Easter Egg ~ Not Over

John

Well everyone seems to think the easter egg is over. And let me tell you ~ It's not.

There is still more to uncover in time.

First of all. The coffin you aquire the focusing stone on says "Richtofen"

And second of all, if you are Richtofen you still have the Golden Rod after the easter egg is complete. There has to be more. Also you still have the meteor :D

There has to be more. We can't just give up like that :shock:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no more, Achievement = Over.

The golden rod is just Treyarch's attention to detail coming into place. Knowing that Richtofen is gathering all these pieces, to make something else, it'll be explained in a huge easter egg in one of the maps.

But as for now, Shangri La's easter egg is done with, this happens every map, people don't want the eggs to end, so they come up with millions of theories to try carry them on and none of them ever work.

I think (hope) there is more. Shangri-La doesn't seem to have any closure in my opinion. Like John said Richtofen still has that rod...

I hate when members jump all over new users.

OP, I like where you are going with this. I too think there has to be more.

Good man... But I'm quite sure that the easter egg is over, at least for shangri-la. There may, however be smaller easter eggs besides the major one. Anyone remember the magic brick from Der Riese?

Pretty sure its over. Rictofen wanted the focusing stone, now he has it. What more would there be? Most likely, the next map will have both the Goldenrod and the Stone in his inventory. I think they are now visible because they want the final easter egg to only be finishable, etc. with the others complete.

Well another thing I noticed is that, you always need 4 players to do the Easter Egg. Pretty much settling that Richtofen had to be spawned... There has to be more. In WAW they had so little but we figured out most of it. I don't understand why they would just include one small little easter egg. And also why would he still be holding the Golden Rod and meteor? Yeah, there are cliff hangars but they wouldn't carry your Zombie in game progress into the next Level. That would just be stupid.

Well another thing I noticed is that, you always need 4 players to do the Easter Egg. Pretty much settling that Richtofen had to be spawned... There has to be more. In WAW they had so little but we figured out most of it. I don't understand why they would just include one small little easter egg. And also why would he still be holding the Golden Rod and meteor? Yeah, there are cliff hangars but they wouldn't carry your Zombie in game progress into the next Level. That would just be stupid.

Your point of having 4 players so somebody HAS to be Richtofen makes very good sense.

Thing is, I'm not sure where it can go! I plan on trying to get all 4 stones in one game This week after Tuesday, so, possibly, I think if it does continue, it would continue AFTER that. Like seeing if it still goes into eclipse, more radios, etc.

Think about this, too. in Ascension, the characters are bloodied, and older. However, in this, they are younger, cleaner. So, maybe the Golden Rod and Stone all get used sometime before the other maps? we have to try to think about continuity here, and This pretty much means that COTD and Shangri-la came before Ascension and Kino.

and then, if I find it doesn't seem to continue, then I will have to hope we get an MP4 and don't have to wait for the next 3ARC game. (Remember, the theater and lighthouse have been covered in this game, but there is still paris to be done. I can't see 3ARC ditching their easter eggs, so we may see Paris before Area 51 or whatever).

I also find it odd the only radios are from the Easter Egg side quest, so there may even be more of those, more notes, and I think there is more to that elevator.

I'll have to get a group after tuesday to do it with me, and I'll stream and report back if we find anything more.

Thing is, I'm not sure where it can go! I plan on trying to get all 4 stones in one game This week after Tuesday, so, possibly, I think if it does continue, it would continue AFTER that. Like seeing if it still goes into eclipse, more radios, etc.

Think about this, too. in Ascension, the characters are bloodied, and older. However, in this, they are younger, cleaner. So, maybe the Golden Rod and Stone all get used sometime before the other maps? we have to try to think about continuity here, and This pretty much means that COTD and Shangri-la came before Ascension and Kino.

and then, if I find it doesn't seem to continue, then I will have to hope we get an MP4 and don't have to wait for the next 3ARC game. (Remember, the theater and lighthouse have been covered in this game, but there is still paris to be done. I can't see 3ARC ditching their easter eggs, so we may see Paris before Area 51 or whatever).

I also find it odd the only radios are from the Easter Egg side quest, so there may even be more of those, more notes, and I think there is more to that elevator.

I'll have to get a group after tuesday to do it with me, and I'll stream and report back if we find anything more.

HA, that is where you are wrong sir.

takeo makes a quote about lunar landers when you go to the mine cart.

HA, that is where you are wrong sir.

takeo makes a quote about lunar landers when you go to the mine cart.

sad but true :cry:

that quote irks me badly

So if the focusing stone will be in the next map, does that mean that whoever is Richtofen will have all 7 perks at the start of the round? Sounds kinda dumb.

the new map might use that in the storyline of Richtofen getting those 2 pieces (stone & rod) and have him splitting off from the group because he got what he was looking for finally. If that's what they're planning then it explains why they would have him with the rod still as a hint to what is to come soon...

well i mean come on both Dempsey and Takeo have almost there full memory back. Dempsey even said he knows Richtofen made the zombies. and Takeo has said he is planing to kill Richtofen.

now here is the way i see it. if Richtofen grabs the stone he yells out: "NOW I CAN CONTROL THEM ALL HA HA HA HA HA" or some thing like that. now i think the rest of are heros were probably all like: GET HIM. so Richtofen will probably be are new bad guy. his last map as a "good guy" will probably be map pack 4 after that Treyarch will be all like: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL sorry no more zombies till black ops 2 but have fun playing *new zombie map name here* and figuring stuff out in there.

but more on topic the golden rod was ether put there to show that map takes place after CoTD or it is part of a easter egg we have not found yet. and i think it is part of easter egg we have not found yet. i mean just because we found and solved the main easter egg in like 2 days does not mean that there is not any more easter eggs. maybe if Richtofen holds X (or square or with ever the PC action button is) on something the golden rod will unlock a radio or some thing like that.

but remember flaming is not the answer. so do not go insulting other members just because they have a theory and u do not like it. thanks for reading all this.

I have the shangri-la .ff file which has all the easter egg code etc, however im having trouble turning it into zone files which makes it readable like the call of the dead game code I sent strwsbob, so hopefully we will have more insight then when I figure how to do it again

Secondly the focusing stone fits onto the golden rod, and will most likely (going by the indiana jones theme) is likely to be part of the final easter egg, possibly a map in which we can travel and play in the aether and confront sam and the demonic announcer

Anyway the focusing stone will go and fit onto the golden rod and act.like a shaman staff imo

Hmmm, I guess it could continue, but I've learnt not get my hopes up since ascension, we were so focused on finding another step and there was none.

I managed to complete the egg 3 times in one game yesterday, we were so close to the 4th.

I can imagine that there is plenty of smaller easter eggs on the map, we just gotta find them now.

To those making the arguments about the looks etc of the characters, remember what Treyarch has put in front of us, from the 115 teleporters from DR, to the numbers portals that dont take us through Ether in Five, to the legitimate time traveling that we do in Shangri-La.

Carbon is right, needless to say there are other things i have found in Shangri-La that must be apart of the easter egg. Like the two Golden/Orange Tiles in each of the Power room windows parrallel to the spinning statue. Those are put there for a reason :)

Ive tried shooting it with the ray gun, aswell as normal guns and the ballistic knife and no luck. Since you can't reach them id say you need to shoot them at the same time, or they may be two more hidden somwhere in the map that all need to be shot at the same time? I might go hunting today to see if i cant find anything else.