The Moon: Before or After Ascension?

AgentA

i cant believe people are saying moon is before acension..... are you idiots?

This map is refered to as "A SEASON FINALE" by a guy in the trailer...

now that doesnt mean zombies is over just for black ops it is!

now for a season finale they need to progress through the story not prequal....

Think about it

WHY didnt they show richtofen in the trailer? BECAUSE he has hold of the FOCUSING STONE and GOLDEN ROD

they didnt want us to see this!!! fools -.- :P

Actually, some LOST season finales were prequels, sooooo.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe people are saying moon is before acension..... are you idiots?

This map is refered to as "A SEASON FINALE" by a guy in the trailer...

now that doesnt mean zombies is over just for black ops it is!

now for a season finale they need to progress through the story not prequal....

Think about it

WHY didnt they show richtofen in the trailer? BECAUSE he has hold of the FOCUSING STONE and GOLDEN ROD

they didnt want us to see this!!! fools -.- :P

Actually, some LOST season finales were prequels, sooooo.....

Oh is it LOST were playing sorry my mistake i though we were playing zombies! Rant over carry on...

Alright so here's what I want to know...

The space suit Richtofen wears in Ascension, is it identical to the ones the crew wears on the Moon? If so, then the only thing I'd assume is it's Treyarch silly way of throwing us through a loop of questions like so, and Richtofen himself, is an easter egg on Ascension.

After. Read the chronological order theory post? It's all pretty well summed up there. I don't think it makes any sense 'Moon' being after Ascension, as previously posted.

After. All zombie maps before were pretty much all in order (with the possible exception of NDU and Verruckt), so I'm pretty sure it will continue that way. Makes it less confusing. Besides, it's the last map of black ops, I don't see why they would make the last map somewhere in the middle...

Basically, this.

About that guy in the spacesuit in the trailer, I bet he's just one of our lovely 4. Doubt they'll introduce someone new in the 'grand Finale'. Then again, it's 3arc we're talking about...

How could Ascension come after Moon when you need to launch the rocket to activate the PaP machine? Your not the one who leaves on that rocket because YOUR the one who activates it. The maps are in order of appearance. The only one that falls out of order (technically) is Call of the Dead because it takes place AFTER every other map. But the crew go to CotD after Ascension, then go to Shangri La, then to Moon. Same as the order of release.

Moon is the EPIC SEASON FINALE of Black Ops zombies as said by the dev at Treyarch in the trailer. Why would they release a later map as the first DLC anyway? Doesn't make sense.

Some tv shows end in flashbacks as their season finale

How could Ascension come after Moon when you need to launch the rocket to activate the PaP machine? Your not the one who leaves on that rocket because YOUR the one who activates it. The maps are in order of appearance. The only one that falls out of order (technically) is Call of the Dead because it takes place AFTER every other map. But the crew go to CotD after Ascension, then go to Shangri La, then to Moon. Same as the order of release.

Moon is the EPIC SEASON FINALE of Black Ops zombies as said by the dev at Treyarch in the trailer. Why would they release a later map as the first DLC anyway? Doesn't make sense.

Some tv shows end in flashbacks as their season finale

No those are usually the episode right before the season finale and everyone hates clip shows lol

Just as a note. The United States was the only country to send people to and actually landed on the moon. The Russians tried but the Launch was unsuccessful. Actually the rocket blew up before it left the atmosphere.

normal history doesnt apply here

It does. They got the Cuban missile crisis time right, and WW2, and Cold War... But I still think it goes after ascension. I don't stick to the flashback theory either -that doesn't seem like a 'Grand Finale' to me.

Just as a note. The United States was the only country to send people to and actually landed on the moon. The Russians tried but the Launch was unsuccessful. Actually the rocket blew up before it left the atmosphere.

It does. They got the Cuban missile crisis time right, and WW2, and Cold War... But I still think it goes after ascension. I don't stick to the flashback theory either -that doesn't seem like a 'Grand Finale' to me.

Just Because A Few Things Fit Into Conventional History Doesn't Mean That It All Applies. It Seems To Me That Normal History Applies Only When Its Convenient To The Story Or When They Write Themselves Into A Corner(A Deus Ex Machina) Like Now.

all i have to say is why was richtofen in a space suit if he wasnt going to the moon? i agree with the man that said "richtofen himself was an easter egg in ascension"

Shit, we're STILL arguing about the timeline of the history of events? Fucking hell.

Without Moon in the lineup, let's clear up the rest of the maps.

In Ascension, Richtofen was NOT, I repeat, WAS NOT, wearing a SPACE suit. It should be clear form watching the Moon trailer that the suit Richtofen was in, WAS NOT a space suit, but as i've said probably 20 times by now, a HAZMAT SUIT, similar to the suits the characters wear in the single player campaign during the attack on Rebirth Island.

Also, we all obviously know about the Gersch easter egg, and the noticeable cuts and nicks and scratches on Richtofen and the crew.

Fast-forward to Call of the Dead.

As you finish that Easter Egg, Tank makes a refrence to Gersch before leaving. If Ascension came after CotD, then how does Tank know about Gersch?

In that sense, we know now the order of events for our 4 heroes, starting with their first adventure together, goes something like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Now, let's fast forward to Shangri-La.

