My Shangri-La review

LMW-YBC

The first day of Shangri-La has really brought much more than I expected! So much, that I didn't really bother about the little extra 'fee' for it.

I think that I've played the map enough to write a full review on it. I will go through the following:

-Size

-Features

-Details

-Difficulty

BTW These are MY personal opinions.

Size

Shangri-La feels alot smaller with it's cramped spaces and minimum 'safe' zones, but if you look at it properly, it's actually rather big. It's really easy to get from one side of the map to the other quickly thanks to the Slide and the Cart, and the Geysers can be a little boost to reaching higher ground. I don't like how far apart the slabs are that allow access to the Pack-A-Punch machine. It makes the team split up, and can be disastrous if done in the middle of a round.

Score:7/10

Features

There are alot of new features in Shangri-La, like the 31-79 Jgb215(AKA Shrink-Ray)and the lethal Spikemores. But Treyarch have put too many new interactive stuff like the Slide and the Mine Cart, that it doesn't feel like it used to. I'm not saying I hate these, but all I wanted was a simple map of Zombies, not all this which gives a quick getaway.

I'm glad that the Monkey Bomb have returned though, and the female Zombies and Monkeys add a bit more variety. And the Napalm and Shrieker Zombies were perfect IMO!

Score:7/10

Details

Treyarch really did pay attention to detail. The temple look was spot-on if you ask me! And the Zombies look more scarier than I can ever remember with the tattoos and infected areas. But the thing that really bugs me is, IT DOESN'T FEEL CREEPY! It's way too bright, even underground, and the temple theme could have been changed to a more creepier place.

Score:6/10

Difficulty

This map is as solid as rocks at times. The Zombies are way too agressive to even consider getting within a meter close, and those damn Monkeys can really be a pain in the ankles! The Napalm Zombie is extremely dangerous, and should be avoided at all times. The Shrieker kinda reminds me of a bolter Zombie from Call of the Dead, mixed with a Gas Zombie. Although they are much less worse than the Napalms', they are still much harder than normal Zombies. The countless tight spaces can also be a real danger.

Score:9/10

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Treyarch said that Shangri-La would be the oppisite of Call of the Dead which was open spaced, and if you don;t think it's creepy than turn on the Eclipse :twisted: makes it look bad ass the difficulty thing I 100% agree with you,

I love it when the game is intense like in five, not like feeling smooth and bored like Ascension and Kino :| I liked those maps since you can get high rounds and I love how you can change the map when you want, this map is awesome :D but just going to say this

This map is not fun on solo :| gets really boring for some reason, but in other maps there fun on solo idk it feels boring

Regards Yellow-card8