How to be a good CoDZ User

ccm404e

A little guide on how to become a well known, respected member of the CoDZ Community. I'll put some of the obvious and basic things to get yourself looking professional and like a good user. Also a handy guide on how to get [brains] faster.

Be nice! Very simple, try and be a nice person. Respect other people's ideas and don't hate on things.

Get a decent Avatar. Something that represents you and is relevant. Mine's a brilliant example. My name and a picture of a Zombie. MrRoflWaffles is also a great example. A Waffle, Rofl-ing...

Have a relevant signature. Pictures if you like. Quotes, Your highest round on different Maps. Whatever. Just make sure it gives relevant information. Links to random websites and pictures of Ice Cream, however awesome Ice Cream is, isn't really relevant.

Try and get into a usergroup. I've found that if you're in a usergroup, and your name is a bit bolder and in a bright colour, people will tend to look at your posts more. There are usergroups for quite a few things, so look through the list and find one you fall into.

Write good posts and theories. If you're posting good, well thought through and interesting theories, people will take interest in you and give your posts [brains] . Always try to research your theories and think them through as much as you can. Once you think they're good enough to post, post it. Make sure it has a good point or question, backed up with hard evidence.

Title your thread appropriately. You'll get much more helpful responses when your title is appropriate.

Posting in the right Forum Section. This is crucial.

Use the search button to determine if a topic has been made before making a new thread to avoid repeat topics.

Large Posts. Try to make one large post that has a brilliant theory and very good evidence that users will attribute to you.

WWK. The WWK group is a great group for writers, not sure if it is open right now.

Report Button. Reporting spam and hate threads is a good way to get more onto the mods side. But remember, don't report something just because you disagree with it. The thread should be either spam or just a completely pointless thread. Such as "RAY GUN IS MAXIS IN DISGUISE" or something that is created just to inflame.

There are many, many more things that make a good and respected CoDZ User. Post your own ideas below and i'll add them into this post. Let's try and make this a good guide on how to become a better CoDZ User.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I thought of a few big ones..

- Title your thread appropriately. You'll get much more helpful responses when your title is appropriate.

-Posting in the right Forum Section. This is crucial.

-One more is using the search button to determine if a topic has been made before making a new thread to avoid repeat topics.

One thing that I know will blast you ahead to epic status is to make on large post that people will attribute to you. I wrote a thing on the CoD HQ, then moved to being a writer on the old CoDz forum. Alpha Snake made his plotline. Anti-Earth made his "Dr. Clarke is the Theif" post. Each member has one turning point that they are remembered for.

Become a CoDz Elite:

CoDz is in it's element during a time where some form of codebreaking must occure, usually involving the entire community. I remember during GKnova6, we had a group of codebreakers banded together that would rival Anti-Sec themselves. If you are not into codebreaking, try theorising or researching. All of these are needed in a situation like this. You want to be an Elite? Get in one one of the virals!

reporting threads is a good way to make the mods like you :)

I thought they would just get annoyed because of the heaps of stupid spam bots going around

Great post by the way. About the avatar thing, i cant really have one that relates to my name... well not anything thats appropriate

@Johnson

Srgt. Johnson from Halo? Just throwing out an idea...

Anyways great post! Very informative, I can say for myself I've checked all those things off especially the Avatar part since I finally go around to making an Avatar that represents my Username. But still need a Usergroup but that will change on Aug. 13th (Did you know I joined on Fri. 13th at 3:33 Lot's of 3's and a very great day! ?*Sarcasm*)

RT @CCM404E

Write good posts and theories. If you're posting good, well thought through and interesting theories, people will take interest in you and give your posts [brains] . Always try to research your theories and think them through as much as you can. Once you think they're good enough to post, post it. Make sure it has a good point or question, backed up with hard evidence.

Title your thread appropriately. You'll get much more helpful responses when your title is appropriate.

Use the search button to determine if a topic has been made before making a new thread to avoid repeat topics.

Large Posts. Try to make one large post that has a brilliant theory and very good evidence that users will attribute to you.

RT @CCM404E

Sorry for being a complete N00B, but could you explain "RT @CCM404E"

RT @CCM404E

Sorry for being a complete N00B, but could you explain "RT @CCM404E"

RT on twitter stands for retweet