INTERVIEW WITH JIMMY ZELINSKI ABOUT MOON

BlackOpsTryhard

For people who don't know, JZ is the one in charge of all the 'Zombies' related stuff at Treyarch.

CREDIT TO "OneOfSwords" AND "MrRoflWaffles" http://tinyurl.com/3tojcl9

1oS: Will we learn any new tidbits of backstory from Moon? We already know Der Riese is where they come from, but is there more to tell?

JIMMY ZELINSKI: If your question is to ask me if our zombies are from Der Riese, this would be a good opportunity to re-explore the WAW maps to search for further clues as to the truth behind the origins of the zombies. As to Moon specifically, of course there will be clues to the past and other story elements, but don't be surprised to discover a few hints as to what may be coming in the future.

1oS: What's a "phasing Zombie?"

JZ: I don't know. Where have you seen a phasing zombie? Who have you been talking to? What's this word "phasing" you're using...?

1oS: How does the Quantum Entanglement Device work?

JZ: The answer to what the QED can do can be found in the research of Einstein, Kaluza, Plancke and Klein. That would suggest the possibilities are limitless. Get in the game, throw it out there, and see what it will do FOR YOU.

1oS: Are there other new weapons this time around? Any new gameplay mechanics?

JZ: This game mode is all about discovery. Whether our characters discover new weapons in the various places they visit is dependent on where they go. Same can be said for gameplay mechanics — the location dictates how you play. Ever been to the moon?

1oS: Why is Rezurrection misspelled? Is there significance to that?

JZ: You never know where hints and Easter eggs may appear in Zombies. What looks like a typo may be a typo...but it might also be the hidden truth behind everything.

1oS: What's your weapon of choice for the inevitable zombie apocalypse?

JZ: A high capacity, accurate, high caliber, and high rate of fire weapon. That's what I would choose.

1oS: Space -- the final frontier. Is this the end to the Zombies storyline?

JZ: [No answer to this one, but a friend over at Treyarch said they saw him storm off to get a breath of fresh air.]

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/all-zomb ... y-z-talks/

Now, get off my bus.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really REALLY hope Treyarch puts more than just one big giant easter egg in this map as they've insisted on doing since Ascension. Doing these easter eggs are fun and rewarding yes, but I still think Der Riese wins when it comes to the most EE's found in a single map. Plus it had it's "big one", with the Fly Trap and all.

They should do more of those in future map(s)

1oS: What's your weapon of choice for the inevitable zombie apocalypse?

JZ: A high capacity, accurate, high caliber, and high rate of fire weapon. That's what I would choose.

It just clicked for me, if the leaks are true, then JZ was hinting at the PPSH!

PPSH=not high caliber...plus its really rare ammo compared to other types (which would make it a bad choice IRL unless you came across a factory that made that particular bullet). It was a unique round for the gun, blah blah blah. Also, high caliber=less ROF...but to get as high ROF as possible with a high-caliber weapon, your looking at something similar to an M4 modified to fire .45 ammo....or something.

Anyways, less gun talk and being super technical about it. I agree, probably talking about the PPSH. Or the MG42 XD Which I adored to use on zombies on WaW...it was OP on multiplayer tho. Still dont see why people whined about the MP40 instead of impossibly fast-firing semis and the HMGs...