Gravity's Impact on Gameplay (Speculation)

play2often

One obvious question going around is whether/how the moon's low gravity will impact gameplay on this map. I'd be very surprised if the entire map was in 'normal' gravity.

My best guess is that there will be areas of low gravity meant to slow down movement thru certain areas, sort of like the swamps of Shi No Numa or the cold water areas of Call of the Dead.

What i'd really like to see is some sort of gravity based trap, kind of like an air-lock, where, once players got to the end of a hallway, they'd activate a switch, the hallway would open up to outside space, and the zombies would either freeze or float away, or at least be slowed down. but that's just my 2 cents.

speculate.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've seen indoor and outdoor areas of the map. Perhaps the building has some sort of gravity amplifier? And while low gravity slowing yo down is right, I'm surprised you didn't mention jumping higher. OMG that'd be epic with PhD Flopper... And perhaps we'd need to go through some sort of airlock that may double as a trap?

*edit D'OH you already said air-lock.

I see it as something like the Fog in Call of the Dead.

It happens alternates every couple minutes. Under normal gravity, normal CoD Laws of Physics would apply. However, under low gravity, you can jump higher and run faster.

And by jump higher, I mean you could jump to reach parts you normally couldn't by trying to jump. Like the parts that you normally can jump back up on in Call of the Dead (Rock ledges, jump off between boats).

And maybe even high gravity at some points, where you run slower and can't jump. However, Stammin-Up would make you run normal again.

Also, how about an airlock trap? It sucks zombies into space. However, if you get caught in it, it sucks you out, and you float in space for a few seconds, then you float down to a random place on the map.

Also, how about an airlock trap? It sucks zombies into space. However, if you get caught in it, it sucks you out, and you float in space for a few seconds, then you float down to a random place on the map.

OMG.. that would be awesome, hoping that you arent going to get in a group of zombies lol when you are going down.. :)

I'm wondering if there's maybe low gravity when you're outside, allowing you to jump higher. That would make a lot of sense if they did that.

Or maybe a switch the player or team activates that creates low gravity in certain areas of the level.

I LOVE the idea of an airlock type trap. Hahaha I can just imagine watching hordes of zombies floating out into orbit. Another cool thing would be a launcher type thing that's outside that launches them out into space when u activate it.

I just want to see little zombie constellations all over the night sky :D

OMG.. that would be awesome, hoping that you arent going to get in a group of zombies lol when you are going down.. :)

did you not just describe the gersch device?

just humor this thought...

this may well be the 'moon' treyarch is hinting at here...

http://apolloreality.bravehost.com/