Feedback on Shangri La

Spud

(If this topic has already been made, please lock/delete/however this forum deals with unnecessary threads(I'm new) this thread.)

So, just like this thread for Call of the Dead, what's your opinion of Shangri La? Do you love it? Do you hate it? And why?

I personally like it a lot. At first I thought it was too small, I opened up the whole map I think on my first try, but I've realized it's a nice size. So here's my list of pros and cons

PROS

-Really nice graphics

-They fixed the screwed up way the zombies scratch you too fast/once to kill you that plagued CotD.

-31-79 JGb215. I don't like as much as the Thundergun/Wunderwaffe, but it's much better than the VR-11.

-Design is pretty good. Can sometimes be a pain the way zombies spawn all around you.

-Monkeys and Shriekers add a nice element to the gameplay.

-Random perk-a-cola locations spices things up.

-Minecart(and I love that zombies can ride it with you, but not hurt you)

-Monkeys are one hit kills. If they weren't I'd hate them.

-Water weakens Napalm zombies.

-Secret song was pretty good.

-Easter Egg has pretty nice prize and sounds interesting(I haven't watched or read about most of it yet).

-Monkey bombs return.

-"Secret trap" was a nice addition.

-Geysers are an awesome escape and nice touch.

CONS

-IMO guns from multiplayer and possibly also campaign/classic maps such as AK47, Stoner63, Uzi, PPSh-41 etc. would've been awesome additions.

-Shrunken zombies still hurt you.

-31-79 JGb215's "explosion" should be bigger, effecting more zombies IMO.

-Box shouldn't be before the power. Whenever I play online, everyone just spams the box and I end up having to buy the route to the power and Juggernog myself.

-Napalm zombies. SUCH A PAIN. Especially in the early rounds when they stun and hurt you and you go down trying to kill or run past them. Should definitely have less health at least.

-Napalm/Shriekers aren't required to kill. I think they should be required, just a personal preference.

-Not a big deal, but a "dog/monkey/theif" type round would've been cool. The level has 3 kinds of "special" zombies, I think a special round for one or more of them would've been nice.

-The obvious one; no traps. C'mon, we need traps. It's not our fault zombies are freaking invincible past round 30...

-Easter Egg only effects one person. Giant issue. I know you can do the EE 4 times, but it's still lame, who wants to do the egg 4 times? I think the EE should reward each person 3 or 4 random permanent perks. Although I'd probably ragequit if I got Quick Revive, Deadshot, and Doubletap.

-(Extremely minor issue) Backdrop ground(the faraway forest/hills) visible from the bridge should be solid so I can feel awesome by actually seeing my M72 Law/China Lake shot explode on the faraway ground.

-I'd really enjoy exploring other parts of the map, namely the cliff to the right of the bridge if you're looking off the bridge at the low lands below, and also the small temple to the left of the bridge where zombies spawn. How cool would it be if that line-type-thing off that cliff that goes to the temple was a zipline? But yeah, a little more exploring of this place's temples would've been cool.

If I think of more I'll post them. Please shares your pros/cons/thoughts.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic