The Moon: Before or After Ascension?

AgentA

STOP BEING STUPID USE COMMON SENSE AND LEARN YOUR HISTORY

I'm pretty sure we're not working on the same time line as reality.

Though I hope this doesn't take place before Ascension. What with the easter eggs collecting parts and all it'd be a waste to not apply them in the final map pack.

ok you are working on history because in ascension the "five" charecters call you somehow and that was during october 1962. and the first manned moon landing was in 1969 so it would have to be after that date.

stop bringing up the lunar landing date, this is a different history! its even mentioned in the terminal which im positive was by Dr. Maxis that there was a lunar that confirmed there was 115 on the moon. and this had to be somewhere in the 1940's because thats roughly around when he died.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I hope this doesn't take place before Ascension. What with the easter eggs collecting parts and all it'd be a waste to not apply them in the final map pack.

ok you are working on history because in ascension the "five" charecters call you somehow and that was during october 1962. and the first manned moon landing was in 1969 so it would have to be after that date.

lets also remember there are no such things as lunar landers that will teleport u around a space base

After. All zombie maps before were pretty much all in order (with the possible exception of NDU and Verruckt), so I'm pretty sure it will continue that way. Makes it less confusing. Besides, it's the last map of black ops, I don't see why they would make the last map somewhere in the middle...

@owner Well, it's the last map of black ops, so it's just most likely.

Ascension being the last map makes no sense at all. In Ascension the characters make no hint at all towards acquiring the focusing stone or the golden rod or even using it on the moon. Besides, how would Ascension rap up thezombie storyline besides freeing some random guy who had almost nothing to do wtih the zombie storyline besides the thundergun, and the gersh device.

You guys are making this waaaay tooo complicated..... The "Moon" is the last map and therefore takes place last.

Ascension being the last map makes no sense at all. In Ascension the characters make no hint at all towards acquiring the focusing stone or the golden rod or even using it on the moon. Besides, how would Ascension rap up thezombie storyline besides freeing some random guy who had almost nothing to do wtih the zombie storyline besides the thundergun, and the gersh device.

You guys are making this waaaay tooo complicated..... The "Moon" is the last map and therefore takes place last.

I agree with everything except your last statement. the moon may not be the LAST map. it could be the middle of the story and then after the heros (dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo) have to stop Richtofin and try to get samantha. i doubt its the LAST map. theres to much money in zombies for it to be the LAST map.

I agree with everything except your last statement. the moon may not be the LAST map. it could be the middle of the story and then after the heros (dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo) have to stop Richtofin and try to get samantha. i doubt its the LAST map. theres to much money in zombies for it to be the LAST map.

i think your right with the money part ;)

i think your right with the money part ;)

well think about it WaW was a hit cause of the start to nazi zombies. then BO came out and zombies soared even higher so why would they cut it off so fast? im actually hoping for a movie with our heros in it. i think that would be really cool

Richtofen mentions that controlling the zombies, doesn't he? So maybe he'll betray you and use the zombies against you, and then Samantha works with the other three so that they can stop Richtofen.

But you also freed Sam, who said to find her.

How could Ascension come after Moon when you need to launch the rocket to activate the PaP machine? Your not the one who leaves on that rocket because YOUR the one who activates it. The maps are in order of appearance. The only one that falls out of order (technically) is Call of the Dead because it takes place AFTER every other map. But the crew go to CotD after Ascension, then go to Shangri La, then to Moon. Same as the order of release.

Moon is the EPIC SEASON FINALE of Black Ops zombies as said by the dev at Treyarch in the trailer. Why would they release a later map as the first DLC anyway? Doesn't make sense.

Moon would be after. In Call of the Dead they mention that theyre going on another goose chase like with gerch (Ascension). So CotD takes place after Ascension. In CotD they aquire the Golden Rod and now have it during Sangri La. So Sangri La takes place after CotD. And in Shangri La they aquire the Focus stone. So now in Moon they have the Focus Stone and Golden Rod and is going to the climax that the devs mentioned.

If you were to say that Moon takes place before Ascension then you would also have to agree that Moon takes place before Ascension, before CotD and before Shangri La

Which all completely contradicts the whole story line.

I Believe Its After Because As The Shangri-La And Moon Loading Screens Show, The Pyramid You Get The Focusing Stone From Is Somehow Sent To The Moon, And From There You Travel to The Moon Base. Also There Is No Evidence Of The Teleporters Being Able To Send A Person BACK In Time, And As To Date The Only Way To Go Back In Time Has Been The Switches Used To Do The Shangri-La Easter Egg And Even That's Not Permanent.

It wouldn't "have" to be after 1969 because Treyarch can make whatever history they want in the zombies storyline. We're talking about a game with zombie apocalypses and space/time bending teleporters. I think in the zombies universe, anything is possible at whatever date.

i cant believe people are saying moon is before acension..... are you idiots?

This map is refered to as "A SEASON FINALE" by a guy in the trailer...

now that doesnt mean zombies is over just for black ops it is!

now for a season finale they need to progress through the story not prequal....

Think about it

WHY didnt they show richtofen in the trailer? BECAUSE he has hold of the FOCUSING STONE and GOLDEN ROD

they didnt want us to see this!!! fools -.- :P

Think about it

WHY didnt they show richtofen in the trailer? BECAUSE he has hold of the FOCUSING STONE and GOLDEN ROD

Now That You Say That About Richtofen Maybe Hes Replaced By That Mysterious Mexican Subject That A Radio Mentions That "Died".

Think about it

Now That You Say That About Richtofen Maybe Hes Replaced By That Mysterious Mexican Subject That A Radio Mentions That "Died".

To be honest i dont recognize the guy looking at the space suit in the trailer :S people say its takio and i thought it was demsy i dont bloody know who it is !

but he doesnt look mexican ^_^

Think about it

The whole "season finale" thing is because this is the last map pack for Black Ops. We're not going to get any more maps for the next year.