant see it being the second one because that would just be like getting a nuke on demand. Third one sounds similar to the wonderweapon in CotD but then i dont see a 'curse' side to it. I have the same thought with the bottom two, whats a 'bless' side to them? oh and whats a Phaser Zombie?

I quite like the first idea but I would hope that whatever this device does it is more different to what we've seen before. Im trying to link something with the 'entanglement' part of the name that can be both positive and negative :S

I would Definitively look into Quantum mechanics as nothing said there is relevant to it, with that being said you should look specifically at Quantum Entanglement. It Talks about The EPR Paradox, Quantum Teleportation, and Quantum Mechanics. Its a bit interesting and sometimes hard to understand :)

through the wonders of science we have been able to (in real life). Entangle two photons, rip them apart, send one 10 miles away down a tunnel, and essentially teleport information between the two photons at faster than light speed(FTL). Though the accual photons do not move at the speed of light, if you turn one, the other instantaneously turns,thus the information between the two are moving ftl. NO LAG. similar to turnin a door knob. You turn one side the other automaticly turns the opposite direction depending on your pov. Another interesting tid bit is that photons also shift in and out of exsistance. They can spontaneously appear and disappear.

Now translating all of this into zombies is a whole other story. The QED could do a number of things. Teleport(though the gersh did this so its prolly not the main use)

Combine things (entanglement)

quantum level damage(essentially destroyin the atoms everything is made of)

etc.

There is a lot to look into through quantum mechanics. The photons appearing and dissappearing sound alot like the "phasing zombies"

as a side note off the record:

there are also theories in quantum mechanics stating that things are only there when we look at them, but when we turn away they are no longer there. now that would be crazy in zombies.

That 3rd one = BADDDDDD

We already have that piece of shit its called the VR-11 :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

That 3rd one = BADDDDDD

We already have that piece of shit its called the VR-11 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey don't hate the vr11! It can be a lifesaver with George and in co op it's a beast upgraded. Not that I usually let it take up a weapon slot :p