Call of the dead split-screen strategy needed.

Me and my friend have been trying to get far on call of the dead but it never works out cuz we dont have a good strategy, in ascension we both just do our own rapetrains and our highest round is 40 on that map but on call of the dead its only 17. so please tell me if you have a good split-screen strategy? :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what me and my bro do, one goes to the lighthouse (up to the stairs to the lighthouse) and the other person goes to the ship, (just open 2 ways then camp). then u fight off a couple rounds, then the person on the ship will turn on the power, and fling over to the other person. Then u hold off for 1-2 rounds. After that go down in the lighthouse as far as u can and open the door that leads to the ice slide (dont go down it though) go to the house and one person will watch the windows while the other is front lines. Once u cant hold that position anylonger go to where juggernogg is, and one person watch that window while the other is front lines.

Just switch positions whne u cant hold them. [brains]

The absolute best strategy in my opinion is 2 players outside the lighthouse, with the lighthouse door shut, and the boat to the ship open.

The key is to have 2 seperate circles, 1 by the pool and the other infront of the AK74u.

The best tip I can give is to practise on solo running trains in those small little areas.

Both players should have M&S and AK74u, you don't need anything else until around 35-40.

I've been over 40 5 times with this strategy.

Savage and I are going to have a go at 50....we attempted it last weekend and died on 40.

When we do it he is going to capture card some of it because as far as I am aware no-one has posted this strategy before, anywhere. As long as you both know how to control your zombies getting ammo is never a problem....we even did it without mics a couple of times whilst his was charging. He also had a 2 bar connection, and massive props go to him for playing with that connection so well.

Savage had never run this strategy before but I think he would only use this one now. You have AK ammo for both players, and revives are really easy. You can either circle all the zombies at one end, whilst the downed player crawls to the other end.....even with QR you can always get the revive if you have the balls to trust that you will get it...normally you will take a couple of hits. Or you can run to the ship, round there and then go upstairs before jumping back down.

There is no camping strategy that will work past round 25 or so....the best camping strat is probably 2 players by the power room with HKs or RPKs. I just hate camping myself.

• 2 months later...

Step 1: MP40

Step 2: Hold the top of the boat until you both have money for Juggernog. $750 for power door - $1000 for jug door - $2500 for jug.

Step 3: Head for the lighthouse from the jug direction. Train until you can open side door (by the captives) the lighthouse door on the floor above. This will make the glitch work in full effect.

Step 4: Get PHD Flopper

Step 5: Best player runs trains by the AK74 area and the other works the glitch until both players have $5000. The MP40 should still be doing the trick just fine.

Step 6: Pack your pistol to a Mustang /Sally

Step 7: Upgrade your MP40 to a box gun. Keep the MP40 till you get the gun you want from the box.

This should easily get you to round 20 without requiring much talent.

Must have perks are Jug and Flopper - the rest are up to you.

DO NOT GO FOR THE BOX UNTIL YOU HAVE MUSTANG SALLY. You may get lucky with the box but luck is not a strategy. Better to have a solid weapon set before going gambling with your cash.

In that case have both players run small circles each using half the area by the AK74 until you have enough cash. I would still leave that door closed as it will make running trains very hard when opened. Zombies flow out of that door.

Weather you play the game as it is programmed or how you think it should have been programmed does not matter to me at all. Since this strategy is for split screen I don't think it much matters. If you are playing online I would avoid glitches since it is a ranked match.

EDIT TO ADD - I would also suggest before you open the boat (750) That leads to the AK74 area that you hold that spot with both players. Two people should be able to hold this spot pretty well as long as you alternate who is firing /reloading. Stand just after where the zombies come up from the ground so that none will appear behind you.

My favorite strategy is to start by going to the power ship, one person heads toward juggernog while the other flips the power, both players grab juggernog and head towards the lighthouse.

One person lures outside the lighthouse, the other inside.

Keep doing this till about round 20~25ish when it starts taking a bit for the rounds to end, grab a scavenger and work the lures so that the inside guy

Brings his mob out to collect with the outside guys mob, fire a scavenger shot and move back to your respective spots.

I find this strategy works well untill upper 50's, Then switch to a PaP'd VR-11 and do the same as before except hit your teamate with the VR-11

(Once as it conserves ammo) Your teamate then throws a grenade, etc. killing the mobs, return to lure spots and begin anew!

This strategy got a friend and I to round 85 you should be able to do the same given some practice.

Good luck and have fun!

fire a scavenger shot and move back to your respective spots.

