Why people hate Five

XxSandDragonxX

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The biggest room (control room) is not as difficult as you make it sound - yes, there are approximately eight windows, but keep in mind that every map works this way. In every room, there are four windows (for 4 players). Opening up a door adds an additional four barriers to take control over. Think about Kino der Toten for instance - if you're behind the curtain and turn on the power, the curtain opens up, and now you have an endless horde of zombies that can come straight down from the ceiling and windows. In fact, Five is actually less complicated because you KNOW there's going to be zombies thrashing around, but keep in mind that all of them come from a barrier. It's not Treyarch's fault you can't cover those lower barriers plus the additional four up top.

As for the teleporter...it's a matter of camping, really. It's not a big map (more complicated and narrow than large), so it's the easiest map to get owned by zombies. But nevertheless, I have to agree with you that it's not the most favorable zombie map (in fact, there's a reason why hardly anyone plays it anymore).

The reason why I dislike 5 is because of the following linear logic:

a. the level is hard. not a lot of room to run around, a lot of windows, not a lot of control on where you're going (warp locations).

b. since the level is as difficult as it is, the only real way to survive is by camping an elevator, going up, going down, back up, back down etc etc.

c. this style of gameplay gets very boring, very fast. it becomes tedious and uneventful.

that is, of course, imho

I dunno man...I used to hate Five, but it's now one of my favorite maps. Well, for solo and two player. I haven't played with more than 2 people on that map. I've played with 4 people but only to round 5 because they were randoms. But with 2 players if you stick together and your both good at dodging zombies you'll do good. My friend and me made it to round 26 on a 2 player game by running the circle in the computer room. It was fun as hell.

This map is definetley one of the harder maps, but thats why they gave us the defcon option I think. The defcon switches really gives you a headstart on some level and if you've got good weapons your pretty much in good shape to make it to far rounds. I personally like Five now. But I used to hate it with a passion.

I think many people hate FIVE cuz they haven't figured it out yet. I love it personally, I mean I did from the beginning cuz it was the 2nd zombie map I ever played (Der Riese was my first).

The basic solo strategy is just run round the middle, getting to that point can be pretty difficult if you're inexperienced though.

The basic strategy for 4 players is, get to the PaP room ASAP and cap there for the rest of the game, 2 players at the front and 2 in the back covering the windows.

2-3 players just makes the game hard.

Also a note, the teleporter next to the power switch will take you to either the middle room or top floor. So it's not completely uncontrollable.

I never really hated "Five", I just found other maps more amusing, and plus it's harder to find a match on it.

I did hate some things though. Like how they added the Nova Gas Crawlers, and how the basement is very tight-spaced. I get downed most of the time there, so I try to avoid staying for longer than a minute. Also, the traps in the map are near-useless. The worst place to put them IMO.

This used to be my least favorite of all the maps,

But with four people this map rules,

Wave 1 & 2 - stay upstairs no one buy any guns or doors,

Wave 3 - person with the most points opens MPL door - 2nd person with most points clears lift debris,

All get in the lift and head to the war room,

DO NOT OPEN THE NEXT BARRIER - this is vital!

Now all 4 players grab a gun of the wall (MP5 or PM11) - there are four barriers in this room - as appose to the starting room.

With each of you with a wall gun and a barrier each - the next 6-7 waves are no problem!

You can all easily rack up 10,000 points before hitting the power etc.

This also means you can get some decent guns out the box to kill the theif with first time round.

:mrgreen:

I only played Five a couple of times, just to see how it was and to get the trophies ( :geek: I know). It just doesn't give me the Zombies-feeling that other maps do, I'm afraid Shangri-La will have the same effect on me.

Also, the main characters make Zombies what it is. It was a nice idea with the president and all, but it just doens't work for me.

The reason why I dislike 5 is because of the following linear logic:

a. the level is hard. not a lot of room to run around, a lot of windows, not a lot of control on where you're going (warp locations).

b. since the level is as difficult as it is, the only real way to survive is by camping an elevator, going up, going down, back up, back down etc etc.

c. this style of gameplay gets very boring, very fast. it becomes tedious and uneventful.

that is, of course, imho

Well, you can run a zombie train on the control room floor. Doesn't take too long to turn on the power, buy the barriers, and buy Juggernog. (It's easier than it sounds.)

• 7 months later...