Bad choice, Treyarch.

You have to think of this from another point of view. Zombies was made for co-op.

Most classic map players play solo? Why? Because they have no friends with the classic maps. The online playlists for these maps are near enough dead in some cases there's only 50 people playing Nacht and there's a ton of people that are yet to experience these maps.

If they weren't being released with this DLC, the maps would be getting wasted, because hardly anyone plays them.

This is a good move from treyarch, it was a huge fan request and helps a lot of people, whether you already own them or not. The best benefit of this map pack for me is now being able to play the classic maps with my friends that don't have them.

Quit complaining and look on the bright side man, you got some cool stuff with the prestige edition, so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, whatever, fuck this shit. I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT WAS A GIFT. I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, AND I COULD JUST GET THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE PC FILES. ITS LIKE ONE PERSON WHO ISN'T AS FAMOUS ON THE FORUM VOICES THEIR OPTION AND YOU FLAME THE FUCK OUTTA HIM. ALL IM TRYING TO SAY, IS TREYARCH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN LAZY, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE NEW MAPS FOR MP4. WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?AND THE CLASSIC NAPS ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HALF THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CANT SAY SHIT, THEY COMPLAIN AND BITCH JUST AS MUCH AS I HAVE IN THIS ONE THREAD. CoDz IS SLOWLY TEARING ITSELF APART. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT NEGATIVE BRAINS WERE REMOVED? BECAUSE IF THRY WERE STILL HERE, I WOULD HAVE JUST GOT NEGATIVE 16. BECAUSE OF MY OPTION. THANKS GUYS, REAL GOOD SHIT GOING ON HERE. PLUS, IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ALPHASNAKE, FAUST, OR CARBONFIBAH YOUR THREADJUST GETS STOLEN BY A NEWBIE. T~T I used to love CoDz.... It was a place where Stories were shared, friends were made, and we all worked together. But no one ever gives the weird kid a chance.... Do you think I flame most of you, on purpose? Nope. OCD makes it so everyone has to type perfect... To put it simple. It's like Kids meals. If you get this order, you get a special toy the other ones don't, unless they buy this one too. Oops! Menu change! Now the people who bought the special, the one that costs more, dont have an exclusive toy! Everyone gets it! But to compensate, if you bring your reciept in, you get a free straw. /secondrantover

HAHAHA. :lol: So let me get this straight: you start off by complaining about how you're only getting one free map since you already own the prestige edition which you played off like you payed for on your own. Then we find out you never payed for the shit and it was a gift?

The idiocy in your posts is astounding. What the fuck reason do you have to complain for, honestly? You didn't pay for shit, and you're getting a free zombie map out of it, which is the same as it's been for the last 3 map packs, too. 4 MP maps and 1 zombies map. And you're not paying shit for it. It's FREE!

I payed 45$ off ebay for the WAW maps. And yeah, I'm kind of pissed about paying that much more instead of getting them for 15. But I'm not gonna turn down a free map because of it. That would be retarded. And the good thing about it is how many more people I'll be able to play with on the WAW maps. So that's gonna be sick. So what the reason do you have to complain for then? The principle of it? Get off your high horse you selfish prick. People like you deserve to get flamed because all you're doing is crying and bitching like a 12 year old girl. Always looking at all the negative shit.

You have no reason to complain for shit. You didn't buy anything and I know for a fact you'll download the Moon map.

