bowie knife or sickle?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't quote me on this - but im fairly sure the Sickle and Bowie deal equal damage.

Can someone provide some of the game files to confirm this?

I have no preference - they both rule!! Spes with a balistics PAP :D

Based on nothing more than my own experience, I would agree with you, I think other than animation and appearance they are the same. I think they just replaced the Bowie knife with a sickle, because a sickle is more associated with Russia.

oops my bad...

Someone once did a report on how much damage the normal knife does and how many stabs were needed at each round to fell an undead.

I'd try and find it but I don't think it covered either the Bowie or Sickle.

We could do with something along those lines with fancy graphs and big words. lol

I might try it myself if I get a minute, also I don't normally get up to high enough rounds to make this useful info

:?: :?:

Have you ever used those things?? They both are a one hit kill till and with round 9. You dont need game files to find that out.

But if you want it: Both do 1.000 damage. Zombie's life in round 9 is 950, and in round 10 it is 1.045 :)

But if you want it: Both do 1.000 damage. Zombie's life in round 9 is 950, and in round 10 it is 1.045 :)

Thanks - this was helpful and constructive,

Have you ever used those things?? They both are a one hit kill till and with round 9. You dont need game files to find that out.

....not so much

That's my point lol. I rarely get passed round 10 on a solo game...

and the report I was talking about went upto round 50, they guy spent hours knifing zombies all in the name of science.

Bowie Knife gameplay is better because u dont throw the knife. 1 Point Bowie

Sickle i personly think looks cooler and more harsh. 1 Point for Sc

Bowie was in more maps then sickle, so problay from treyarches view they like the bowie knife better 1 point again for bowie knife.

Sickle i think looks cooler on Ballisctic knife than a bowie. half point cause that isnt much of an advantage

Finally if there was a fight and Dempsy had Bowie and Nikolai had sickle (and half drunken beer) The Sickle would most likely win.

At the end i would say, Bowie is better at gameplay and slaying zombies. And Sickle is better for zombie trailers and looks. :D that is my opinion. If u think of another reason something is not correct and dont like/prefer it please reply.

Regards, Saleen

Thanks - this was helpful and constructive,

....not so much

I had to laugh so crazy on that :D

No seriously, I admit, I could have saved the first part of my post, especially because the author is new to the board. And there are no dumb question, only dumb answers. I thought it is pretty obvious that the knifes are equal.

Damage is definitely equal. I didn't measure the time it needs to stab, but from experience I'm pretty sure it's equal too. Also if you do the "stab" attack or the "slice" attack is equally decided by the game, depending on the distance to the zombie. So they are equal from A to Z.

Anyway, I prefer the sickle, I just think it has more style.

I personally like the sickle throw animation, it makes me feel cool! On the other hand, Sarah got her's stuck in a zombie in CotD, rendering it useless.

The Bowie knife has only slightly came out ahead dude to the face it has built-in brass knuckles.

i love both of the knives, but the animation of the sickle is somewhat slower on some parts (or is it just me :? ) but overall i always buy the knives as fast as i can, it give you enough points till round 9 ( 1 knife needed) and after round 9 i mostly use my pistol and shoot a couple of bullets at a zombie and then knife them to dead :D