Shangri-La <-> Der Riese Connections - Schwarze Sonne

Der Major

Hi everyone,

As you might know, the german word "Schwarze Sonne" (black sun) was written on a chalkboard on Der Riese.

>> "Schwarze Sonne" on Wikipedia.

Please read it my english isnt good enough to explain it...

This is the symbol of "Schwarze Sonne":

And I think you can see it in the Shangri-La loading-screen with a bit fantasy...

I think this could be a link to Der Riese/Dr. Maxis/Group 935.

I hope you unterstand what I try to show you :D .

Sry if someone posted already.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see a newer member of the site posting some quality info! :]

Thanks! :D

Does black sun mean the mooon!?

It could be the moon, yes...

Black sun is also a (rarely used) other word for a solar eclipse... (Solar Eclipse Easteregg Link?)

It was written on chalkboards on Der Riese, so it maybe was written on it by a Group 935 member.

If Dr. Richtofen still works/still wants to work for 935 this could explain why he wanted to travel to Shangri-La.

• Administrators

[brains] to you lad!

Well, in a linguistic perspective, it makes sense (the black sun being the solar eclipse). But as you pointed out w/ the symbol of the "black sun", why would it be the sinkhole on the Shangri-La page? Not trying to derail the possibility, just looking at it from a different view. But I do believe you might have established some connection between Maxis and MP3. Good job!

Well, in a linguistic perspective, it makes sense (the black sun being the solar eclipse). But as you pointed out w/ the symbol of the "black sun", why would it be the sinkhole on the Shangri-La page? Not trying to derail the possibility, just looking at it from a different view.

Shangri-La could be a sort of a nazi memorial place, I think somebody posted already that german explorers traveled to Himalaya/Asia...

This would also help to understand why "Richtofen" is written on a stone on Shangri-La.

...some connection between Maxis and MP3. Good job!

By the way whats MP3? :)

• Administrators

That could fill into that theory...but many theories have said (coincidentally) that it's more of a "haven lost to Element 115". But yes - Nazis might have gone there (in regards to Richtofen's name on the altar).

MP3 is Map Pack 3. My apologies - it's not the most suitable term. I meant connection between Maxis and the mystery of Nazi intelligence in Shangri-La.

More tastey brains for you.

Well spotted with the black sun symbol on the loading screen, everytime I play shangri la, I stare at that loading screen thinking what the relevance is of it.

There is definate some link to Group 935 now...

Good work fella.

Just when I was beginning to get down beat with all the shennanigans with claymore over the past week, this has just perked me up again.

I was pondering about this......... Could Shangri La be the very first instance of Element 115 reaching earth (hence the meteor) which was during an eclipse and they are trying to recreate this in Der Rise with making time standing during an eclipse. So Richtofen needs to go back to where it all stared to obtain the stone, but this leaves the question "why didn't Richtofen go there earlier?" Could it be that he needed to gain the other items first before he could travel to Shangri La.

Who Knows, The Truth is out there!!

• Administrators

I have info on the Black Sun, it'll be out in a few days. See in my sig the thread of epic proportions? Ya it's that. Let's just say... the Black Sun relates to Hollow Earth ;)