If you've done the Easter Egg in CotD, playing as Richtofen causes you to start with The Golden Rod. In that sense, CotD HAS TO COME BEFORE Shangri-La.

Not to mention, there's refrences to Ascension coming from most of the characters.

When Tank hits the Pack-A-Punch, he'll mutter something along the lines of "Ancient Temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark corner with Richtofen.....what an adventure...."

This obviously shows that Tank's already experienced both Call of the Dead AND Ascension if he can make refrences to them.

And when Takeo approaches the Mine Cart, he'll muttter "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice".

Now, when one of your friends is playing as Richtofen, take a moment to notice his Character Model in Shangri-La. Richtofen's model comes with a noticeably huge scar under his RIGHT EYE,which he didn't get until Ascension, where we first noticed that some things were wrong with our heroes phyiscally.

If the above is proven true, then Ascnesion AND Call of the Dead both come before Shangri-La. The characters can't make refrences to things that haven't happened yet, nor can one aquire something before he can actually be there to get it. And no, i'm not speaking in terms of time travel, i'm simply speaking in the order of events that has occured for our 4 heroes.

So if this is the case, then our order, starting with their very first adventure together, goes like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Now, taken with all this intel, and the fact that The Moon has been labeled as "The Final Battle" where you can "Drive The Zombie Menace Away Once And For All", it's hard to think that the big, epic finale would come BEFORE all the things that have already happened. So if we were to include Moon in our lineup, then our character's adventure, in order of the events as they happen to them, goes like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Moon

All in all, my response to the OP is that Moon will come after Ascension.

Shit, we're STILL arguing about the timeline of the history of events? Fucking hell.

In Ascension, Richtofen was NOT, I repeat, WAS NOT, wearing a SPACE suit. It should be clear form watching the Moon trailer that the suit Richtofen was in, WAS NOT a space suit, but as i've said probably 20 times by now, a HAZMAT SUIT, similar to the suits the characters wear in the single player campaign during the attack on Rebirth Island.

Also, we all obviously know about the Gersch easter egg, and the noticeable cuts and nicks and scratches on Richtofen and the crew.

As you finish that Easter Egg, Tank makes a refrence to Gersch before leaving. If Ascension came after CotD, then how does Tank know about Gersch?

In that sense, we know now the order of events for our 4 heroes, starting with their first adventure together, goes something like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

If you've done the Easter Egg in CotD, playing as Richtofen causes you to start with The Golden Rod. In that sense, CotD HAS TO COME BEFORE Shangri-La.

Not to mention, there's refrences to Ascension coming from most of the characters.

When Tank hits the Pack-A-Punch, he'll mutter something along the lines of "Ancient Temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark corner with Richtofen.....what an adventure...."

This obviously shows that Tank's already experienced both Call of the Dead AND Ascension if he can make refrences to them.

And when Takeo approaches the Mine Cart, he'll muttter "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice".

Now, when one of your friends is playing as Richtofen, take a moment to notice his Character Model in Shangri-La. Richtofen's model comes with a noticeably huge scar under his RIGHT EYE,which he didn't get until Ascension, where we first noticed that some things were wrong with our heroes phyiscally.

If the above is proven true, then Ascnesion AND Call of the Dead both come before Shangri-La. The characters can't make refrences to things that haven't happened yet, nor can one aquire something before he can actually be there to get it. And no, i'm not speaking in terms of time travel, i'm simply speaking in the order of events that has occured for our 4 heroes.

So if this is the case, then our order, starting with their very first adventure together, goes like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Now, taken with all this intel, and the fact that The Moon has been labeled as "The Final Battle" where you can "Drive The Zombie Menace Away Once And For All", it's hard to think that the big, epic finale would come BEFORE all the things that have already happened. So if we were to include Moon in our lineup, then our character's adventure, in order of the events as they happen to them, goes like this:

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Moon

thats what i say!

well put my friend

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino Der Toten

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Moon

dude chill i was just saying he could be an easter egg. why was he in a hazmat suit though? none of the other charectors were

dude chill i was just saying he could be an easter egg. why was he in a hazmat suit though? none of the other charectors were

If you think about it, Richtofen is pretty much the only one that knows ahead of time to what's happening in their situation. There have been all sorts of character quotes revolving around Richtofen from the other characters, and the theories that people have been putting together about brainwashing and how the other three are starting to remember things that Richtofen originally wouldn't have wanted them to remember. And finally once we get to Shangri-La the quotes start flying during the Easter Egg and they start attacking him for information.

Richtofen would be smart enough to keep the info to himself. Why give away the secret to survival to people who he's just using?

If you think about it, Richtofen is pretty much the only one that knows ahead of time to what's happening in their situation. There have been all sorts of character quotes revolving around Richtofen from the other characters, and the theories that people have been putting together about brainwashing and how the other three are starting to remember things that Richtofen originally wouldn't have wanted them to remember. And finally once we get to Shangri-La the quotes start flying during the Easter Egg and they start attacking him for information.

Richtofen would be smart enough to keep the info to himself. Why give away the secret to survival to people who he's just using?

true. i wonder what the roles of the other three are. i guess well find out when we go to the moon