Moon Base theory?

SixaM

Hello everyone, I am new here and hope to make a good first impression. Enough of my introduction and lets get down to business.

What got me intrigued with the zombie map "Moon" is what timeline does the "Moon" take place in? I know that the original cast have been teleporting from place to place in different time periods. Lets say that the "Moon" takes place during the space race, how did the Moon base get there if they really did not have that type of technology at that time to build one (even if they did manage to build a base on the moon, wouldn't take YEARS to build something like that) or the Nazi's already were able to achieve space travel, keep't it hidden from the world and managed to build a base on the Moon which they placed teleporters there to get back and forth much easier. Once the Nazi's lost the war both the U.S. and Russia found out about the moon base and what it contained and tried to retrieve it for themselves which would of created the "Space Race" and why the Moon was so important to them. Think about it like this, if Richtofen is collecting things (spacesuit, Golden Rod, Focusing Stone) to achieve his master plan then he would have already known that the Moon base existed and what he needs there (It will not be element 115 as he already has the Focusing Stone which is made of the same material, so it is something very important that was left by the Nazi's but was never found because the only person who would of known about it at this time would be Richtofen himself).

Thank you everyone for reading and hope to get some positive feedback.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CoDz.

The moon base has been there since the late 40's because on Der Riese and Ascension the moon has 115 spots on it. You see, I have a theory that explains why we have Ascension in the first place (why zombies are there, anyway). I'll shorten it. Basically, years after Riese, the Russians found all the Zombie info, and, using former Nazi scientists, created improved and new technology (using 115 of course). Gersh Device is obviously an attempt at a portable teleporter.

Now for the Space Race. I honestly can't tell you when Moon takes place, but I can tell you why Space Race happened. Nazi's already got to the moon, it's how 115 is there. So the Russians simply took thier blueprints and walla! But then the US heard of thier plan, and the were in the middle of a war as well. So they took the challenge.

Which base is up there? American? Nazi? Russian? I honestly don't know again. I'm guesing it's a Nazi base.

But you're right. Richtofen is going place to place to complete his master plan.

What could it be from here? I'm guessing it's the Quantum Entanglement Device.

On a side note: Richtofen has apparently been everywhere, seen everything, and almost has everything for his plan. The intel states to blow the zombies away for the final time. Richtofen said to control them with the focusing stone. So...he's basically the smartest man on the earth...and soon enough...on the moon! He f*cked up an experiment, now he's gonna destroy it once and for all.

I think the one moral of zombies is to never rush. Know why? Because Richtofen rushed the zombie experiments and that's why he nearly killed the entire world population.

Welcome to CoDz.

The moon base has been there since the late 40's because on Der Riese and Ascension the moon has 115 spots on it. You see, I have a theory that explains why we have Ascension in the first place (why zombies are there, anyway). I'll shorten it. Basically, years after Riese, the Russians found all the Zombie info, and, using former Nazi scientists, created improved and new technology (using 115 of course). Gersh Device is obviously an attempt at a portable teleporter.

Now for the Space Race. I honestly can't tell you when Moon takes place, but I can tell you why Space Race happened. Nazi's already got to the moon, it's how 115 is there. So the Russians simply took thier blueprints and walla! But then the US heard of thier plan, and the were in the middle of a war as well. So they took the challenge.

Which base is up there? American? Nazi? Russian? I honestly don't know again. I'm guesing it's a Nazi base.

But you're right. Richtofen is going place to place to complete his master plan.

What could it be from here? I'm guessing it's the Quantum Entanglement Device.

On a side note: Richtofen has apparently been everywhere, seen everything, and almost has everything for his plan. The intel states to blow the zombies away for the final time. Richtofen said to control them with the focusing stone. So...he's basically the smartest man on the earth...and soon enough...on the moon! He f*cked up an experiment, now he's gonna destroy it once and for all.

I think the one moral of zombies is to never rush. Know why? Because Richtofen rushed the zombie experiments and that's why he nearly killed the entire world population.

I do agree that the Moon base was most likely made by the Nazi's and whatever is on that moon that Richtofen needs must be "BIG" because He needed the Golden Rod and the Focusing Stone to complete his master plan which I feel is the Quantum Entanglement Device (maybe some type of giant ray gun or some type of satellite dish).

• 3 years later...

Bringing closure to this topic, and also being my first post here, here we go...

Now that we know Nuketown and Moon occur simultaneously, it's safe to assume that Moon takes place in 1962. The Sedan Crater, which was formed right next to Nuketown and is not present until after the nuke is detonated and also before Nuketown Zombies even begins, the events of Nuketown and Moon take place some time after July 6, 1962 with TranZit happening right after due to Marlton being in the bunker.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing closure to this topic, and also being my first post here, here we go...

