WaW Der Riese vs BO Der Riese

I was seriously considering getting the Map Pack 3 on World at War since I heard incredible things about Der Riese. I never played the map before and I wasn't going to buy a Hardened or Prestige Edition for the maps. This was until they announced Rezurrection. 4 remastered maps and a new one got me hesitant towards just buying Der Riese.

I was wondering if there was any difference between the original and re-mastered editions. I know the re-mastered has the BO Mystery Box and a different PAP'ed skin. Is that it? Would I be missing anything special if I dont buy the original Der Riese? :?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would wait for the Black Ops versions release, not far away. The game play seems to be more fast paced and exciting. Obviously there's graphical improvements as well. Not to mention that not many people play W@W these days and when the new map pack comes out there will be hardly anyone playing it I'm guessing, people are gonna go nuts for these maps on Black Ops. Also it's better for solo cuz you have a working Quick Revive. I don't own the Black Ops version of the maps just yet but I have played them numerus times on my friend's PS3, definately gonna pre-order them when they're available on the Steam store.

Superhands: I didnt know Der Riese didnt have a working Quick Revive from the beginning. Interesting. You make sense when you say that not alot of people will be playing the WAW maps online. But to be honest, unless your in a party with friends, zombies online it too annoying. Most of them just go for the box immediately instead of opening up the map/going for juggernog anyway :x

Strwrsbob: The flamethrower was actually a huge reason why I was considering the WaW version. And isnt the BO Wunderwaffe weaker? 10 zombies even Pap'ed compared to the 24 that the WaW one has?

I'd say the WaW Der Riese is better, but considering this new map pack is coming out, you may as well get the BO version.

If you can buy both, then do it. I mean, the Flamethrower upgraded is amazing and the Wunderwaffe is better in WaW (although it can remove your Jugg for 5-10 seconds, whereas in BO that doesn't happen).

unless your in a party with friends, zombies online it too annoying. Most of them just go for the box immediately instead of opening up the map/going for juggernog anyway

True that's very annoying. But I think that's the beauty of the layout of Der Riese - the box always starts in the same place, and it doesn't matter what route you take to the box you'll open up the route to the power switch and Juggernog, and have a spot to camp-out 'til things get heavy. Everyone wins I guess :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Superhands: I didnt know Der Riese didnt have a working Quick Revive from the beginning. Interesting. You make sense when you say that not alot of people will be playing the WAW maps online. But to be honest, unless your in a party with friends, zombies online it too annoying. Most of them just go for the box immediately instead of opening up the map/going for juggernog anyway :x

Strwrsbob: The flamethrower was actually a huge reason why I was considering the WaW version. And isnt the BO Wunderwaffe weaker? 10 zombies even Pap'ed compared to the 24 that the WaW one has?

Truest statement ever said. This is why I don'tplay with random anymore. I'm just sick of opening all the doors, dying because of this and then people insult me because I died -__-