Reznov the blacked out picture?

Noob

So, I'm doing a playthrough of Black Ops on Veteran, and I'm near the end of Payback when Woods dies. When Mason regains consciousness he confuses Reznov as Woods, but Woods appears burnt or blacked out. So if you take a look at the video below and skip to 0:54 you can see what I mean.

1Ge4xCEP6Yo

Woods looks in a way similar to the blank image in Kino.

Now imagine Woods with his bandana off, and his hair shaved. To me his face structure looks somewhat similar to the Kino picture. Now "Mr. X" messaged Mason with news that Woods was alive and the lone American at the Hanoi Hilton. Is he alive? For all we know Mr. X could be some creep who tells lies, or he actually knows the truth.

Woods also has a 115 tattoo on his arm, so he could be included on the new Moon Map, or in a way part of the Moon's Easter Egg.

I've also seen this in another topic, another user teased at the idea that Woods had PHD Flopper on when he supposedly died. That could be somewhat possible. If Woods is somehow related to Zombies, besides the 115 tattoo, he could have PHD Flopper on. Now this could be a joke, or this happened. If you watched the Youtube video on the top it looks like Woods "dives to prone" with Kravchenko, followed by a big explosion. This is just another theory.

Any other theories anyone would like to share? Remember to post it. If not, I want to hear your opinions on this topic. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Here's the comparison. Borrowed it from another post.

As you can see the head structure of the Kino picture is not the same as the E.O.'s picture.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted on a different topic,

viewtopic.php?f=16&p=108137#p108137

"Remember, When Woods "Died" in the game you heard a number sequence (which is always heard when you see something that didn't happen and was altered by Mason's programming.) and then you see a shadowy figure that appears to be woods and sounds like him then mason blinks his eyes and sees Reznov (who wasn't there!!!!) hope this helps!!!"

This was my theory, but I forgot something but thanks to your video, I remembered that the numbers sequence began before the explosion and supposed death of woods. So... Maybe Kravchenko died instantly when he was stabbed or what if Mason reached the pistol in time to shoot Kravchenko. We will find out eventually....

But [brains] for reminding me of that part.

1Ge4xCEP6Yo

Woods looks in a way similar to the blank image in Kino.

Now imagine Woods with his bandana off, and his hair shaved. To me his face structure looks somewhat similar to the Kino picture. Now "Mr. X" messaged Mason with news that Woods was alive and the lone American at the Hanoi Hilton.

If he was at the hanoi hilton, they would've probably shaved his head and removed the bandana, so the blanked image could be from while he was in the hanoi hilton... I wonder if in Black ops 2, (hypothetically that they relaease a zombies dlc like Rezurrection is now where the black ops maps are in the sequel) you go to kino after beating the game, and the frame is restored with woods' face...................................................... Just a Theory.

Nobody seems to realize this, but you can find the actual portrait un-blacked out in the mission Executive Order. After you blow up the rocket and go underground one of the tunnels has a side tunnel/room. The portrait is in this room.

Here is a video: You can briefly see the portrait at around 8:41

syG16wcdjGM

This means it was probably just a hint that the next map would be in Balknour Cosmodrome. If anyone can get a better video or a picture that'd be great.

while i think this sounds plausible, isnt the fifth picture supposed to be the mexican?

The Mexican is dead.

Nobody seems to realize this, but you can find the actual portrait un-blacked out in the mission Executive Order. After you blow up the rocket and go underground one of the tunnels has a side tunnel/room. The portrait is in this room.

syG16wcdjGM

This means it was probably just a hint that the next map would be in Balknour Cosmodrome. If anyone can get a better video or a picture that'd be great.

I'll try to get the picture of the portrait later today, I'll add it next to the Kino picture to compare it.

Hey wait a minute, if Reznov was dead then that supposed black person might have been Woods helping him up?

Most likely, but I wonder where Woods was when Mason infiltrated Rebirth Island supposedly with (his imaginary friend) "Reznov".

From what i can tell, the portraits have the same outline and such. One flaw is that in the Kino version, you can see the collar line. In E.O. is you look closly at the portrait, you can barely tell out the collar line. But this is from a distance, so a close up of the non-blacked out one could help. Besides who is the portrait of anyways? Sorry to ask but i haven't played in a long time.

While i was looking at the blacked out picture, something struck me about the character in the pictures facial structure, as well as the way the hair is styled.

If you take a look at that picture, you will notice that reznovs facial structure, cheekbone to be exact, seems to match the outline of the blacked out picture. While it isnt a very good angle of reznov you can still see the dimple on his right cheek from this angle, and if you look at his hair in the top left corner it seems to match the point looking part of the blacked out pictures outline where the characters hair should be. Theres also another picture id like to show you.

Now ive seen a topic about this guy possibly being the person in the picture, but his head his more round, and the outline in the blacked out picture seems to have a crew cut or a haircut similar to reznov's. Also the area above his right ear is much shorter and much more curved leading up to his head than the outline in the blacked out picture.

It also seems to make a little more sense with the announcement of rezzurection, possibly hinting to more easter eggs involving reznov. Let me know what you think! :mrgreen:

syG16wcdjGM

Hey, I updated my post seems that the Executive Order painting isn't the same...