Now that we know Nuketown and Moon occur simultaneously, it's safe to assume that Moon takes place in 1962. The Sedan Crater, which was formed right next to Nuketown and is not present until after the nuke is detonated and also before Nuketown Zombies even begins, the events of Nuketown and Moon take place some time after July 6, 1962 with TranZit happening right after due to Marlton being in the bunker.

It is not safe to assume that the map of moon takes place in 1962, why? Because MANY things point to it being set in the 2000s. But now you've opened the can of worms.... 

Edited by Hells Warrrior
facepalm smiley removed, not used appropriately.

Times messed up right? With Buried being like an example. What if things such as Tedd and the 2025 stuff can be explained by that. I have always believed Tranzit to Buried are in the 60s but at the same time everythings messed up so you get lots of timeframes collapsing in on each other.

It is not safe to assume that the map of moon takes place in 1962, why? Because MANY things point to it being set in the 2000s. But now you've opened the can of worms.... 

Eh, I disagree. You can't disregard the fact that NTZ is stated to happen AFTER the original Multiplayer map. Although it is possible that Nuketown was displaced due to the 115 under the crater (NTZ Comic Page), I don't think that the mushroom cloud could teleport ALONG with Nuketown to 2025. I am open to both theories but to be honest I think Nuketown being in the 1960s makes a bit more sense.

This also ties the rocket impacts from Moon with TranZit somewhat. I mean, Maxis says he's been looking for a group like the N4 for decades right? Notice the 1950s-1960s era style music on the loading screen of Green Run? How would that fit in with 2025? In fact I'd think it's more plausible that TranZit is in the 80s, then the "Great Leap Foward" occurs which brings them to the more present 2000s.

Tranzit itself is like a typical sixties town, for example the Diner with tis neon lights, but since time is wrecked there is no reason that stuff from the future appears there. Same with Nuketown, in fact I don't understand why people say it is in 2025, wouldn't it look like it does in MP? To me there is no reason it has to be in 2025, only if you ignore when Tranzit is and ignore that Black Ops was tailored around the 1960s, we could have continued from it.

Tranzit itself is like a typical sixties town, for example the Diner with tis neon lights, but since time is wrecked there is no reason that stuff from the future appears there. Same with Nuketown, in fact I don't understand why people say it is in 2025, wouldn't it look like it does in MP? To me there is no reason it has to be in 2025, only if you ignore when Tranzit is and ignore that Black Ops was tailored around the 1960s, we could have continued from it.

Yup, besides a theory of POSSIBLE displacement, I realized it wouldn't make sense that the mushroom cloud of the atomic blast would also be displaced, unless the bomb had 115 in it... but isn't the whole point of the loading screen of Nuketown showing the Americans want Element 115?

• Administrators

Same with Nuketown, in fact I don't understand why people say it is in 2025, wouldn't it look like it does in MP? To me there is no reason it has to be in 2025, only if you ignore when Tranzit is and ignore that Black Ops was tailored around the 1960s, we could have continued from it.

Well honestly, no. Nuketown 2025 doesn't take place in 2025, it takes place in the 1960's and acts as their depiction of the "Model Home of the Future."

Same with Nuketown, in fact I don't understand why people say it is in 2025, wouldn't it look like it does in MP? To me there is no reason it has to be in 2025, only if you ignore when Tranzit is and ignore that Black Ops was tailored around the 1960s, we could have continued from it.

Well honestly, no. Nuketown 2025 doesn't take place in 2025, it takes place in the 1960's and acts as their depiction of the "Model Home of the Future."

What? But it has the 2025 weapons and characters It is in 2025 but it is meant to look like a 1960s retro-futuristic Mid-Century modern style meant to represent the home of the future. https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-the-explosive-historyAnyways that still doesn't exactly answer my question, it raises it, People thinking nuketown from BO1 is in 2025 and Nuketown 2025 is in the 1960s. Now I am utterly confused.

• Administrators

What? But it has the 2025 weapons and characters It is in 2025 but it is meant to look like a 1960s retro-futuristic Mid-Century modern style meant to represent the home of the future. https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-the-explosive-historyAnyways that still doesn't exactly answer my question, it raises it, People thinking nuketown from BO1 is in 2025 and Nuketown 2025 is in the 1960s. Now I am utterly confused.

Haha I'm all for the idea that the Black Ops version of Nuketown is in the 1960s. As for the Black Ops II version, here are some quotes from Treyarch articles, even from the link you sent:

a 60's depiction of the "Model Home of the Future"

A vision of the future comes to life.

It shows to me that this map doesn't take place in the future, but it's only supposed to look like the future.

Ah but that's a matter of how you see it. The way I see it they are saying its a recreation of how people thought the future would look, but actually look at the game play it can't be the 1960s. Also retro doesn't mean modern.

