Scavenger Mystery Box Problem?

Hey, I've been trying to get the Shooting On Location achievement (kill 10+ zombies with one Scavenger shot from 100+ft away) and the Scavenger will "not" spawn. In the past two days, I have played 15-20 hours, in multiple games, and have never gotten the Scavenger. I don't know if it was because of the update or what, but my in my last game I put over 100,000 points in the box without the Scavenger coming up once. Has this problem happened for anyone else?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you in later rounds? like round 15+ because i swear on anything, wonder weapons and stronger guns have less of a chance coming out of the box.

Your right. I was playing yesterday on Kino, and on round 18 i ran out of ammo. So i go to the box hoping for something good. I keep getting China Lakes, M72Laws, Snipers. After 40 times of using it, I got a AUG, then 10 more times later, I got a Ray Gun. While all the other people on my team got rayguns at round 8. That has to prove something :|

Actually the official coding states that the chances of a wonder weapon from the box increase in later rounds but drastically decrease when one is found in the box. So if you get to 20 and noone has yet had a scavenger even appear at all then it is very likely to show. Same for raygun vr11 thundergun winters howl and i assume jgb shrink thingy on new map has same rule.

Unlucky, i always get it as my first or second gun from the box. But i dont really know how to use it effectively so i dont like it.

It used to be like that for me also, but coincidentely since the update, I have not gotten the Scavenger. The V-R11 shows up all the time and the Ray Gun on occasion, but when I was playing, I played from 1-25ish without a Wonder Weapon (I did have Matryshkask) and the Scavenger never appeared.

Actually the official coding states that the chances of a wonder weapon from the box increase in later rounds but drastically decrease when one is found in the box. So if you get to 20 and noone has yet had a scavenger even appear at all then it is very likely to show. Same for raygun vr11 thundergun winters howl and i assume jgb shrink thingy on new map has same rule.

i know i know, the "coding". and the "chances and mathematical" equations and all that. i just think they like to screw you over in later rounds lol :lol:

Hmm, I have gotten the Ray gun RIGHT AFTER receiving the scavenger once. My cousin was like, 'ozmigod u have 2 keep both of tem!'. Of course, I didn't really want a combo of two wonder weapons due to low ammo so I traded the scavenger out for the HK21. No one ever got the scvenger again, despite getting to over level 20.(Finally, I had a strategy that worked). We kept trying. Perhaps once you get a wonder weapon like the scavenger and trade it in, it decreases the chance of getting it again drastically? Just a thought.