Bad choice, Treyarch.

Ok, rant start. Did you REALLY just do that Treyarch? I'm fine with it being a zombie map pack... But the CLASSIC maps? That's the only reason I got the prestige edition, because there were no hardened left, and I wanted the revamped maps. And you know how many free maps your giving away? Half of the community already has the maps due to gameshare, and you just gave them another one. I honestly think you lost a fan-boy here, because: 1. It said EXCLUSIVE TO THESE EDITIONS ON THE HARDENED AND PRESTIGE BOXES AND ADVERTISMENTS. Quote:

The "Prestige Edition" includes the full game, a collector's medal and display case, four additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game, a special outfit for PlayStation Home avatars, and a real-life version of the in-game RC killstreak car, which can send audio and video to a transmitter up to 200 feet away.
The same description comes with the Hardened edition as well. 2.Activision did this BECAUSE of CoDz. Well, not just, but forums like this too. Everyone is always complaining, "GAMESHARE TEH MAPZ W/ MEH, PL0X !11!one!!1" I'm very disappointed in Activision as a company, and Treyarch as a developer. They should have at least compansated us more as well, with 3 more maps for free. Or something like that, I mean, a soundtrack and a theme? I know one thing, they better be worth more than five dollars each, because thats how much a zombies map costs in a map pack. I'm sorry... :facepalm: I have to agree with whiteboy on this one... :ugeek: = Gypsie Fruitcake. I know I'm gonna be flamed, but come at me. I'll try to comeback at you with a highly logical counter opposition onto why I think my point of views are correct. And mods... Dont lock it, no matter what.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do lock it i say, you said not included with the standard edition. It wasn't included, it will be available to download if you didn't already know

Ah, but you see, It means that the buys of the standard edition should in no way be able to get these maps, without illegally gamesharing, or buying the other editions. There for it should be released as DLC for the STANDARD EDITION be cause they are not included in the STANDARD EDITION.

Do lock it i say, you said not included with the standard edition. It wasn't included, it will be available to download if you didn't already know

Ah, but you see, It means that the buys of the standard edition should in no way be able to get these maps, without illegally gamesharing, or buying the other editions. There for it should be released as DLC for the STANDARD EDITION be cause they are not included in the STANDARD EDITION.

Of course they ain't in the standard edition it is a DLC :facepalm:

True dat boyo.

I got the hardened edition so, i'm just chuffed i get moon for free :D

Believe me, Im happy Im getting ONE free map, a soundtrack, and a theme, but still.... It just doesnt seem right...

do you REALLY think they would make a feature completely exclusive and miss out on the chance to get more people to pay for it by releasing it to the public later?

think about it. you got the maps 8 months EARLY, you got an avatar, a medal, an RC if u have prestige, AND you get another map/soundtrack/theme for free now.

Hardened was how much more? i think that split difference is worth all the stuff you got, so please stop whining about it.

I'm not whining about anything, I just think its unfair to the people who bought it because it was one of the sole features of the special editions. No one cared about the avatar, or the RC Car. Everyone wanted those maps, and your just uptight and butthurt that PC didnt get them. (And I truly feel bad for you.)

Believe me, the only thing I hate about you is how you type like a child. If you want ANYBODY to actually take you seriously, type NORMAL.

You see this post is almost the same as the one I made the other day, but in this one you are complaining about people who maybe didn't have enough money of buying the hardened/prestige edition finally having a chance of getting the WAW maps and you getting free stuff.

:facepalm: Right back at you bro.

I'm not whining about anything, I just think its unfair to the people who bought it because it was one of the sole features of the special editions. No one cared about the avatar, or the RC Car. Everyone wanted those maps, and your just uptight and butthurt that PC didnt get them. (And I truly feel bad for you.)

:lol: wow :facepalm:

then why'd u buy the prestige/hardened edition? it was what, almost twice as much for the prestige edition for a whole 4 maps worth of actual content that people "actually used"? the original maps were good but hell, after getting them all for free in WaW there is no possible way to rationalize spending that much on them.. again.. with worse weapons and no better graphics.

the only reason i want them is to go through the raws and see if there is anything hidden in there, and thats probably the reason they didnt release it for PC until now anyway.

The same thing happened with MW2 and CoD: Classic... It's pretty much common sense to know they will release these things later on... (Though I myself tried to get Hardened first) Be happy, You got those maps for BO for 8 Months! and you'r getting this new pack for free... and don't have to fork out another $15 (I know it purely your own decision on if you want to buy the packs or not) :facepalm:

I didn't believe about this map pack at first then i came here and saw it with my own eyes and jumped for joy that i can now have the classic maps and these have and extra map along with them which i didnt expect at all, thought it would be area 51, anyway, there are still a lot of people like me and 6 of my friends who dont have the classic maps and we get them now and have to pay the usall 1200 MS and you had them 8 months early and you get the new map free.. also there is no need to be hateing on Treyarch for this there just giving the community what they want.. now everyone gets to have the joy of the new and improved classic maps that you and others got 8 months early.. plus, look on the bright side, no more people asking to gameshare since they can buy it now aanndd 'drum role please' the people who got the maps early but there friends didn't now can have happy happy fun time together... so yeah no need to get pissy with them :facepalm:

Guest xeinpo

All this forum ever does is complain. "Treyarch does not listen to the fans and will never make a Zombie map pack. Activision are money whores who never will" And when you finally do, of course you complain. What you are saying is ignorant. You are saying that "I don't want everyone else to have the maps because i BOUGHT mine". Activision and Treyarch listened and brought it out. You are getting the Moon for free. You had the Classic maps for a huge amount of time before everyone else. And i don't understand why the hell you spent an extra about Hundred dollars on Prestige just because they didn't have hardened. What Treyarch and Activision are doing is actually generous but just because you bought the prestige JUST for the Classic maps you feel the need to complain because you want to have the maps all for yourself to boast about how you got the prestige.