Alright, whatever, fuck this shit. I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT WAS A GIFT. I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, AND I COULD JUST GET THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE PC FILES. ITS LIKE ONE PERSON WHO ISN'T AS FAMOUS ON THE FORUM VOICES THEIR OPTION AND YOU FLAME THE FUCK OUTTA HIM. ALL IM TRYING TO SAY, IS TREYARCH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN LAZY, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE NEW MAPS FOR MP4. WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?AND THE CLASSIC NAPS ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HALF THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CANT SAY SHIT, THEY COMPLAIN AND BITCH JUST AS MUCH AS I HAVE IN THIS ONE THREAD. CoDz IS SLOWLY TEARING ITSELF APART. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT NEGATIVE BRAINS WERE REMOVED? BECAUSE IF THRY WERE STILL HERE, I WOULD HAVE JUST GOT NEGATIVE 16. BECAUSE OF MY OPTION. THANKS GUYS, REAL GOOD SHIT GOING ON HERE. PLUS, IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ALPHASNAKE, FAUST, OR CARBONFIBAH YOUR THREADJUST GETS STOLEN BY A NEWBIE. T~T I used to love CoDz.... It was a place where Stories were shared, friends were made, and we all worked together. But no one ever gives the weird kid a chance.... Do you think I flame most of you, on purpose? Nope. OCD makes it so everyone has to type perfect... To put it simple. It's like Kids meals. If you get this order, you get a special toy the other ones don't, unless they buy this one too. Oops! Menu change! Now the people who bought the special, the one that costs more, dont have an exclusive toy! Everyone gets it! But to compensate, if you bring your reciept in, you get a free straw. /secondrantover

You just seem really selfish and bitter. You've had the exclusives for half a fucking year, and you're still bitching. Us PC players didn't even get the fucking option to get a special edition for the W@W maps, so for us to at least get an option now is fair. You also ask "WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?" - as most of us here are mostly zombies players and the classic maps is something a lot of us have been waiting for, the answer would, for most of us, be NO. You said you were just stating your opinion and didn't expect to get flamed, maybe people would have respected your opinion if it wasn't so selfish and written in a less condescending tone.

nothing is "free" in this map pack let me explain. again

standard version price of blops in uk range from 27-40 quid. roughly 10 pound each for a map pack and soon there is going to be 4 map packs thats 40 quid add all that up and it equals 67-80

now hardened version 60 quid everywhere in uk and 3 map packs a tenner each roughly. plus 1 "free" map is 90 pounds so all hardened buyers are down 10-23.

this is where this "1 free map comes in" you see its not really "free" is it? because you paid for this map at the release of black ops. activision just think all of their fanbase is stupid and wouldnt realize they are milking extra money out of there most dedicated fans. by saying we will take your money and offer you 1 "free" map but they are laughing really because they know its not "free" you pay more for this 1 "free" map than what you did for 4 new multiplayer maps and 1 new zombie map.

to the people who says yeah but you got a medal il let you buy it of me for 23 quid yeah exactly you wouldnt i wouldnt even sell it for that price because i will feel like a knob.

the reason why everybody is thinking the op'er is whining is because they all have the standard version of blops and everybody who have the standard version is getting a good deal but if they were in our shoes im sure theyd have something to say about it.

anyway about the thread tittle bad choice treyarch?

as a business decision yes i think its a bad choice because the people who are smart enough to see what treyarch/activision have done here are either not going to buy one of there future games or only get a standard version of the game. which in the long run they are going to be losing money out of this and what is the thing actvi$ion love more than anything? but so far i have seen about 4 people who are wise to whats going on so maybe activision are right in thinking most of there fanbase are dumb and wont lose out on much money.

im not getting mw3 if there is another zombie game out il pick it up secondhand so im not giving anymore of my money to these whores.

fyi i am whining and i have every right to im out of pocket and you would complain to if the roles were reversed because its just unfair. people dont just lose money and think ah its alright after all money does grow on trees.

talk about selfish

to the person above boowho pc players didnt even get the chance to get w@w maps go get w@w on pc i heard its fun being able to download free custom maps

obviously 5 new maps are better than 4 old ones most people have played already

to the person above boowho pc players didnt even get the chance to get w@w maps go get w@w on pc i heard its fun being able to download free custom maps

actually no, 3arch kind of fucked us over with the so called 'mod' tools.

only MP mods, no map making tools of anykind, and still no console in SP. Come to think of it, why is there even an SP button in the launcher..?

and, suffering through 2-3 months of unplayability due to a shitty port by treyarch kind of adds to the insult. There was a petition going around when it was launched stating that ATVI should be held responsible for purposefully releasing a broken game. Systems with 4ghz OC'ed i7's with triple SLI'ed 570's were getting 30-40 fps max in the game when it was released with unprecedented lag in MP with no reason for it.

