Shi no Numa and Verruckt Strategy?

I've been looking around and it's hard to find a strategy that will work for four people past about Round 20 on these maps. There isn't really any good circuits that I know of on these maps. Does any one have an idea of what to run on these maps in later Rounds?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNN-camp in the huts, that always seems to work. Verruckt-Balcony with the MP40, or camp out near speed cola (open on the side with the **** please report this topic, post **** only, the other side will just make it annoying. Usually the back window doesn't open, but if you open the door besides the **** please report this topic, post **** one, it will open.) This strategy doesn’t work as well on black ops, however, as the window opens anyways.

These classic maps seem harder on Black Ops, but I had a crazy match on Verruckt couple days ago and made it to round 27!

We started with 4 players but 1 dropped out early. I stayed in the Thompson room most of the match, grouping up zombies and killing them with the Winter's Howl. My 2 friends camped by speed cola, keeping the **** please report this topic, post **** door closed.

I recorded it so if you want to check my strategy here is round 24 (the last round i actually survived the whole time lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBxMbtEqsjA

If you guys have made it higher let me know what worked for you. After 24 the ice gun was taking too many shots to feeze them so I kinda pushed this strat to the limit.

-For Shi No Numa who ever gets the wonderwaffe just circle them up outside of the Comm Room, then whenever they way want (the person rounding them up) can go into The Comm room and hit the barrier. Then while one person is rounding them up outside, 1-3 players (if you have a 2,3,or 4 player game) stay in the Comm Room and hold it down. Leave one at the window at the end of rounds to get perks/guns. I'd suggest a Ray and an STG because the ammo flies fast so you could always just keep buying ammo for the STG plus Monkey Bombs incase the guy rounding them up outside goes down. Also, get bettys and place them all over the Comm Room, and when the Hell Hounds come go outside the Comm Room and and sit in the corner and kill them so your bettys don't go off inside the hut (this is up to you though).

-For Verruckt (this would be best with a 3-4 players) have whoever spawns in the German side (the side with MP40 and Double Tap) to open the starting debris and NOT TO OPEN ANYTHING ELSE ON THAT SIDE. Whoever is on the American side opens up the map and gets the power. (Never ever open the door next to Double Tap) Once you have the guns, have one person (or 2 depending guns/skill) get the window inside the barrier on the German side, and 2-3 get near the front of the barrier (if your are too far back they will run up the hallway past Double Tap and hit the guy at the window. Whenever needed one person can keep getting the barrier but I'd say you will have to start doing that at like Round 22ish. And of course tell the guy at the window to try to keep one at the end of a round so everyone can get perks/guns. It would also be good to buy bettys and place them at the back of the barrier incase they break out of the window (because the window gets very crowded).

-Both these strategies work very very well, but your gonna need good communication (mics) and players that are pretty decent. I hope this helped you.

I've been looking around and it's hard to find a strategy that will work for four people past about Round 20 on these maps. There isn't really any good circuits that I know of on these maps. Does any one have an idea of what to run on these maps in later Rounds?

Shi No Numa is more of a camping map. You move as the box moves, and try and stay near the main gate downstairs so you can use the flogger. There is a way to horde zombies by running around the Comm Room area, but that's more for Solo or two-player, and doesn't work that well. I usually like to start a round by the gate, and eventually make a run for one of the huts, use the trap, clear the windows and move on.

Verrukt is tough too, it all depends how long you can keep that back power room door closed. If you can hold the hallway by the power room until sometime beyond 15, you should be good money to survive. Don't buy any unnecessary doors. And always go to the power-room through the German side, which is up the steps rather than through the Thompson room. Verrukt is probably the hardest map to play with randoms, given that you need to cooperate to get to the box, and there are so few places to camp.

Both of these maps and Nacht Der Untoten are more camping maps than maps that have a loop. Running the circuit on W@W was something you did on Der Riese once it got into the 25-30 range, but before that W@W zombies were all about communicating with your team and picking a good area to hold up, and then hoping the guy fighting next to you will do his job. I wouldn't worry too much about finding a loop to run, I'd worry more about finding good teammates.

Thanks, we have trouble getting a 4th person for longer then about half a match, so we tend to modify things to fit 3 people. In Numa, we've been camping in that hut with the ramp up to it (fishing hut maybe?) with one person in the front, two in the back.

On Verruckt, we've turned on the power from the American side, opening up the MP40 area, but no further on the German side. One in the window, two in the front.

These strategies have gotten us to early 20s, but doesn't seem to work past that. Will be sure to try some of these mentioned.

• 7 months later...

Shi No Numa is more of a camping map.

This I disagree with entirely, there are more than enough kiting spots in Shi No Numa for 4 players to split up and run their own trains, always the most effective way of getting to the 30+ rounds. Refer to this video for a guide by Tom on how to run them:

9bkJOhJGb_o

For Verruckt, pretty much what Ant said:

For Verruckt (this would be best with a 3-4 players) have whoever spawns in the German side (the side with MP40 and Double Tap) to open the starting debris and NOT TO OPEN ANYTHING ELSE ON THAT SIDE. Whoever is on the American side opens up the map and gets the power. (Never ever open the door next to Double Tap) Once you have the guns, have one person (or 2 depending guns/skill) get the window inside the barrier on the German side, and 2-3 get near the front of the barrier (if your are too far back they will run up the hallway past Double Tap and hit the guy at the window. Whenever needed one person can keep getting the barrier but I'd say you will have to start doing that at like Round 22ish. And of course tell the guy at the window to try to keep one at the end of a round so everyone can get perks/guns. It would also be good to buy bettys and place them at the back of the barrier incase they break out of the window (because the window gets very crowded).

Camping as a strategy is useless if you want to get past round 40 because ammo runs out and conventional weapons stop working. To get to high rounds you need for everyone to run a train.

In Shi No this is easy as there are lots of areas to run individual trains. With four we have one in the thompson room, one just outside the flogger (fishing hut area), one just outside the comm hut on boardwalks and one just outside main hut in comm room area. This is very comfortable for reviving, running trains and using traps if you coordinate.

With Verruckt its harder because you have less room but we run one in the thompson room, one directly above at top of stairs, one outside **** please report this topic, post **** running loop through sawn off room and hall next to it, and one running american spawn running loop through the three rooms including the jug, hall and the other room next to jug. This gets tough past round 35 and is harder to coordinate runs through the traps when regular guns start to lose effect.