Pack A Punch/ box weapons - key to success?

Interested to hear what people think of this, often when playing online many players seem to be going all out to secure a good gun from the box like the thunder gun or Ray gun, of course both these guns are good, and the thunder gun is useful if you are running complete laps of the map, but once you get to the higher rounds do you need one of these to keep going.?

One evening last week we played kino three players, and one of the others would go at the start of each round to get a gun from the box saying he could not survive without a good gun (we thought juggernog was a better idea). and of course kept getting downed.

I have tried a number of different strategies, my two favourites are looping the entire map (risk of getting zombies respawning coming towards you) and simply looping the top of the stage.

I have found that a cheaper gun like the mp40 or m16 does the job for points, stick on the turret and traps and its job done, of course i'm not saying that a good gun doesn't help, and who would say no to the thunder gun as a back up if things go wrong, but i have wasted 1000's of points trying to get a great gun to end up getting down with not enough points to re buy perks. when a simple mp40, maybe a nice stack of clays near the door on the stage in case things get too heavy, juggernog, speed cola seems to be good enough! what do you think? has nyone got to round 50+ with this set up?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested to hear what people think of this, often when playing online many players seem to be going all out to secure a good gun from the box like the thunder gun or Ray gun, of course both these guns are good, and the thunder gun is useful if you are running complete laps of the map, but once you get to the higher rounds do you need one of these to keep going.?

One evening last week we played kino three players, and one of the others would go at the start of each round to get a gun from the box saying he could not survive without a good gun (we thought juggernog was a better idea). and of course kept getting downed.

I have tried a number of different strategies, my two favourites are looping the entire map (risk of getting zombies respawning coming towards you) and simply looping the top of the stage.

I have found that a cheaper gun like the mp40 or m16 does the job for points, stick on the turret and traps and its job done, of course i'm not saying that a good gun doesn't help, and who would say no to the thunder gun as a back up if things go wrong, but i have wasted 1000's of points trying to get a great gun to end up getting down with not enough points to re buy perks. when a simple mp40, maybe a nice stack of clays near the door on the stage in case things get too heavy, juggernog, speed cola seems to be good enough! what do you think? has nyone got to round 50+ with this set up?

my best bet is 1 wall gun and 1 box gun upgraded with claymores for rape trains

ok i open up the door on the top of the stairs and run from the stage 2 the lobby and kill the zombies behind me then run to the room unlocked by the door stand by the trap lever and kill the zombies behind me.the run to the doors by the dressing room and whenever zombies spawn behind me i run to the next point i usually didnt get past round 13 but now i get 2 20 easy. and always keep a lmg as a secondary use it onthe zombies chasing the in front of you you kill with a powerful gun like the commando or ray gun as an example buy guns off the wall only when u r out of ammo

Kino is as simple as -

Power once you have 3k in points for Bowie, then Juggs ASAP.

Work with pistol and bowie until round 9, 10 use 4 pistols and 1 knife, 11 use 8 pistols and 1 knife.

Grab an MP40 or M16, both good until 20 or so.

Get Thunder and Monkeys by 25, then just loop the stage.

Whats the point in loooping?

If you get a good gun like the ray gun and upgrade it, it isn't nescessary to loop unless you are doing solo or have bad co-players ^_^

the ray gun isn't any better upgraded, and without looping it is easy to get surrounded regardless of the guns you use.

The best strategy I've found is to use a wall gun and a wunderweapon, upgrade both of them past round 20, and just point whore as much as you can. Then once you get into and past the 30's, loop up a swarm, point whore a bit, and lead them through a trap.

Whats the point in loooping?

If you get a good gun like the ray gun and upgrade it, it isn't nescessary to loop unless you are doing solo or have bad co-players ^_^

the ray gun isn't any better upgraded, and without looping it is easy to get surrounded regardless of the guns you use.

The best strategy I've found is to use a wall gun and a wunderweapon, upgrade both of them past round 20, and just point whore as much as you can. Then once you get into and past the 30's, loop up a swarm, point whore a bit, and lead them through a trap.

looping in co-op is good for the thundergun wipethem out if there in front of you then use ur wall gun on them.

I don't like the ray gun. Often when I get it in the box, I leave it there. It is overrated, makes almost no points and past 30 it uses too much ammo. I largely prefer a good old MP40/Thompson/ STG-44 / Type 100 unPaP'd, they are just sick to make points.

And besides, if your doing circles it is not necessary to have the ray gun if you do it good, since you'll always have the time to should a lot of clips of SMGs into the zombies.

I Pack-A-Punched the RPK and SPAS-12 on Ascension. Both are really good at tearing through hordes.

I also Pack-A-Punched my CZ75 on CotD, and it made for easy work combined with Deadshot.

Oh! We're talking about Kino! Well, for Kino, I choose Raid and any Wonder-weapon.

I don't like the ray gun. Often when I get it in the box, I leave it there. It is overrated, makes almost no points and past 30 it uses too much ammo. I largely prefer a good old MP40/Thompson/ STG-44 / Type 100 unPaP'd, they are just sick to make points.

And besides, if your doing circles it is not necessary to have the ray gun if you do it good, since you'll always have the time to should a lot of clips of SMGs into the zombies.

I usually have over 40000 poitns by round 30 and 2 upgraded weapons, claymores, all the perks, and bowie knife. if your worried about points at THAT level then you need a new strategy. Ray gun does 2000 damage upgraded and I personally get one hit kills with it at level 36ish, 37-40 I can get one headshot and a knife.