I had heard that PS3 also had performance issues when the game was released. Now tell me, who is ATVI and 3arch REALLY developing the game for.

nothing is "free" in this map pack let me explain. again

standard version price of blops in uk range from 27-40 quid. roughly 10 pound each for a map pack and soon there is going to be 4 map packs thats 40 quid add all that up and it equals 67-80

now hardened version 60 quid everywhere in uk and 3 map packs a tenner each roughly. plus 1 "free" map is 90 pounds so all hardened buyers are down 10-23.

this is where this "1 free map comes in" you see its not really "free" is it? because you paid for this map at the release of black ops. activision just think all of their fanbase is stupid and wouldnt realize they are milking extra money out of there most dedicated fans. by saying we will take your money and offer you 1 "free" map but they are laughing really because they know its not "free" you pay more for this 1 "free" map than what you did for 4 new multiplayer maps and 1 new zombie map.

to the people who says yeah but you got a medal il let you buy it of me for 23 quid yeah exactly you wouldnt i wouldnt even sell it for that price because i will feel like a knob.

the reason why everybody is thinking the op'er is whining is because they all have the standard version of blops and everybody who have the standard version is getting a good deal but if they were in our shoes im sure theyd have something to say about it.

anyway about the thread tittle bad choice treyarch?

as a business decision yes i think its a bad choice because the people who are smart enough to see what treyarch/activision have done here are either not going to buy one of there future games or only get a standard version of the game. which in the long run they are going to be losing money out of this and what is the thing actvi$ion love more than anything? but so far i have seen about 4 people who are wise to whats going on so maybe activision are right in thinking most of there fanbase are dumb and wont lose out on much money.

im not getting mw3 if there is another zombie game out il pick it up secondhand so im not giving anymore of my money to these whores.

fyi i am whining and i have every right to im out of pocket and you would complain to if the roles were reversed because its just unfair. people dont just lose money and think ah its alright after all money does grow on trees.

talk about selfish

You just don't get it do you? You paid for the privilage of having the maps 6 months earlier than all of us, that's why you're out of pocket compared to the guys that are only just getting it cuz they've waited an extra 3/4 of a year. It's like Black Ops itself, when we first bought the game it was about £40 anywhere you'd find it. You can pick it up brand new for £20-30 now since it was released a while ago. A lot of people wait for the game to go down in price before they buy it (therefore waiting a few months before they get it), same thing with these maps really, or in my case as I'm a pc gamer I had no option to buy the maps in the first place. So damn right they should be cheaper now that I only get a chance to get them 9 months late.

It is fun being able to get custom maps yes, but the whole point in getting the maps for Black ops is because the play has improved and there's no players on W@W these days.

This thread is ridiculous, 3arc will never see this as a bad choice - okay so they'll upset a few selfish assholes, can't please everyone, but on the whole they're making a lot of their customers happy and making money at the same time. I know if I was in your position I wouldn't have minded paying a little extra to have the maps so much earlier than everyone else, and I'd also be happy that now loads of people are getting them so it'd be easy to get into a co-op game with my friends on em.

Also to the guy above about the mod tools, those are just a beta release, the proper mapping and modding tools never get released until after ALL of the map packs are released, if people thought about it they'd stop whining. Not being an asshole just saying, why would Treyarch start letting everyone make their own maps when they haven't even sold us all of theirs yet?