I paid £40 for the classic maps alone. I bought them on ebay. That's around 70usd. I should be really peeved, but I'm not. I am actually chuffed that i can play all my friends, plus i now get all these extra's for free! Even though my total black ops spends is quite high now. £45 game, £40 for the cmp, £10 first strike, £10 escalation, £10 annihilation, that's a total of £115 . . . Wow, 115 that's amazing, i just noticed that. All cos i love the zombies!

P.s. That's just short of 200 us bucks!

It said it wouldn't be included in the standard edition of Black Ops. Its not. Now 8 months later their not updating Black Ops and giving us the maps for free. Their releasing it in a freaking "map pack" for 1200 MP. Its an ADD ON to Black Ops. Now calm the fuck down.

Hey! That's what I said ;)

Alright, whatever, fuck this shit. I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT WAS A GIFT. I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, AND I COULD JUST GET THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE PC FILES. ITS LIKE ONE PERSON WHO ISN'T AS FAMOUS ON THE FORUM VOICES THEIR OPTION AND YOU FLAME THE FUCK OUTTA HIM. ALL IM TRYING TO SAY, IS TREYARCH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN LAZY, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE NEW MAPS FOR MP4. WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?AND THE CLASSIC NAPS ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HALF THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CANT SAY SHIT, THEY COMPLAIN AND BITCH JUST AS MUCH AS I HAVE IN THIS ONE THREAD. CoDz IS SLOWLY TEARING ITSELF APART. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT NEGATIVE BRAINS WERE REMOVED? BECAUSE IF THRY WERE STILL HERE, I WOULD HAVE JUST GOT NEGATIVE 16. BECAUSE OF MY OPTION. THANKS GUYS, REAL GOOD SHIT GOING ON HERE. PLUS, IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ALPHASNAKE, FAUST, OR CARBONFIBAH YOUR THREADJUST GETS STOLEN BY A NEWBIE. T~T I used to love CoDz.... It was a place where Stories were shared, friends were made, and we all worked together. But no one ever gives the weird kid a chance.... Do you think I flame most of you, on purpose? Nope. OCD makes it so everyone has to type perfect... To put it simple. It's like Kids meals. If you get this order, you get a special toy the other ones don't, unless they buy this one too. Oops! Menu change! Now the people who bought the special, the one that costs more, dont have an exclusive toy! Everyone gets it! But to compensate, if you bring your reciept in, you get a free straw. /secondrantover

Alright, whatever, fuck this shit. I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT WAS A GIFT. I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, AND I COULD JUST GET THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE PC FILES. ITS LIKE ONE PERSON WHO ISN'T AS FAMOUS ON THE FORUM VOICES THEIR OPTION AND YOU FLAME TBHE FUCK OUTTA ME. ALL IM TRYING TO SAY, IS TREYARCH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN LAZY, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE NEW MAPS FOR MP4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HALF THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CANT SAY SHIT, THEY COMPLAIN AND BITCH JUST AS MUCH AS I HAVE IN THIS ONE THREAD. CoDz IS SLOWLY TEARING ITSELF APART. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT NEGATIVE BRAINS WERE REMOVED? BECAUSE IF THRY WERE STILL HERE, I WOULD HAVE JUST GOT NEGATIVE 16. BECAUSE OF MY OPTION. THANKS GUYS, REAL GOOD SHIT GOING ON HERE. PLUS, IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ALPHASNAKE, FAUST, OR CARBONFIBAH YOUR THREADJUST GETS STOLEN BY A NEWBIE. T~T I used to love CoDz.... It was a place where Stories were shared, friends were made, and we all worked together. But no one ever gives the weird kid a chance.... Do you think I flame most of you, on purpose? Nope. OCD makes it so everyone has to type perfect... To put it simple. It's like Kids meals. If you get this order, you get a special toy the other ones don't, unless they buy this one too. Oops! Menu change! Now the people who bought the special, the one that costs more, dont have an exclusive toy! Everyone gets it! But to compensate, if you bring your reciept in, you get a free straw. /secondrantover

And you're comparing zombies to a happy meal because?..................

Just stop your complaining, the folks who bought the hardened and prestige editions get everything from that map pack for free. I only paid £30 for my copy of the Hardened Edition from GAME

So overall the total is £60, how much it is to actually buy the Hardened Edition in the first place.

I'm chuffed I'm getting this for free, it looks beast, so quit your whining and just let nearly everyone on this forum be excited for Moon. Plus, you're insulting other members by saying they "can't say shit"

I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT. WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?AND THE CLASSIC NAPS ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD. /secondrantover

Give a big Round of Applause for Shapeshifter, the guy who would rather pay $15, then get something for FREE.

I would, because I would rather support the developers....

I DON'T WANT MOON FOR FREE. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT. WOULDNT YOU HAVE LIKED 5 BRAND NEW MAPS?AND THE CLASSIC NAPS ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD. /secondrantover

Give a big Round of Applause for Shapeshifter, the guy who would rather pay $15, then get something for FREE.

I would, because I would rather support the developers....

They are already getting paid.

It all depends on how many people bought the hardened/Prestige edition.

I believe not many people did, thus the sales will be good so you are supporting the Developers by Downloading the Map Pack.

For Free.