I find this strategy works well untill upper 50's, Then switch to a PaP'd VR-11 and do the same as before except hit your teamate with the VR-11

(Once as it conserves ammo) Your teamate then throws a grenade, etc. killing the mobs, return to lure spots and begin anew!

This strategy got a friend and I to round 85 you should be able to do the same given some practice.

Good luck and have fun!

That was when your credibility disappeared.

Well...it seems people are making things more complicated than they really are. The best strategy in terms of ammo, time, safety is kind of a mix of what a few people said in this thread. The ak74u strategy that has both players trying to get ammo is flawed obviously because you are having your zombies collide and can't kill them with the 74 ammo in higher rounds. Glitching obviously won't get you anywhere obviously because you run out of ammo and have to move and the fact that rounding your zombies up and making them form a line for collateral allots you more points than you would get from hitting the 2 or 3 at once at most in the glitch.

So my strategy is this: two players run small circles in front of the lighthouse. One in front of the ak74u counter-clockwise and one in front of the pool of water also counter-clockwise. You need Matryoshka's, Scavenger, VR-11 Lazarus, Mustang & Sally or LAW. All you need to do is round up all the zombies until they stop spawning time your mobs right to combine them and bring them to the pool in front of the foghorn to VR-11/Scavenger/Matryoshka. The VR-11 then obviously makes you invincible, invisible, and makes you insta-kill then you can M&S/Law all the zombies in one shot. This also works with the Scavenger & Matryoshka's. Just switch it up when you get bored or are running low on one gun ammo and wanna keep a clip in a gun for max ammo.

This strategy maximizes time productivity and ammo because you have all the zombies in one area and you don't have to buy ammo so you can kill zombies pretty much as fast as you can to achieve a high round asap. No "luring to spots to begin anew or buying 74u ammo or inside/outside lighthouse" like some people mentioned in this thread...just all zombies in one area being killed by 1-2 bullets each spawn.

Tips:

1. Scavenger is two hits on 34, three hits on 43. All pack-a-punching does is increase ammo capacity and range so only pack-a-punch if you really need to. (Damage is increased but for some reason...doesn't make a difference...go figure)

2. Matryoshka's are always one hit kills and get take out all the zombies if you aim them right.

3. If someone goes down have them crawl to a far side while you group the remaining zombies up to run and revive him while not killing ANY zombies so he can get his perks/guns while you hold all the zombies.

4. George is a whore...so just make him go away >_>

5. When you get a max ammo and you have spare VR-11 ammo, fire it all into your teammate as it stacks. Your teammate will then be able to run around and kill stuff with ease while you just group them up...just watch out for the color change as it seems to mess some peopel up after being in that mode for 2 minutes.

6. If you have Mule Kick make sure to put vital guns like the VR-11/Scavenger in the first or second slot so you don't lose them when you go down and that in turn is a waste of time that can be prevented.

7. The reason I said LAW is because it has a larger blast radius than M&S and always kills the mob in one shot...you kind of have to make sure the mob is tight and fire in the middle to kill all in one M&S.

8. You can kill George for perks and Wunderwaffe but chances are someone is going to go down so if you are confident that you won't go down that wunderwaffe can help you conserve ammo.

9. For an extra precaution you can always do the easter egg and keep the golden rod handy if you ever run short of ammo.

10. This strategy is 5-6 hours to round 50 when I did it. (2 players)

11. This strategy enables you to kill 54 complete spawns while keeping a clip in each weapon for max ammo. You can kill 66 spawns if you waste all your ammo. This doesn't include Raygun. (Using VR-11 + explosives, Scavenger, Matryoshka's)

Well...it seems people are making things more complicated than they really are. The best strategy in terms of ammo, time, safety is kind of a mix of what a few people said in this thread. The ak74u strategy that has both players trying to get ammo is flawed obviously because you are having your zombies collide and can't kill them with the 74 ammo in higher rounds. Glitching obviously won't get you anywhere obviously because you run out of ammo and have to move and the fact that rounding your zombies up and making them form a line for collateral allots you more points than you would get from hitting the 2 or 3 at once at most in the glitch.

I totally agree with all of your strategy apart from this. I have played to 44 with a fellow CODZer using just the AK strategy, with some VR-11 thrown in on some rounds.

We did round 35 with standard AKs, not even PAPed. I clutched round 43 on my own with just a PAPed AK. If you both know how to control zombies they will not collide, they may combine but it's never a problem.

That was when your credibility disappeared.

Er how so?

If you had been to round 85 you would have realised that past round 34 the scavenger is next to useless. There is no way you and your friend were killing zombies in the high 50's with this gun.