I agree with CJ. Plus, Superhands, you could honestly just play WaW PC, and MAKE all these new wonder weapons, DOWNLOAD the Black Ops weapons for WaW Classic maps, MAKE maps that will never be released to console, and you could just recreate the new black ops maps and perks if you wanted to. Don't think so? Look up the portal 2 collab. Portal 2 was practically made before portal 2 even came out. PC has NO right to complain, or whine, because they got the best services. PLUS you got the WaW map packs for free...... :|

So what you are saying is that people who bought the standard version shouldn't even have the opportunity to play the classic maps? That's crazy, you'll get the dlc for free so stop complaining and be happy that there will be more people playing the classic maps.

I got the hardened edition only for the maps 4 months ago. I really didn't care about the medal. I already owned normal BO before, so I had to repay 60€ for it. Finally I sold the hardened for only 35€...

Treyarch could have given us more then just a free map. It is kinda disappointing.

Besides, I am not sure if the fact that eveyone gets access to the W@W maps is a good or a bad thing. In fact, until now I met rather good players in random (even if it took a lot of time) where I get to at least round 20, whereas on BO maps I only meet selfish players you nether try to revive you even when they have the Thundergun, Gersches and the RG.

This is why I only play with randoms on the classic maps, because the chances to meet good players on the other maps are way to low. And now that the maps are going to be all-public, it will be the same as the other maps.

Finally, since 3arc are updating the maps, couldn't it be possible they put only BO weapons in the classic maps ? I really don't want to loose the Thompson, the FG42 or the STG...

Personally, i'm just annoyed there aren't new Multiplayer maps. Moon sounds cool though, And cause I got the Hardened Edition I get it, the Soundtrack and a PS3 Theme for Free. And it means I get more people to play with on Der Riese. Really been struggling to find team-mates for Black Ops World At War Zombies.

dude who said people who bought hardened ever got ripped of is full of bs BO was 55 on release 70 for hardened or 60 and 75 if you pre-ordered so basically you paid 15 dollars and got a free map(moon) just like every one else and you got a free avatar,theme,soundtrack and 8 months to enjoy them and as for me in the whole classic maps list theres only about 600 people total! Theres more people playing five then all four classic maps, not to mention the revamped classic maps are totally worth it ,where else can you get the waffe,the winters howl, flogger, the good old help door, knife peter, throw nades at the hanging and lets not all forget the thompson and the trench gun yeah totally worth it.

and whats with this there putting the eggs back in come next patch thats only real bad choice I see man I bought those maps to egg hunt just like first strike and now I find out I was just wasting my time I knew something was wrong when the fly trap didn't work or I couldn't get the groom lake cordinates on shi no but they added that dive to prone glitch on asylum so I thought I was just doing something wrong [brains]

Give a big Round of Applause for Shapeshifter, the guy who would rather pay $15, then get something for FREE.

I would, because I would rather support the developers....

If you want to supoort them, do one of two things (Or both); Buy Rezurrection (NOT redownload classic maps) for $15, or make a donation to Treyarch. Yeah, you can buy the maps. You don't HAVE to redownload the maps. It's optional; redownload the maps and get it updated for free, or, if you really want, purchase the Rezurrection map pack from the marketplace. Ta-Da!

I have the Hardened edition and I see 100% no problem with everybody else getting the maps. Are you really so selfish that you don't want anybody else to have fun on Black Ops? You said the classic maps aren't fun, so why would you have an issue with other people buying them?

You just don't get it do you? You paid for the privilage of having the maps 6 months earlier than all of us, that's why you're out of pocket compared to the guys that are only just getting it cuz they've waited an extra 3/4 of a year. It's like Black Ops itself, when we first bought the game it was about £40 anywhere you'd find it. You can pick it up brand new for £20-30 now since it was released a while ago. A lot of people wait for the game to go down in price before they buy it (therefore waiting a few months before they get it), same thing with these maps really, or in my case as I'm a pc gamer I had no option to buy the maps in the first place. So damn right they should be cheaper now that I only get a chance to get them 9 months late.

It is fun being able to get custom maps yes, but the whole point in getting the maps for Black ops is because the play has improved and there's no players on W@W these days.