Ah but that's a matter of how you see it. The way I see it they are saying its a recreation of how people thought the future would look, but actually look at the game play it can't be the 1960s. Also retro doesn't mean modern.

True, I mean I doubt any the technology shown in Nuketown 2025 is even available to the general public. Isn't it a nuke testing site? It's all made by the government, and what was the government apparently capable of doing in the 1960s at Groom Lake?

1115sag.jpg

• Administrators

All a matter of perspective I suppose.

I personally would love it if it turns out there were two different earths and due to the Rift being opened both of them are merging together. Which would explain why marlton knows about future weaponry when it hasn't been invented in the 60s yet it would also also explain why there is a Robot Bus driver in Tranzit. 

We Know that Moon must have taken Place during the 60's because even if Nuketown was displaced the license plates in tranzit say it's the 60's which means the last cars to be in circulation before the Incident were from the 1960's. It also didn't take Long for the Missiles to Hit earth so Unless Moon takes Place within a Separate Time Pocket then Moon was in the 60's. What time is during the Events of Tranzit? It could be the 60's.....or it could be in the future. Although the weapons are a really bad example because for starters who would have the technology and resources to Create new Advanced weaponry in the 60's when the entire world Just Blew up all of a sudden. We know the Box brings in weapons from other time periods so that is an explanation for why the weapons are there. However that does not explain Marlton. Marlton should have Died in Nuketown if he was really there. 

According to the Buried cutscene Stuhlinger and Russman were the Only ones in the Bus when they met Marlton. So that debunks the theory that Marlton escaped on the Bus in nuketown. So how did Marlton Escape? What if he didn't? What if Marlton Died. Or better yet what if the 60's Version of Martlon was Killed during the Incident due to him being directly where the Missile would hit?. Then the Rift Opens causing alternate dimensions and Timelines to start to Merge together. That would explain the Bus driver, the Buried western Town, the Denizens, Die Rise taking Place in the 90's yet Having Radios that suggest the Outbreak occured over a Span of time even though the Missiles destroyed the whole World in one Swoop. It would also explain why Marlton has knowledge of 2025 weapons. In his universe they are in 2025. 

Now the Whole Rift thing is Just Rambling and has No evidence to back it Up. But wouldn't it make sense if it turned out that really did Happen? I think it would be cool. Hell it even explains nacht der Untoten being in tranzit. 

I personally would love it if it turns out there were two different earths and due to the Rift being opened both of them are merging together. Which would explain why marlton knows about future weaponry when it hasn't been invented in the 60s yet it would also also explain why there is a Robot Bus driver in Tranzit. 

We Know that Moon must have taken Place during the 60's because even if Nuketown was displaced the license plates in tranzit say it's the 60's which means the last cars to be in circulation before the Incident were from the 1960's. It also didn't take Long for the Missiles to Hit earth so Unless Moon takes Place within a Separate Time Pocket then Moon was in the 60's. What time is during the Events of Tranzit? It could be the 60's.....or it could be in the future. Although the weapons are a really bad example because for starters who would have the technology and resources to Create new Advanced weaponry in the 60's when the entire world Just Blew up all of a sudden. We know the Box brings in weapons from other time periods so that is an explanation for why the weapons are there. However that does not explain Marlton. Marlton should have Died in Nuketown if he was really there. 

According to the Buried cutscene Stuhlinger and Russman were the Only ones in the Bus when they met Marlton. So that debunks the theory that Marlton escaped on the Bus in nuketown. So how did Marlton Escape? What if he didn't? What if Marlton Died. Or better yet what if the 60's Version of Martlon was Killed during the Incident due to him being directly where the Missile would hit?. Then the Rift Opens causing alternate dimensions and Timelines to start to Merge together. That would explain the Bus driver, the Buried western Town, the Denizens, Die Rise taking Place in the 90's yet Having Radios that suggest the Outbreak occured over a Span of time even though the Missiles destroyed the whole World in one Swoop. It would also explain why Marlton has knowledge of 2025 weapons. In his universe they are in 2025. 

Now the Whole Rift thing is Just Rambling and has No evidence to back it Up. But wouldn't it make sense if it turned out that really did Happen? I think it would be cool. Hell it even explains nacht der Untoten being in tranzit. 

You know what I find funny? What if its just a radio or something in the bunker? The future weaponry, I have no clue about but I honestly think its just came from a future that never was. I dont want displacement to become a theory in zombies that people start to use to neutralize other theories, such as inter dimensional stuff. A lot of this stuff can be found by applying time travel stuff, like I said with the loop being self contained. 

One thing I have a question about is why cant ti be the original nacht? There are pylons in Nachts area, if the map took place in the 60s a lot could change. What does that say about the war though? Nazis already in American, how different is this timeline?