Max Ammos from Wunderwaffe kills

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... 8-)

I was running around the 74u area with my Wonder Waffle when I accidentally pissed off George. He electrocuted the zombies and I went down the slide to cool him off. When I went back to 74u and let the zombies catch up, I shot them and they dropped a Max Ammo :)

I did the same thing to see if I could recreate it a few rounds later. I pissed off George and he shocked the zombies. I ran to the slide and cooled him off. Electric zombies show up, I shoot them with Waffle, BOOM: Max Ammo :D

Did I just get a lucky bug twice in a row or something?

Well... 8-)

I was running around the 74u area with my Wonder Waffle when I accidentally pissed off George. He electrocuted the zombies and I went down the slide to cool him off. When I went back to 74u and let the zombies catch up, I shot them and they dropped a Max Ammo :)

I did the same thing to see if I could recreate it a few rounds later. I pissed off George and he shocked the zombies. I ran to the slide and cooled him off. Electric zombies show up, I shoot them with Waffle, BOOM: Max Ammo :D

I'm not sure. I shot George with the wunderwaffe with the zombies there, they dropped a max ammo and a double points. So maybe shooting George is the key? Maybe someone can test it?

Well... 8-)

I'm not sure. I shot George with the wunderwaffe with the zombies there, they dropped a max ammo and a double points. So maybe shooting George is the key? Maybe someone can test it?

I'm pretty certain I've killed enough zombies with it and seen them killed to have tested that they don't ever drop anything when killed. I'm guessing that's at least 5000 zombies conservatively, so it would a chance of less than 1 in 5000 minimum. But you've both obviously seen it and in both cases George was involved. Maybe there is something in that?

Happened a third time. The circumstances as far as I can tell involve being on your next to last clip or less, and killing an electric zombie from a pissed off George. Still testing :D

EDIT: I'm starting to believe this is intentional by the developers, as I've never seen anything drop from a zombie killed by a Wunderwaffe in CotD BESIDES a Max Ammo.

Happened a third time. The circumstances as far as I can tell involve being on your next to last clip or less, and killing an electric zombie from a pissed off George. Still testing :D

EDIT: I'm starting to believe this is intentional by the developers, as I've never seen anything drop from a zombie killed by a Wunderwaffe in CotD BESIDES a Max Ammo.

Do some more testing. Either you're really lucky, or the chances of getting a different drop (AKA my double points) is extremely low. Well more testing is needed. By the way, what system are you on? I got mine on xbox. I'd like to try this on my friend's PS3, but I'd have to get the solo Easter egg for him -.-

I too have seen this,

But only when im looping round the bottom of the lighthouse with george all pi$$ed off.

You're not supposed to get pickups from the infradead - but i get the occasional max ammo when they're all electrified.

See the max ammo....unleash as many shots from the infradead as possible (hopefully killing george in the process - grab max ammo...carry on :mrgreen:

I got to wave 50 doing this on solo - pitty it doesn't count on the new groupings :(

I too have seen this,

But only when im looping round the bottom of the lighthouse with george all pi$$ed off.

You're not supposed to get pickups from the infradead - but i get the occasional max ammo when they're all electrified.

See the max ammo....unleash as many shots from the infradead as possible (hopefully killing george in the process - grab max ammo...carry on :mrgreen:

I got to wave 50 doing this on solo - pitty it doesn't count on the new groupings :(

You're not supposed to get drops from the Scavenger Upgraded either? o: In your case it is George as well. This is very interesting.

By the way guys, once you anger George, don't lead him into the pond at the bottom of the lighthouse where you train,loop,play follow the leader. Instead, take him through the lighthouse and down the super happy fun slide to speed cola. I find this way much safer than the tiny pond of death.

I too have seen this,

You're not supposed to get drops from the Scavenger Upgraded either? o: In your case it is George as well. This is very interesting.

By the way guys, once you anger George, don't lead him into the pond at the bottom of the lighthouse where you train,loop,play follow the leader. Instead, take him through the lighthouse and down the super happy fun slide to speed cola. I find this way much safer than the tiny pond of death.

I've definitely had drops from upgraded scav kills....but thinking about it, I've always had VR-11 insta kill in effect....

I too have seen this,

I've definitely had drops from upgraded scav kills....but thinking about it, I've always had VR-11 insta kill in effect....

O_o! On zombies? So you shoot the zombiesd once with the VR-11 and they have the exploding effect?

Yup VR11-Lazarus will give you the pickups irrelevant of the weapon you used.

Nice to know mate, brains for you. Maybe I was imagining it but we seemed to get more drops when using the VR-11 than we did killing them the regular way.

Is it when you hit George when he is on his own, which electrocutes the zombies and then killing them or hitting George and other zombies at the same time?

The times I've caused it were Geoge getting pissed and electrifying the zombies with his ground smash. After I lead him down the slide and the zombies return, they seem to have the possiblilty of a Max Ammo drop from the Wunderwaffe.

the wunderwaffe and hyena can both spawn pickups without george or the v-r11.

That's wrong. I've never gotten a power-up from using the Wunderwaffe normally, nor the Scavenger/Hyena Infra-dead. It's the same as the Thundergun.

I am on PS3 and I feel like testing some stuff out. I will get the Scavenger, get George to electrify some zombies and then see if I get drops.

Maybe if this is true, electrified zombies give power-ups more often than normal zombies.

I've never seen a max ammo (or any other powerup) drop from a zombie after shooting it with the wunderwaffe. I didn't think it was possible.

By chance, are you shooting the zombies in water to get this to happen? Just wondering if its the freezing thats killing the zombies and causing the powerup to drop rather than the actual gun.

To get a Max Ammo while rocking the wunderwaffe, I usually do Phd flops and knife kills.

Well... 8-)

Great find! How has no one given you brains for this yet?! Here you go :D

Well... 8-)

Great find! How has no one given you brains for this yet?! Here you go :D

I recently read somewhere that apparently electrified zombies drop Max Ammos more regardless of weapon. Can anyone else confirm this?