CotD or Ascension

Strictly from a Solo perspective, which map is better? My friends are never consistently online and I seriously can't deal with kids that have gamertags like, "xXx OpTiczzz xXx". I'm not buying Shangri-la, because from what I've seen, it's just the kind of map that would piss me off.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough question, but I'd have to say CotD. Reasons why:

-Feels like a bigger map to me.

-Slides are fun, plus more perks.

-If you get killing George down to a science, you can easily and consistently have all perks. He's not so bad once you figure out a system that works for you/him.

-Better EE Song :P

-No teleporter pads to link up, giving you (IMHO) easier and usually quicker access to PaP if you don't want to open the whole map up. This always annoyed me about Ascension, as I would buy Jugg but try to leave the rest of the map closed b/c I didn't want to expose the monkeys to the rest of the perks I was getting for free from them. But box moving, need/want for PaP meant I had to, and keeping 3 or 4 perks with Monkeys without them touching them...near impossible. Monkeys are probably the biggest reason for me choosing CotD over Ascension.

meh, idk. I like Ascension, but I felt as if it was too much like Der Riese (for those who own classic maps/played W@W). Although I enjoy playing both, I think George Romero and the size of the map really add a different demension than what I am used to as far as Zombies.