Has any 1 even seen a George Romero movie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Romero's new movies are terrible compared to the originals in their prime. Try watching the original Night of the Living Dead, or the original (1978) Dawn of the Dead, which is in my opinion the all time best zombie movie.

Check out his early work, it's much better than the stuff out now.

I've seen the original three...

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead

Day of the Dead

The more recent ones I've decided not to watch in order to maintain my respect and fanhood for Romero.

I watched Night of the Living Dead again last Halloween, and it's still good! Don't let the B/W film turn you away from watching it. The film was produced during the color era, but was shot in B/W for budget reasons. This film is somewhat historic because this is the first time I can remember a black guy out living a bunch of white people in a horror film. The reason you fear zombies rising from the grave and breaking in your house is because of this film.

Dawn of the Dead is probably the best zombie movie ever made, hands down. The remake is good too. But theres something about the original that makes this film great.

Day of the Dead is a good follow up to the zombie apoco universe presented in Dawn of the Dead. This was the first film that I can remember where the entire world as we know if is ruled by zombies. It has some gory 80's special effects in it, that are awesome in comparison to todays CGI. By many zombie fans, this is the last good zombie movie Romero ever made. There's a particular zombie in this film that pretty much sums up the beginning of the end of Romero's legacy as a great zombie film maker. He only goes downhill from here.

Romero was also involved with `Tales from the Darkside' which runs on SyFy channel every so often for day-long marathons, as well as the Creepshow films(love Steven King's plant-man storyline). But his first three zombie films are great, and Land of the dead as well, since most young people today probably can't stand the quality of his stuff from the 70s & 80s start there, then watch the original `dead' trilogy. I took a day off school in Jr High and watched them, well worn art.

He also is considered an Indie pioneer, he made his movies very cheaply, and often lied about how much was spent so he could sell more copies overseas. I think Day only cost them $1/2 a mil. at most.

• 2 weeks later...