This thread is ridiculous, 3arc will never see this as a bad choice - okay so they'll upset a few selfish assholes, can't please everyone, but on the whole they're making a lot of their customers happy and making money at the same time. I know if I was in your position I wouldn't have minded paying a little extra to have the maps so much earlier than everyone else, and I'd also be happy that now loads of people are getting them so it'd be easy to get into a co-op game with my friends on em.

Also to the guy above about the mod tools, those are just a beta release, the proper mapping and modding tools never get released until after ALL of the map packs are released, if people thought about it they'd stop whining. Not being an asshole just saying, why would Treyarch start letting everyone make their own maps when they haven't even sold us all of theirs yet?

so buying the hardened version just because i could afford it and it was available for my console makes me a selfish asshole?

i do get it what im saying is if the game was advertised as the classic maps was exclusive for 9 months only. i would of waited and got the standard version but that was not the case the way it was advertised was the classic maps are exclusive to hardened/veteran version only so really it was trickery to get people to shell out more. i didnt want the maps so i could brag about having them and flash off a cheap ass medal i got it because i as did many people think it was the only way possible in the whole entire universe to get them on black ops im a patient man i have a ps3 lol i could of waited.

so really it wasnt a privalige of time we thought we where buying. it was exclusivity i thought alot of people would of bought it aswell (excluding pc but in the end they get custom maps which is way better imo) but they didnt they got the normal version then when they thought the maps wasnt coming out whine about it when they had the same chance i did.

in the uk sainsburys was selling blops for 27 quid asda/tesco was selling it for 35 at release look it up if you dont believe me. i can understand your on treyarch/activisions dick right now because you are over the "moon" about this map pack (which i would be to if i didnt have it) the people who already had it is not and blatantly got mislead.

to make it fair they should double the price like they did for us

This thread is ridiculous

atleast we agree on something

Oh my God, all this fucking complaining, Jesus, go to fucking Africa and volunteer or something. Play a Battlefield game. You do not have an actual existing real problem.

If you bought Prestige you got an RC car and classic maps early.

If you bought Hardened you got classic maps early.

If not, you can make up for all that money you DIDN'T pay, you CHEAP BASTARD, by buying the classic maps, and turning your regular edition into a Hardened edition.

Of course, I bought Prestige so on top of the three maps packs that I bought, I get a free new map, with extras, and a 4-wheeled camera drone I use to chase my cats every once in a while.

I haven't read anything but the OP and i know that this has PROBABLY been said but look, you wouldn't say that if you hadn't bought prestige edition. Fact of the matter is, the Hardened and Prestiged editions are GONE. you can't buy them from game-shops, obviously you can't order them in as they don't make them anymore. If you try to get them off eBay you *WILL* be ripped off as the codes for the maps will be used already.

Treyarch is a company who likes money. Zombies players like maps. Treyarch release the original map for DLC and they make A LOT or money, whilst our community get what they have been asking for.

Sorry if this sounds flamey, just putting my opinion out there.

You just seem really selfish and bitter. You've had the exclusives for half a fucking year, and you're still bitching. Us PC players didn't even get the fucking option to get a special edition for the W@W maps, so for us to at least get an option now is fair. You also ask "WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?" - as most of us here are mostly zombies players and the classic maps is something a lot of us have been waiting for, the answer would, for most of us, be NO. You said you were just stating your opinion and didn't expect to get flamed, maybe people would have respected your opinion if it wasn't so selfish and written in a less condescending tone.

^I agree with this guy also. I would much prefer have one new map and the four classic maps than have five new maps.

Also i find it funny that in the OP he said "come at me" and said something about intelligent responses. Not much witty about that all-caps rant.

one more thing on top of what i posted before, is that people who bought hardened or prestige editions, you had the maps "exclusively" for a long time now. time to share.

Syndicate supports it also, because the way it is now, it takes a long time to find an online game on classic maps because there's rarely anyone trying to play them. this makes it so there will always be games available.

What somebody else put.

This thread is a complete

. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``