Shrine thing is rictofen grave?

If there were two Richtofens would it explain the why Alphasnake thinks Ascension came after COTD because hes a completely different person and thats why it looked like he changed into the spacesuit and back. If there was two he never would have been to Ascension and the other Richtofen could have been sent somewhere else before they teleported to COTD.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell are people getting two Richtofens from???

In the trailer, you could see Richtofen in the mine cart and then on the ground when it switched to first person.

I'm 100% sure that there is only one Richtofen and Treyarch just screwed up in the trailer. You Richtofen in first person, another character (I forgot which) in fist person shooting a 74u, and then Richtofen reloading an MPL. It's nothing to overthink.

From where the story seems to be going, Richtofen will be making some pretty intense moves storyline-wise.

Maybe, if he succesfully turns on the team, with all unlosable perks, and creates a new zombie army. Then, a older, weaker Richtofen from the future goes to the past to help the rest of the gang stop Current Richtofen from succeding. The future Richtofen could just want to prevent something horrible that happens to him in the future.

So, if that happens, you can still have Richtofen as part of the gang, sort of. :lol:

On topic though, with all the time traveling going on, maybe Richtofen, in the end, goes all the way back in time to the "perfect" Shangri-La as it was know as, and with all his technology, the people living there worship him like a god. He eventually dies, and they barey him with his prized possesion, the Focusing Stone.

How about Richtofen travelled onto the future and saw what was going to happen (him dieing)

So then he starts building something that will save him when he dies but he dosen't know the exact date he will die so it is a race against time to save him?part of the big easter egg maybe?

Maybe if he doesnt get the stone he dies because he doesnt have what he needs to accomplish his plan... But when he does have it he can accomplish his plan and stay alive? This time traveling is all to confusing to me.

This is what I believe. Situation:

Richtofen A goes to Shangri-La With the gang but does not acquire the Focusing Stone, and spends the rest of his life searching for it through the eclipse and such. After a long search Richtofen A finally finds his Focusing Stone in the hands of a dead Brock (A shell after they travelled to the start of the egg again).He then creates a shrine to himself and travels back in time through the eclipse and places it for himself to find. Richtofen B then comes along and a paradox is created. Richtofen B finds the Focusing Stone easily, therefore cancelling out Richtofen A completely. That is when it gets confusing and parallel Universes come into play.

I hope this has helped explain it for everyone else as well.

DEFINE: Shrine

noun /SHrīn/ 

shrines, plural

1. A place regarded as holy because of its associations with a divinity or a sacred person or relic, typically marked by a building or other construction

2. A place associated with or containing memorabilia of a particular revered person or thing

- her grave has become a shrine for fans from all over the world

3. A casket containing sacred relics; a reliquary***Isn't the shrine the 'alter' that you can find the focusing stone floating above? Or may be it's separate. But, they must be connected, even if they weren't the same. May be the 'sacred relic' is the focusing stone? Or is connected?***

4. A niche or enclosure containing a religious statue or other object

I'm not sure if this applies to anything you guys have been discussing, but I thought I put in the definition. From what I read of shrines, it could be a grave, a memory kind of stone, may be even containing something that is important to Richtofen. Alas, we may never know. It could just be there to point out something. Or 'tease' us. Whatever you might call it. HOWEVER, people HAVE been discussing two Richtofens. I agree to a certain extent, however, I am not completely convinced. We need more proof,, as a shrine isn't just a grave. Of course, a few people have been providing some great theories, which CoDz is all about. This is a theory, and in no way am I 100% sure this is true.

Looking at your shrine definition, it must be his grave AFTER he so called "rules the world"?

Maybe if he doesnt get the stone he dies because he doesnt have what he needs to accomplish his plan... But when he does have it he can accomplish his plan and stay alive? This time traveling is all to confusing to me.

This is what I believe. Situation:

Richtofen A goes to Shangri-La With the gang but does not acquire the Focusing Stone, and spends the rest of his life searching for it through the eclipse and such. After a long search Richtofen A finally finds his Focusing Stone in the hands of a dead Brock (A shell after they travelled to the start of the egg again).He then creates a shrine to himself and travels back in time through the eclipse and places it for himself to find. Richtofen B then comes along and a paradox is created. Richtofen B finds the Focusing Stone easily, therefore cancelling out Richtofen A completely. That is when it gets confusing and parallel Universes come into play.

I hope this has helped explain it for everyone else as well.

Unfortunately, I have not seen this shrine for myself, Yet. I plan on doing the easter egg again just so I can see this.

This is an excellent comment. I can see the basic fundamentals for everything, But I am interested in digging much deeper. This is getting good.

So I have a bit of a theory.

Has anyone ever heard of the time traveling paradox/ grandparents paradox?

Well this paradox occurs when one goes back in time and kills one of his grandparents, causing he/she not to be born. This means they never went back in time and killed their grandparent, meaning they would be born, which means they would kill their grandparent again.

What if Richtofen went back in time and killed the past Richtofen for the focus stone, but he wouldn't be alive in the future to do this, and he would in turn, not exist, meaning his past self would survive, meaning his future self would kill his past self? Because of this, the crew would be caught in an infinitely repeating timeline. Eventually, Richtofen may realize this and try to put a stop to it, by, for example, hiding the focus stone and other artifacts from the future Richtofen, so he wouldn't kill himself for the items.

I apologize if this has been posted on this thread. :)

The problem with that paradox is that you're looking at time travel as linear, which currently isn't support by physics such as M and String theory.

Heres a story, I'll sum it up because it's too long.

A girl meets a guy and has a baby, is abondoned by the guy, has the child stolen during birth, she has to have a sex change to become a man due to complications of the birth. He one day meets a time traveler, and goes back in time, meets a girl(who is himself), gets her pregnant, ditches her & steals the baby, then one day goes back in time and meets himself.

The person in this story is the time traveler, the girl, the boy, mother/father, etc. She is her entire family tree alone.

0_o

Anyway, jumping around in time will just get you to alternate realities. There is a reality where you would kill your grandfather, and disappear as a result, but only because string theory says that everything that is possible(which is everything, except nothing 0_o paradox...) happens.