Battlefield 3 - Modern Warfare 3 | Which will you buy?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlefield 3.

Why? Well, let's look at this from a moneymakers point of view.

Activision has nightmares about Battlefield 3. They know that it will be a graphically superior game, and from the looks of it the gameplay looks of it, the gameplay looks better too. If more people play Battlefield 3 than MW3, Activision will only have one thing. (And this is where I get happy in the pants)

Zombies.

If MW3 fails to live up to expectations, the only way Activision could go is with more Zombies. And that is why I will be buying Battlefield 3. Modern Warfare has had its day, but it's time for Battlefield to take the multiplayer load, and then in 2012, everyone on these boards will cry tears of joy because we will have Zombies. :) :) :)

If I really had to choose one, MW3. I'm not of fan of battlefield's gameplay, and I don't give a crap about graphics. In saying this, I really don't have expectations for MW3, but I know a few months in people are going to whine like babies about something overpowered, just like past CoDs. I hate the CoD community so much...

Both.

But look at this, They are two different games and each attracts it's own crowd.

Battlefield

-----------

*Tactical

*Realistic

*Slow paced

*Bigger Maps

Etc.

Call Of Duty

------------

*Run & Gun

*Not Realistic

*Fast Paced

*Small Maps

Etc.

You really can't compare them just because they are in the FPS genre.

None, but if it was for my life, MW3, mainly because that my friends will all be playing it. Onto the next thing, I am not so sure there will be another CoD game, after this(at least not until 2013) they need to take a brake for a year. With Elite they are quickly hurdling into the hole Guitar Hero dug.

• 4 weeks later...

Both.

But look at this, They are two different games and each attracts it's own crowd.

Battlefield

-----------

*Tactical

*Realistic

*Slow paced

*Bigger Maps

Etc.

Call Of Duty

------------

*Run & Gun

*Not Realistic

*Fast Paced

*Small Maps

Etc.

You really can't compare them just because they are in the FPS genre.

You smart man. This is true.

Personally I will be pre ordering MW3 hardened edition and I will be getting BF3 a few months after it comes out.

What KrazyCookies said, they can't really be compared side by side.

Personally, i'm sick of CoD. Its no longer fun for me. When friends invite me to play I feel its more of a chore. Another reason is that Treyarch really let me down with the PS3 version. Its pretty much unplayable and doesn't even run at 60fps, (something ALL CoD's have been able to do and has been one of its selling points). Not to mention each CoD looks like it took 2 months to make and the rest of the time seems to be marketing. There's no innovation. Go look at the MW3 gameplay and tell me if you see anything drastically new? I'd like to see at least 5 things that have been changed that are night and day noticable. The models for guns, sounds, voices and models for the cars are exactly the same.

I've been saying this for years, but I am a supporter of innovation. Look at what DICE is doing and you can see pure innovation right there. I guess i've matured a bit more as well since the early CoD days and prefer working in a team and take down objectives rather than worry about my K/D ratio. An example is when you play BC2, you earn a score and thats the only thing visible on the scoreboard because it shows how well you're contributing to the team. Kills don't earn you as many points as defending an M-Com, reviving a team mate, supplying health packs and ammo. I also admire DICE for making sure each version of their game is identical on both consoles, something I rarely see from CoD.

Also, any faith I did have is now gone along with half of the original Infinity Ward studio who went to Respawn Ent. at EA. Can't wait to see what those genius' next game is.

This is not to say I won't be picking up the game at all, not at all. I will simply pick it up used as I don't believe Activision or half of Infinity Ward/Sledghammer games are worthy of being supported by my hard earned money. I'll simply pick it up used once it drops under at least half price.

What KrazyCookies said, they can't really be compared side by side.

Personally, i'm sick of CoD. Its no longer fun for me. When friends invite me to play I feel its more of a chore. Another reason is that Treyarch really let me down with the PS3 version. Its pretty much unplayable and doesn't even run at 60fps, (something ALL CoD's have been able to do and has been one of its selling points). Not to mention each CoD looks like it took 2 months to make and the rest of the time seems to be marketing. There's no innovation. Go look at the MW3 gameplay and tell me if you see anything drastically new? I'd like to see at least 5 things that have been changed that are night and day noticable. The models for guns, sounds, voices and models for the cars are exactly the same.

I've been saying this for years, but I am a supporter of innovation. Look at what DICE is doing and you can see pure innovation right there. I guess i've matured a bit more as well since the early CoD days and prefer working in a team and take down objectives rather than worry about my K/D ratio. An example is when you play BC2, you earn a score and thats the only thing visible on the scoreboard because it shows how well you're contributing to the team. Kills don't earn you as many points as defending an M-Com, reviving a team mate, supplying health packs and ammo. I also admire DICE for making sure each version of their game is identical on both consoles, something I rarely see from CoD.

Also, any faith I did have is now gone along with half of the original Infinity Ward studio who went to Respawn Ent. at EA. Can't wait to see what those genius' next game is.

This is not to say I won't be picking up the game at all, not at all. I will simply pick it up used as I don't believe Activision or half of Infinity Ward/Sledghammer games are worthy of being supported by my hard earned money. I'll simply pick it up used once it drops under at least half price.

I have not seen you in a while, wolfy....

Ya. I'm busy running my own forum now. Follow me on Twitter. Easier to contact me and see what i'm up to. :)

I know you will hate me for this but i wont be getting BF3. i never enjoyed the MP as much as CoD. I might rent it because i enjoy the campaign.

Although, i will most likely be playing Skyrim a lot more

Ya. I'm busy running my own forum now. Follow me on Twitter. Easier to contact me and see what i'm up to. :)

I know you will hate me for this but i wont be getting BF3. i never enjoyed the MP as much as CoD. I might rent it because i enjoy the campaign.

Although, i will most likely be playing Skyrim a lot more

Skyrim, Portal 2, BF3 will be my GOTY's... But Skyrim will most likely win because of its true epicness :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ill be getting them both, have had the both pre-ordered for awhile. Im so stoked for both games that i dont know what to do. BF3 looks F'n AMAZING, like no other game out there, and ive been a COD fan since the begining(not a fanboy just a fan). Im inclined to give the edge to BF3 in this one but i guess we'll know for sure in the coming weeks. Its gonna be hard splitting my gaming time between BF3, MW3, and Zombies....

• 2 weeks later...