Issue with the green light? (COTD Easter Egg)

This is probably a stupid mistake on my part, but I want to see what you guys think. I've had this happen to me before and I couldnt explain it. Maybe someone else can.

I was helping a friend do the COTD easter egg. We had completed every step up to the golden rod. We activated the radios, set the ship controls, set the lighthouse dials, but the crawler died before we could activate the fog horns. 2 rounds went by and we did the fog horns and the green light did not appear. I went over to the front of the ship (next to the box spawn) and the submarine had disappeared/was never there to begin with (We didnt check beforehand, but the morse code had stoppped transmitting, so we made the assumption that the sub had surfaced). We went around, did all of the radios, with no avail, made sure the controls were set properly, checked the lighthouse dials, and did the foghorns again. Once again, no luck.

Any explaination or is there something I was missing? I'm probably gonna feel like an idiot if its simple, so if it is, could someone please cure my insanity?

Thanks

Robolash

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I think I had somewhat the same problem. I did the fuse, generators, vodka, dials, and the radios. Then the submarine came up, so we went on to the foghorns. I'm think we did them incorrectly but the green beam light wasn't showing up, so I checked to see if the submarine was there still and it was gone. About 2 or 3 rounds passed and I messed with the levers and wheel for a awhile( I couldn't do anything with them because they were stuck in place), checked the lighthouse dials for correction, then checked the submarine again and it came back up. We attempted the foghorns again, in the same order we did before the sub went down, and got the green light!

What I'm thinking is that the foghorns sometimes change order so I just keep trying the same order until the submarines signal gets it at the order I want it to be.

*Honestly, I'm not sure if this solved your problem, but I hope it atleast helped ^^*

I havent done the easter egg in co-op yet but arent you supposed to get nikolai vodka?

Yeah we had already got past the part with the vodka

Ah, I think I had somewhat the same problem. I did the fuse, generators, vodka, dials, and the radios. Then the submarine came up, so we went on to the foghorns. I'm think we did them incorrectly but the green beam light wasn't showing up, so I checked to see if the submarine was there still and it was gone. About 2 or 3 rounds passed and I messed with the levers and wheel for a awhile( I couldn't do anything with them because they were stuck in place), checked the lighthouse dials for correction, then checked the submarine again and it came back up. We attempted the foghorns again, in the same order we did before the sub went down, and got the green light!

What I'm thinking is that the foghorns sometimes change order so I just keep trying the same order until the submarines signal gets it at the order I want it to be.

I dont know if it did either, but at least I'm not crazy and I find (some) solce in that :facepalm: . Anyway, thanks for your help. Dont know if it fixes it, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I help my friend out.

Yeh, the submarine only stays for a short while so you missed it.

Well, if you miss it, it goes away.

However once we had a bug where the green light didnt come down the middle, it just made the humming sound. in the end, the EE still worked fine

Enlightenment

Thanks

Well whenido the easter egg I noticed after I doall the steps the submarine is sittingtherewith the beam hitting it from the top of thelighthouse but idk how to get the beam to shine down thru thelighthouse to use the vr11 to finish it.......idkif I'm doing somethingwrong like he is or I didn't do it right??

sounds like you had everything right and just missed it.. only occasion me and my bro had once is that some how one of the dials got switched in the light house, but the submarine was up and the green light was shining up. my bro went to shoot one of the zombies with the vr and the human ran up the stairs and into water we were like fut the wuck and tried it on the 2nd crawler same thing that ended the round and we had crawlers again the next round. my bro went and saw that one of the dials was wrong we redid the dials and the light came shining down through to the bottom however we were thwarted in our attempt to finish the EE lol

Well whenido the easter egg I noticed after I doall the steps the submarine is sittingtherewith the beam hitting it from the top of thelighthouse but idk how to get the beam to shine down thru thelighthouse to use the vr11 to finish it.......idkif I'm doing somethingwrong like he is or I didn't do it right??

Ya got to fix the lighthouse dials. The foghorns illuminate the light, the lighthouse dials bring it through. I had the same question when i did the easter egg.

• 2 weeks later...

we had that too. seems like a glitch.

what i try to do know is no one letting hit any horns, until you do that step. and i also do the dials after the horns.

once we also had the dials correct, green light outside, but not inside. what i did then was, i messed the dials up for one round, and reset them later, which then resulted in the green light inside.

therefore, i would recommend in that case, to mess the horns up deliberately, until the sub disappears, and then try again next round.

• 2 months later...

I had an issue a few weeks ago helping someone with the easter egg. The horns did not work for some reason the first time we did them. We waited till the next round so they were reset and did them again. This time we got the green light BUT....the green light did not come into the lighthouse The light went up into the sky as normal but did not go through the lighthouse. Thinking it was just a glitch and the light just did not render we tried to finish. We fired the VR11 at a zombie at the ground floor of the lighthouse but nothing. He just ran out of the lighthouse. I have done the easter egg a number of times and have never seen that happen before.