Solo easter egg?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this has probably already been investigated, I noticed that in solo 3 of the 4 buttons were pressed (the ones to take you back in time), but one (to the left of the Quick Revive) isn't pressed. I tried pressing it, but nothing happened. However, there might be something there... At least, I hope so.

Although this has probably already been investigated, I noticed that in solo 3 of the 4 buttons were pressed (the ones to take you back in time), but one (to the left of the Quick Revive) isn't pressed. I tried pressing it, but nothing happened. However, there might be something there... At least, I hope so.

none of them are pressed until you turn the power on i believe?

but no the EE can not be done in solo. as far as everyone as seen anyway. it takes 4 to turn the eclipse on.

Last night when I was playing it, I was hitting a few gongs. After hearing the ring that goes on after you hit one, I thought to myself, "maybe you have to hit all of them with a certain sound in a certain amount of time before the ring goes away." Has anyone tried it yet.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i was trying to do the easter egg. (i suck at shangri-la but i love how the easter egg looks.) not knowing much about it by myself. and found myself stumped... so i looked it up. and i got pissed because i couldnt do it solo. its my brothers acount so i cant friend any of you gamers out there unless i personally know you.. also my parents moniter it.. so i cant..

BUT i did notice about the gong hitting. that i hit one and then a certain second one and a certain third one and it built a chord. Im really starting to think that has something to deal with it. unless theres more that i just havnt hit yet.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry ive posted like 4 times... but anyways..

so going back to the dude who said

, "maybe you have to hit all of them with a certain sound in a certain amount of time before the ring goes away." Has anyone tried it yet.

i think that has something to do with it. Since the gongs have to be important some how since the developers put so many in there with different sounds when hit. what i have noticed last time i played is that only 4 of them build the chord. and also going back to the dude who noticed the 5th button on top of self revive while playing solo. Last time i played i watched that button alot. it never popped out like the rest of them. i turned on the power nothing happened. the only thing i can think of is hitting the 4 gongs to build the chord and then see if its out then. im no sure if itl work. its just a thought. i also didnt have the song played before i tried (didnt get that far) so maybe the song has to be played before the button pops out.

i think that has something to do with it. Since the gongs have to be important some how since the developers put so many in there with different sounds when hit. what i have noticed last time i played is that only 4 of them build the chord. and also going back to the dude who noticed the 5th button on top of self revive while playing solo. Last time i played i watched that button alot. it never popped out like the rest of them. i turned on the power nothing happened. the only thing i can think of is hitting the 4 gongs to build the chord and then see if its out then. im no sure if itl work. its just a thought. i also didnt have the song played before i tried (didnt get that far) so maybe the song has to be played before the button pops out

The gongs are actually part of the big Easter egg when you are getting the crystals. But about the fifth button.. Maybe you need to use up quick revive until its gone an then the button will pop out like the others

I used up quick revive. And had power on. Still no luck of the button sticking out. the only thing i can think of that might have anything to do with it is the baby gun which i know you need it for the big easter egg on multiplayer. but i dont know what to do about the button.

• 3 months later...

My take on the solo easter egg for this map is YES it can be done....no one has done it yet...Definitely does not mean it isn't possible. I have done this with 4 players and I am still playing around with trying to activate the eclipse solo. All of the other items needed to do the easter egg solo are indeed still in the map.

Example(s); the tunnel you have to lead the fire zombie through still has the gas wheel that is turnable and the lever beside it. When you are in the waterfall area near the backside of the map, the stone that says "Don't hold []" or X if xbox, is also still their.

There is one radio located near the MPL that explains how the original founders of the temple got locked inside. The other radios appear later after completing further steps in the easter egg. The holes in the tunnel that need to be plugged with spikemores are also still their....AND the buttons on the wall still come out when power is restored.....Just to name a few

(The 4 gongs btw have to be hit in a certain order during the eclipse. There are 8 total, after hitting the correct 4, you will notice the TreyArch symbol above the crystal ball near the top of the map where the mine cart begins. Hitting the incorrect gongs will result in a high pitch noise.)

To sum it up, and after hearing an interview with one of the developers, I feel there is a way to do it solo. I don't believe that all of these things would be placed in the map solo if it wasn't attainable. SO KEEP TRYING. The hardest part is going to be activating the eclipse, the rest is cake...

If anyone wants to join a game/add me, my username is ITALYv-tec1994

If this confused anyone, you should probably check out an online video of 4 people successfully completing the easter egg. This will give you an idea of what needs to be done, and possibly what steps could be condensed to a solo player....

-Vin