Rezurrection PS3 Release Date Theory

ZombicidalManiac

Everytime I've EVER gone to the official Black Ops site before when a map pack is about to release, it ALWAYS gives the XBOX release date, then it says "PS3 and PC info coming soon." BUT this time it just says "coming soon for PS3 and PC."

My theory for why this is, is because we aren't going to have to wait the full month this time. With Modern Warfare 3 on the way, and with all the complaints Treyarch and Activision have recieved from grieving PS3 and PC owners, maybe Activision and Microsoft came up with a deal that allows the contract to bend the rules a bit just this once.

When Escalation and Annihilation came out for XBOX it said "PS3 and PC Info coming soon" all the way up until one or two weeks before release. I know one time was because PSN was down, but for Annihilation it wasn't until 2 weeks before release that it said PS3 and PC coming soon. Then as the time got closer, it finally would give a date.

I just have a gut feelling it won't be a full month this time. I really hope not too because I'd love it if us PS3 and PC users could find all the secrets with you XBOX guys.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you don't get it. Microsoft and Activision has a contract til 2012 saying that the packs must be exclusive to Xbox 360 for at least a month's time. If either one breaks that contract, money will have to be paid...a LOT of money.You can't bend a contract, either. It's the big businesses, and Microsoft is that stuck-up rich 20 year old who won't stand if his rep changes of Software Corporations and Activision is the $2 whore of game companies. Neither will want to do anything out of the ordinary. I don't think we'll be seeing REZURRECTION on PS3 before September 23, 2011.

No, you don't get it. Microsoft and Activision has a contract til 2012 saying that the packs must be exclusive to Xbox 360 for at least a month's time. If either one breaks that contract, money will have to be paid...a LOT of money.You can't bend a contract, either. It's the big businesses, and Microsoft is that stuck-up rich 20 year old who won't stand if his rep changes of Software Corporations and Activision is the $2 whore of game companies. Neither will want to do anything out of the ordinary. I don't think we'll be seeing REZURRECTION on PS3 before September 23, 2011.

No, YOU don't get it. A contract can be breached if both parties agree to it. And YES, Activision would have to give money to Microsoft if any agreement was reached between them. But if Rezurrection is released for PS3 too close to MW3's release, they'll lose most of the sales they'd make if it had been released earlier because people have to save money to get these games and they know that. So lets say Microsoft will settle for a million dollars for a breach in contract, then Activision can still sell the expected amount of Rezurreciton map packs to the rest of consoles as opposed to selling it late September and only getting half of the expected amount. Trust me....I get it.

No, YOU don't get it. A contract can be breached if both parties agree to it. And YES, Activision would have to give money to Microsoft if any agreement was reached between them. But if Rezurrection is released for PS3 too close to MW3's release, they'll lose most of the sales they'd make if it had been released earlier because people have to save money to get these games and they know that. So lets say Microsoft will settle for a million dollars for a breach in contract, then Activision can still sell the expected amount of Rezurreciton map packs to the rest of consoles as opposed to selling it late September and only getting half of the expected amount. Trust me....I get it.

That bolded text WILL NEVER HAPPEN unfortunately...Activision won't give two shits because they know this MP will have nothing to do with sales of MW3 they screwed 3arc over with WaW

Well, either way, the're losing money. Releasing it less than 2 months for PS3 before MW3's release is really dumb IMO. September's my birthday, so I'm definitely getting it, but I fell out with MW2 after Black Ops, hopefully it doesn't happen this time.

• 2 weeks later...